Rodak's Bubble 2015

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the point of saving on Cassels salary? There would be no one available unless some crazy QB cuts during training camps. Most likely that QB would not be a significant improvement anyways. he's the only vet on the roster. Three days playing in sweats doesn't mean squat. i think the team knew what they were getting when they signed him. Although his salary structure does seem favorable. Didn't they pay a fifth for him? maybe with the FO personnel changes there will be a fulltime qualifed scout out there grading the 2016 QB's. hearing Jim Kelly on the NFL network yesterday, he certainly wasn't jumping up and down about any QB on the roster but he did say he "hoped" EJ could pull it together this year.

Whats the point of saving on Cassels salary? There would be no one available unless some crazy QB cuts during training camps. Most likely that QB would not be a significant improvement anyways. he's the only vet on the roster. Three days playing in sweats doesn't mean squat. i think the team knew what they were getting when they signed him. Although his salary structure does seem favorable. Didn't they pay a fifth for him? maybe with the FO personnel changes there will be a fulltime qualifed scout out there grading the 2016 QB's. hearing Jim Kelly on the NFL network yesterday, he certainly wasn't jumping up and down about any QB on the roster but he did say he "hoped" EJ could pull it together this year.

Yeah but if you couple that with what he's done over the last 4 seasons it doesn't take much to put 2 and 2 together that he is not looking like an improvement over two younger guys with a much higher upside at this stage of their careers.

Not shocking. Not sure what the numbers are, but cutting Cassel and Williams could open the door to extending Dareus and others. Rodak could be right on cutting Cassel. I guess we will see.

As for Henderson, I had high expectations for him. Rodak might see the smoke signals that things are not right. If he had hard feelings (fallen behind Kujo) and hasnt followed through on his assignments (Roman's zone scheme), he might be too far behind. Upon drafting him last year, we all knew there were questions surrounding his work ethic. Could the travel issue be a temper tantrum? It could.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Not shocking. Not sure what the numbers are, but cutting Cassel and Williams could open the door to extending Dareus and others. Rodak could be right on cutting Cassel. I guess we will see.

As for Henderson, I had high expectations for him. Rodak might see the smoke signals that things are not right. If he had hard feelings (fallen behind Kujo) and hasnt followed through on his assignments (Roman's zone scheme), he might be too far behind. Upon drafting him last year, we all knew there were questions surrounding his work ethic. Could the travel issue be a temper tantrum? It could.

I would tend to agree, although they could just let him stew over the next 6 weeks if he is having an attitude problem, and hope he gets it together when training camp starts and he realizes he IS on the bubble. Also, it doesn't cost much to keep him as 7rd pick I imagine. ?/

I would tend to agree, although they could just let him stew over the next 6 weeks if he is having an attitude problem, and hope he gets it together when training camp starts and he realizes he IS on the bubble. Also, it doesn't cost much to keep him as 7rd pick I imagine. ?/

agree. I doubt he gets cut unless he really screws up. We just don't have enough OTs and he costs next to nothing. Also has a full season of starting experience. He might not start but I just don't see him getting cut.

Cassel gets cut it's 4.7 million and no dead money.

The interesting part is IF he gets cut, do the Pats sign him?

a) knowledge of Bills playbook

b) former clipboard holder to GCOAT Brady

c) could give them a better chance at winning than Jimmy Garoppolo

*GCOAT -Greatest Cheater Of All Time

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/buffalo-bills

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I usually do not read Rodak and am not a fan of his; but I do think he has some degree of credibility with this story. Remember it was OTAs and mini camp. NOT REAL FOOTBALL. If Cassel is a bust in training camp; if EJ and Tyrod show real progress and if Simms shows some promise then and only in that evet could Cassel be cut. His cap savings alone would be enough to sign Dareus long term. And for Henderson, he better grow up fast and not go back to his U days or he will be looking for a new team. Rex will not take any excuses.

Having to cut Cassel would be more disappointing than surprising. If he can't be depended upon as a a starter or as a mentor who can spot start if needed then he needs to go. Hopefully he improves. It isn't like he's going anywhere anytime soon.

If Henderson goes because someone better is brought in then I'm happy the Bills improved.

Having to cut Cassel would be more disappointing than surprising. If he can't be depended upon as a a starter or as a mentor who can spot start if needed then he needs to go. Hopefully he improves. It isn't like he's going anywhere anytime soon.

If Henderson goes because someone better is brought in then I'm happy the Bills improved.

Unless there is another vet QB for the Bills to pick up, it is absurd to think Whaley will go into yet another season without a seasoned veteran QB in the fold---just in case. That would be a real head-shaker.

Cant see Cassel being a bubble guy. even if he looks sucky right now.

until something better comes along?

cant go with just two anyways. EJ has undeniable injury history.

I appreciated rodaks take on the TE's though.( that pained me)

Get Manhertz and that other kid on the PS. fun that he like Oleary over Gray .

BTW Gragg is hobbled again!!! for the umpteenth time. thats just too much to tolerate. hence that Jet guy coming in

Unless there is another vet QB for the Bills to pick up, it is absurd to think Whaley will go into yet another season without a seasoned veteran QB in the fold---just in case. That would be a real head-shaker.

they gave up a 5th rd pick for him too. Whaley said they could keep 3. I think they will.

I usually do not read Rodak and am not a fan of his; but I do think he has some degree of credibility with this story. Remember it was OTAs and mini camp. NOT REAL FOOTBALL. If Cassel is a bust in training camp; if EJ and Tyrod show real progress and if Simms shows some promise then and only in that evet could Cassel be cut. His cap savings alone would be enough to sign Dareus long term. And for Henderson, he better grow up fast and not go back to his U days or he will be looking for a new team. Rex will not take any excuses.

A little over 4 mil on a one or two year deal will be enough to sign Dareus? Seriously? Thats funny. And having the three Qb's you mention would put EJ Manuel as the oldest tenured vet. With 14 starts, some here still consider him a rookie and he is entering his third year. Do we want this in a season where the playoffs are achieveable. Tyrod has thrown what? Something like 19 passes? i am not claiming Cassell is some savior but at 4 mil+ less than the bust known as C. Williams made alone on his signing bonus is worth his contract. just alone as an insurance policy. Seriously this team needs 10-11 wins I don't know if any of these guys can pull it off. But not having a vet on the team is going back to the Gailey era. Starting a backup with Thigpen as his backup. very scary, and really the team has been built backwords. but anything can happen. The O line and QB are this teams missing link for how many years now?

I seriously doubt anybody is on the bubble when pads haven't even been put on. We're really going to bubble the starting RT when they've only been in shorts? I don't doubt Kujo's talent but I'll believe Kujo has turned the corner when I see/hear about him doing it live.