Bills' Mandatory Minicamp: June 16-18

He's never been a good passer.

Corey Graham, who actually defended against him for two years every day in practice thinks he is. Nickey Robey, who has practiced against him this year thinks he is. Gary Kubiak, considered a strong offensive mind and recently hired as HC of the Broncos who was Taylor's coach last year thinks he is. That's good enough to consider he very well may be.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corey Graham, who actually defended against him for two years every day in practice thinks he is. Nickey Robey, who has practiced against him this year thinks he is. Gary Kubiak, considered a strong offensive mind and recently hired as HC of the Broncos who was Taylor's coach last year thinks he is. That's good enough to consider he very well may be.

His play in actual games says he's not...

I'm waiting to see what he looks like, not relying on what teammates say.

I've gone back to watch his college and NFL preseason games. He misses reads, he's late on throws, and puts way too much air under deep balls. The kid is a gamer, no doubt. When watching him, I've just never seen a good passer.

So, San-O decided to point out that he's overthrowing people. My response is well, that's not surprising. That doesn't necessarily mean he can't be the most serviceable guy in this offense, on this team.

His play in actual games says he's not...

I'm waiting to see what he looks like, not relying on what teammates say.

I've gone back to watch his college and NFL preseason games. He misses reads, he's late on throws, and puts way too much air under deep balls. The kid is a gamer, no doubt. When watching him, I've just never seen a good passer.

So, San-O decided to point out that he's overthrowing people. My response is well, that's not surprising. That doesn't necessarily mean he can't be the most serviceable guy in this offense, on this team.

The point most people that actually watched him was that in four years of playing in the NFL and being coached, he has improved. The Ravens are a SB winning team and they kept him as their backup. In the preseason games he has played great (although I am not a big believer in preseason games so I take that with a boulder of salt). The mop up regular season appearances because they are so small and short mean nothing to me either. The most important factor is Kubiak, IMO. He wanted Taylor on the Broncos.

No one knows if he can play well in regular season NFL games. The people that have watched him for the last four years as he has grown have liked what they saw.

Karlos Williams: "I Learn All I Can, While I Can" (2:52)

RB Karlos Williams talks about the comradery amongst the rookie class, how they hope to make an impact in 2015 and what he plans to do in the break leading up to training camp.

Cyrus Kouandjio: "Pretty Confident About My Game" (5:46)

The Bills offensive lineman talks about making strides this season, what he thinks of offensive line coach Aaron Kromer, and his opportunity to earn a starting job this year.

Minicamp Notes: Day 3

The Bills put a wrap on their spring practice schedule Thursday with their final minicamp practice.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The point most people that actually watched him was that in four years of playing in the NFL and being coached, he has improved. The Ravens are a SB winning team and they kept him as their backup. In the preseason games he has played great (although I am not a big believer in preseason games so I take that with a boulder of salt). The mop up regular season appearances because they are so small and short mean nothing to me either. The most important factor is Kubiak, IMO. He wanted Taylor on the Broncos.

No one knows if he can play well in regular season NFL games. The people that have watched him for the last four years as he has grown have liked what they saw.

its nice that he wanted him.... but it was in a backup role. how much he likes him at that point is easily debatable. He could think he has starting potential. Or he could think hes safely the 43rd best qb in the league making him a top 10 backup. Or he might think hes lower but simply be comfortable with him since it kind of becomes 6 of one and a half dozen of the other once you get deep in the ranking.

This part with regards to EJ was interesting.

"He’s much less hesitant in his decision making and his accuracy is more consistent. Perhaps the area of his game that has seen the greatest jump is his footwork in the pocket and leading up to the throw."

We'll see... still waiting for my ABC membership card to arrive in the mail.

Edited by YattaOkasan

its nice that he wanted him.... but it was in a backup role. how much he likes him at that point is easily debatable. He could think he has starting potential. Or he could think hes safely the 43rd best qb in the league making him a top 10 backup. Or he might think hes lower but simply be comfortable with him since it kind of becomes 6 of one and a half dozen of the other once you get deep in the ranking.

Can we agree Kubiak and company are going into the season believing they have the personnel to compete for a Super Bowl? Can we also agree that at Peyton's age, it is reasonable to believe there are increased odds he will miss at least some of the season with injuries? Given that, I think it is quite likely the Broncos see their backup QB as key and not just a clipboard holder.

Sal on radio just now said he didn't think Rex was as impressed with EJ as the media was. He doesn't think he wants him. He think he's 3rd on the list of who he wants.

I got that vibe quite strongly from his presser. I don't get it. If he wins, he wins. Dude is young and works hard. If he wins, he theoretically gives us years of production.

Sal on radio just now said he didn't think Rex was as impressed with EJ as the media was. He doesn't think he wants him. He think he's 3rd on the list of who he wants.

These guys crack me up with the over analysis and parsing of every word, inflection, and even body language. :lol:

@jchenelly: Observer within #Bills: Coaches went into #BillsMinicamp hoping Cassel would rise to top. He did not; he faltered but still in competition.

I like this Chenelly guy. He seems pretty connected.

Rex isn't just looking at the end result of each play and adding up the numbers like the media is.

Also, Sal already said what he thinks the chances are for each guy: 65% Cassel, 25% Taylor, and 10% Manuel. It kind of sounds like he's just matching what he thinks Rex thinks to what Sal thinks...

Obviously, there are a lot of assumptions here. But this is why I don't want Rex picking the qb. Let the best guy win. It's stupid to have favorites as a coach.

Rex's love of Sanchez held back a SB caliber team.

Can we agree Kubiak and company are going into the season believing they have the personnel to compete for a Super Bowl? Can we also agree that at Peyton's age, it is reasonable to believe there are increased odds he will miss at least some of the season with injuries? Given that, I think it is quite likely the Broncos see their backup QB as key and not just a clipboard holder.

Bingo. So if Taylor was such an impressive backup, why didn't Kubiak get him, for next to nothing. IMO

I got that vibe quite strongly from his presser. I don't get it. If he wins, he wins. Dude is young and works hard. If he wins, he theoretically gives us years of production.

I didn't get that vibe at all. Rex has been consistent with his message. EJ had a good day, so what, doesn't change anything. He said the same exact things after Taylor had a good day Tuesday. He didn't give Taylor any praise for it.