Rodak's Bubble 2015

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant see Cassel being a bubble guy. even if he looks sucky right now.

until something better comes along?

cant go with just two anyways. EJ has undeniable injury history.

I appreciated rodaks take on the TE's though.( that pained me)

Get Manhertz and that other kid on the PS. fun that he like Oleary over Gray .

BTW Gragg is hobbled again!!! for the umpteenth time. thats just too much to tolerate. hence that Jet guy coming in

If - and it's a fairly big if - I wouldn't expect it to be until someone better came available. You're right - the Bills can't go with just EJ and TT.

@mikerodak: Matt Cassel and Seantrel Henderson have moved onto the Bills roster bubble. Heres why: http://t.co/x1SCG51m8K

In fairness to Rodak, I mocked him for putting mike Williams on the bubble last year. Turns out he was close on that.

Williams is injured. I'm not sure if that counts as Rodak being right?

I don't think Rodak is thinking too clearly.

First of all, without pads, it's pretty silly to decide who is "on the bubble" or not. We all know some guys look great in shorts and fade when the hitting starts.

Hunter has been out of football - out of football! for 2 years, sucked when he last played, and is what, 34 years old? If he was rehabbing a nagging injury (I can't find any news or web info to that effect) and is now sound, there is no guarantee he will stay that way if he's called into action. It would be stupid to go into the season carrying only one reserve tackle who hasn't played a down in 2 years and is 34 years old.

The verdict on EJ last time he played for-real was "not quite there yet". There is NO info on how Taylor actually performs in games. $4M is the going rate for a backup vet, and the need for a QB who sets "the floor" at NFL- level play is still there. Cassel stays even if both EJ and Taylor are outplaying him, until and unless it's established what both of them can do in games.

Rodak is just stirring the pot. Nothing to see here, move along.

Edited by Hopeful

Williams is injured. I'm not sure if that counts as Rodak being right?

I don't think Rodak is thinking too clearly.

First of all, without pads, it's pretty silly to decide who is "on the bubble" or not. We all know some guys look great in shorts and fade when the hitting starts.

Hunter has been out of football - out of football! for 2 years, sucked when he last played, and is what, 34 years old? If he was rehabbing a nagging injury (I can't find any news or web info to that effect) and is now sound, there is no guarantee he will stay that way if he's called into action. It would be stupid to go into the season carrying only one reserve tackle who hasn't played a down in 2 years and is 34 years old.

The verdict on EJ last time he played for-real was "not quite there yet". There is NO info on how Taylor actually performs in games. $4M is the going rate for a backup vet, and the need for a QB who sets "the floor" at NFL- level play is still there. Cassel stays even if both EJ and Taylor are outplaying him, until and unless it's established what both of them can do in games.

Rodak is just stirring the pot. Nothing to see here, move along.

mike Williams, not Chris Williams. I mocked him thinking MW was going to be our solid #2 or #3 WR. He had him on the bubble in TC. He wasn't cut until the end of the season, but he might as well have been cut circa week 5. Edited by YoloinOhio

mike Williams, not Chris Williams. I mocked him thinking MW was going to be our solid #2 or #3 WR. He had him on the bubble in TC. He wasn't cut until the end of the season, but he might as well have been cut circa week 5.

He did, however, start the first four weeks, and then something happened which turned Marrone off him, probably off the field, since he had just caught an 80 yard TD the last game he started. I never at all fell for the Hogan just beat him out nonsense.

He did, however, start the first four weeks, and then something happened which turned Marrone off him, probably off the field, since he had just caught an 80 yard TD the last game he started. I never at all fell for the Hogan just beat him out nonsense.

Which is why Mike Williams is having a great camp this year with a team?

Which is why Mike Williams is having a great camp this year with a team?

That has nothing to do with my post, which was the answer to another post. Thanks for playing and being your normal self, not sticking to the point. ;)

Yolo mentioned the bubble last year and the fact that he had MW on it early in OTAs. That, we found out, was due to injury. That was the reason he was not running with the ones. When MW did play he was quickly named a starter and started the first four games. That is the complete opposite of being on the bubble to not make the team. That's being a starter and not even a reserve. Then, a month into the season something happened with MW and FukkFace Von Clownstick Marrone (with apologies to Jon Stewart), and MW then was blackballed. Maybe he deserved it, we don't know. But it really had nothing to do with the being on the bubble that Rodak erroneously thought was due to poor play.

