Church Shooting

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day you express an opinion someone else didn't write for you, it'll be a first.

rubbish. give me an example of a truly novel thought that you have posted. it's rare for anyone to put forth an idea that no one else as considered but given your ego you probably think it's an everyday occurence in your life.

this particular piece gives data to support the conclusion that millenials are not more tolerant. linking to data - now there's a truly novel idea.

I think the racist culture is pushed even deeper underground.

I tell the story of how my father quit the Knights of Columbus 30+ years ago. It was during the time when the .22 Caliber Killer was running around BFLO shooting AA people. Anybody else old enough to remember that... Of there are many here that do. Well, the reason he quit The Knights was, members actually were @ the bar making jokes and taking (joke of course) donations to buy the killer more bullets.

Wow! That's pretty damn racist!

I have no doubt that a lot of racism is just pushed undergound. It doesn't help when states are inadvertantly sending signals... Be it the Stars and Bars, etc...

I also have no doubt that the same racist behavior is still occuring today, like it did 40 years ago around that bar in Cheektowaga, New York.

Mario Cuomo nailed it (to paraphrase) when he said it starts @ home around the dinner table. That's exactly why my father left the organization. It disgusted him. Here is a man (my father) who was almost lynched in Memphis during the Civil Rights Movement because he opened a door for a black woman and he has to tolerate this from a Catholic organization?

It's starts @ the dinner table... Even if any of you don't take advice from this idiot and the rest of them here... Take this one: It starts @ the dinner table. Thanks Mario!

Dorkington: (I can't get the reply feature to work) I am not sure? That's a tough and tricky question! Maybe for some it is not that tough.

His name isn't important........................... theirs are

Charleston-Church-Shooting-Victims-w-bor

Top Row: Ethel Lee Lance Tywanza Sanders Cynthia Hurd Middle Row: Rev. Depayne Middleton-Doctor Reverend Clementa Pinckney Susie Jackson Bottom Row: Myra Thompson Rev. Daniel L. Simmons Sharonda Coleman-Singleton

And as for the sheep bleating about the racist culture

As Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal said yesterday, evil is real and the government is not going to legislate it away.

But in typical fashion, the conversation immediately became political. The state of South Carolina, controlled by Republicans, elected an Indian American Governor and put a black man in charge of the congressional district from which the first shots of the Civil War were fired. They then elevated him to the United States Senate. Both are Republicans.

The state has moved on. But, of course, cries from the left were all about the state’s racism. Race hustlers picked it up for political gain. Fox News and the GOP were attacked. Governor Nikki Haley was blamed. I dare say online and on leftwing television programs, most every person and idea on the right-of-center was blamed more than Dylann Roof.

Meanwhile, Back In Chicago, 20 People Shot On Thursday Night, 3 Killed…

The only person who seems to be turning this political is YOU.

You could have just posted the pictures and names.

And the evil does start @ the dinner table. No matter who is elected, there is the rascist culture underground... Of course, where it starts. Chicago has its problems, of course that news is adding to the culture. You don't think the racist culture knows about what's happening in Chicago? Thanks for the newsflash.

It is in extremely poor taste to make these comments. It is also ridiculous to blame the Pastor. However, it is not untrue that a member of the congregation with a gun may have saved some lives.

It is in extremely poor taste to make these comments. It is also ridiculous to blame the Pastor. However, it is not untrue that a member of the congregation with a gun may have saved some lives.

Of course... I totally agree w/you. BUT what do you expect in a highly competitive society? Some person for somebody will always be to blame. That's sad!!!

I agree.

Colorado Springs vs. Charleston: The Church Massacre That Ended Differently

by Katie Pavlich

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/06/19/colorado-springs-vs-charleston-the-church-massacre-that-ended-differently-n2014783

I guess I am white trash.

To each their own. I have a Confederate naval jack. I don't think everyone cares about what you think or others think. Some do, mostly you. But, the flag is not all about hate. Especially in the South and especially in this current politically charged atmosphere.