I'm pretty sure teams just don't want to bet on a guy who hasn't produced in two years due to injury and several off the field problems on two different teams. That's tough to overcome when there are so many WRs these days.

That has nothing to do with my post, which was the answer to another post. Thanks for playing and being your normal self, not sticking to the point. ;)

Yolo mentioned the bubble last year and the fact that he had MW on it early in OTAs. That, we found out, was due to injury. That was the reason he was not running with the ones. When MW did play he was quickly named a starter and started the first four games. That is the complete opposite of being on the bubble to not make the team. That's being a starter and not even a reserve. Then, a month into the season something happened with MW and FukkFace Von Clownstick Marrone (with apologies to Jon Stewart), and MW then was blackballed. Maybe he deserved it, we don't know. But it really had nothing to do with the being on the bubble that Rodak erroneously thought was due to poor play.

I'm pretty sure teams just don't want to bet on a guy who hasn't produced in two years due to injury and several off the field problems on two different teams. That's tough to overcome when there are so many WRs these days.

i forgot MW was still recovering from injury in TC. Seems like a combination of things have pretty much stalled (ended) his career?

i forgot MW was still recovering from injury in TC. Seems like a combination of things have pretty much stalled (ended) his career?

Yep. He had a bad injury in 2013 then let go basically by a new coach trying to make a tough impression in Lovie Smith. It was a volatile situation he was thrown in, coming home to Buffalo where his buddies lived and reunited with Marroon whom he obviously had problems with and who had problems with him in college.

They both said all the right things and that they love each other but that was before we knew Marrone was such a pompous vindictive ass, plus we are not privy to the stuff that MW does and says off the field. Something happened. I heard rumors MW did something pretty bad in a bar but not sure the truth of it. But whatever he did, I'm sure it was not nothing, made Marrone just turn on him for the rest of the season.

He may not get another chance. I think someone will sign him for training camp and see what he is able to do with no signing bonus or guarantees. But maybe no one wants the potential headache when there are so many young talented WR out there. The Bills are probably going to cut three WR who can play in the NFL.

@mikerodak: Matt Cassel and Seantrel Henderson have moved onto the Bills roster bubble. Heres why: http://t.co/x1SCG51m8K

In fairness to Rodak, I mocked him for putting mike Williams on the bubble last year. Turns out he was close on that.

A said a couple of weeks ago that Cassel should/could be cut if hrE continued to play poorly. But Hendy? No way, unless he's gotten into legal trouble.

Isn't this time of year fun? Based on limited work in OTAs/minicamp, coaches throw platitudes and/or take motivational shots, fans and the press instantly conclude one guy is a star and the other on the way down/out.

Based on observed sub-par performance, Rodak theorizes Cassel might not make the team, simply due to his contract. No input from a coach or team official. No theory about how he will be replaced on the roster. Just some thought-fart emitted by "some dude" (that's exactly what Rodak is without inside info). Now other "journalist" cite the Rodak report and NOW it's a REAL STORY:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/20/matt-cassel-is-no-lock-to-make-the-bills-roster/

Edited by The Dean

Unless there is another vet QB for the Bills to pick up, it is absurd to think Whaley will go into yet another season without a seasoned veteran QB in the fold---just in case. That would be a real head-shaker.

If have no problem if cassell is #3 at final cuts and they release him. Id be upset if they let him go early though

If have no problem if cassell is #3 at final cuts and they release him. Id be upset if they let him go early though

The only way I see that happening is if another vet somehow falls in their lap.

I'll be plenty upset with releasing Cassel if they don't replace him with another veteran QB with playing experience.

The only way I see that happening is if another vet somehow falls in their lap.

You beat me.

Yeah... Henderson is really on the bubble with all those tackles we have on our roster.

If kujo starts and they bring in a vet as swing.....

I like Henderson as the 3rd guy up but he wasn't exactly great. If he takes a step forward- awesome. If he takes a step back he could be gone