I don't fly I flag. I don't even know where it is. But when I see the flag I don't think hate. I don't think white trash. I don't think anything. I simply don't care. The same way I don't care when I see a fish sticker for Jesus. Or a dude wearing his gang colors.

I don't care. Why does everyone else? Oh wait, the flag makes guns kill people.

Do you fly it proudly, this naval jack?

I agree.

Colorado Springs vs. Charleston: The Church Massacre That Ended Differently

by Katie Pavlich

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/06/19/colorado-springs-vs-charleston-the-church-massacre-that-ended-differently-n2014783

Just stop right now... Please. Read my post above. Let's militarize the whole world, including church. That's just idiotic.

Just stop right now... Please. Read my post above. Let's militarize the whole world, including church. That's just idiotic.

I'm sorry.

I simply do not have time to correct every over-reaching misconception that you spout.

No one is forcing your "peace loving" person to be armed.............your leap is what is idiotic

however, those individuals who are capable of being armed, help keep everyone safer.....as statistics have shown.

Take a few deep breaths , you are getting overheated.

it's unlikely it was an coincidence that the murderer chose this church: http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2015/06/18/charleston-ame-church-history. the racist history surrounding it is quite disturbing. as one columnist noted today, it should also not escape notice that sc still flies the confederate flag above its state house.

So the acts of one man are imputed to the society at large? Does that apply to violent acts performed by members of all racial and ethnic groups against others or just white against black?

Or are you just trying to earn your "I'm one of the good ones" T-shirt?

Edited by Rob's House

True. Or it could have resulted in more deaths if armed parishioners started taking pot shots. A shoot-out in church probably isn't the best case scenario in instances like this. Not everyone who owns/carries a gun is an expert shot.

And if the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, I suppose there is no more need for negotiators on police forces.

Bring back the Wild West!

True. Or it could have resulted in more deaths if armed parishioners started taking pot shots. A shoot-out in church probably isn't the best case scenario in instances like this. Not everyone who owns/carries a gun is an expert shot.

And if the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, I suppose there is no more need for negotiators on police forces.

Bring back the Wild West!

Not every cop who carries a gun is an expert shot either. And pot shots? Really? When it's a singular psychopath, it's not like there's gonna be a shootout for 5 minutes. All it takes is one or two shots to incapacitate, and half of the room could be saved.

You're telling me police forces aren't reactionary? Why didn't the police stop this violence?

Your loaded language needs to be noted, as well.

Edited by FireChan

Fox News and the GOP were attacked.

Maybe the fact that some of the Fox news idiots and some in the GOP were trying to claim the attack had nothing to with race,

and trying to imply it was a hate crime based on religion.

Good thing those gangs are well armed in Chicago. I would hate to see the carnage if they were not.

Not every cop who carries a gun is an expert shot either. And pot shots? Really? When it's a singular psychopath, it's not like there's gonna be a shootout for 5 minutes. All it takes is one or two shots to incapacitate, and half of the room could be saved.

You're telling me police forces aren't reactionary? Why didn't the police stop this violence?

Your loaded language needs to be noted, as well.

Police officers who carry guns are trained to shoot and to handle stressful situations. The same cannot be said for any random citizen who gets his hands on a gun. It is completely possible, and perhaps somewhat likely, someone without this training could shoot back, miss and kill someone. Hell, this happens with "trained" officers. All it takes is two shots to incapacitate the perpetrator, or kill two other innocent people. Can you imagine the aftermath if two people were killed by fellow parishioners, even if it resulted in fewer overall deaths? Then it isn't just the result of some wack job criminal, the community would have to live with knowing parishioners were killed by their fellow "sane" church members.

And where did I say police weren't (often) reactionary? What's the alternative? A police state?

This country had the kind of self-policing you suggest for many years. How did that work out?