Bills' Mandatory Minicamp: June 16-18

Chris Brown: Looking for Depth at Next Week's Camp (11:19)

Chris Brown joined The John Murphy Show to recap the Bills OTAs and looked ahead to next week's mandatory minicamp.

6 players under the radar going into minicamp

Which of these relatively unknown players have done enough so far to warrant another look in the upcoming minicamp?

NOTE: All three days of minicamp will be covered by the media.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Murphy with insightful analysis:

He (Gray) caught two big passes in the win over the Browns, one for 30 yards, the other for 42 yards. Both of them produced first downs.

Same here

I just feel like somethings off when I listen to his play by play. Maybe its because I was spoiled with Van Miller

CBF

Miller was okay. He certainly went downhill at the end. Murph is not that great either.

Minicamp will give preview of several camp battles

By Sal Capaccio

3127018.jpg?1434342042

Tuesday begins the final set of offseason workouts or practices for the Buffalo Bills before training camp officially opens July 31. The team will be on the field for a mandatory three-day minicamp Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, then take a six week break from any team activities before checking in at St. John Fisher.

Van was excellent. He really knew how to set the stage and describe the action to give a great picture of the action on the field.

Yeah, Van was an all-time great. Murphy is not even in the same league as a play-by-play guy. With that being said he feels like a nice guy and has relationships in the building that those other WGR guys (ie Schopp & the Bulldog, Howard Simon, etc...) just do not have. The reason that Schopp is hard on the Bills is b/c the people in the building can't stand him. Without the Bills, the guy wouldn't have a career (which is the irony). At any rate, Murphy is a likable guy and his interviews (although filled with fluff) give access to a lot of guys that we would never hear from without his show.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yeah, Van was an all-time great. Murphy is not even in the same league as a play-by-play guy. With that being said he feels like a nice guy and has relationship in the building that those other WGR guys (ie Schopp & the Bulldog, Howard Simon, etc...) just do not have. The reason that Schopp is hard on the Bills is b/c the people in the building cant stand him. Without the Bills, the guy wouldn't have a career (which is the irony). At any rate, Murphy is a likable guy and his interviews (although filled with fluff) give access to a lot of guys that we would never hear from without his show.

Good take regarding Murph. He simply lacks some sort of "edge" in his play-by-play that would make him memorable. He's like a big goofy teddy bear. I agree the interview access is nice, but you never get anything provocative.

Like I said, I merely tolerate him. Nice guy, but nothing too interesting.

I still think the Darby pick was a good one.....but really dont want to see him move Robey out

This is a VERY good secondary we hav enow.

he mentioned Darby right after Robey. Eisen asked him who was the best unheralded guy who he inherited. Since he drafted Darby he didnt use him as an example. Said Darby has looked great in OTA. Now it will be interesting to see how he does vs. Sammy once he starts practicing. Sammy would give Gilmore fits in TC last year. Edited by YoloinOhio

I still think the Darby pick was a good one.....but really dont want to see him move Robey out

This is a VERY good secondary we hav enow.

Darby's not taking Robey's position -- Robey is a slot guy. Darby will be on the outside.

@MatthewFairburn

The Bills have signed DT Andre Fluellen and designated safety Deon Broomfield as waived/injured.

@BuffaloBillsPR

With the #Bills signing of Florida State product Andre Fluellen, the @buffalobills now have seven former @FSUfootball Seminoles on the squad

@buffalobills

The Bills have signed 8-year veteran DT Andre Fluellen. Welcome, @afluellen96! DETAILS: http://bufbills.co/TJm7NG

CHoCXIeWwAA9ArA.jpg

@BuffaloBillsPR

With the #Bills signing of Florida State product Andre Fluellen, the @buffalobills now have seven former @FSUfootball Seminoles on the squad

@SalSports: Notable 1st O Bills

Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Miller, Kouandjio, Cassel.

@JoeBuscaglia: Percy Harvin is here. Haven't seen Chris Williams just yet but he may be off to the side

@JoeBuscaglia: Seantrel Henderson is not at mandatory minicamp #Bills

Ummmm - Seantrel?

@ChrisBrownBills: Notables not in attendance Aaron Williams (rehab) and Seantrel Henderson. #Bills

@SalSports: Some OL work. http://t.co/dGHwkqxKnH

@SalSports: Leodis McKelvin is getting plenty of work fielding/returning punts. Good sign for him. #Bills :(

@mikerodak: Not spotted at Bills minicamp today: Seantrel Henderson, Aaron Williams, Chris Williams, Tony Steward, Cam Thomas, Wes Miller

@viccarucci: Monitoring players' physical exertion in real time at #Bills minicamp. http://t.co/JA1XFXs6nX

@ChrisBrownBills: OL Chris Williams in building but not participating. #Bills

@RavensInsider: Former Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister working with Bills' defensive backs for second year in a row on coaching internship

@SalSports: Heavy run-game work for the Bills in the first portion of offensive team work today. Lots of toss-sweep action.

Ground. pound. #nolebron

@SalSports: Plenty of different ways Bills are blocking toss-sweep. Tackles pulling a lot. FB leading sometimes. Even QB reversing then lead way.

@mikerodak: Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor splitting 1st team reps in 11 on 11s today. EJ Manuel and Matt Simms with 2nd/3rd group.

@SalSports: Cassel hits Goodwin down sideline for TD against Ross Cockrell.

@mikerodak: Still no Gilmore or McKelvin in team drills. Cockrell and Brooks still in their place.

@john_wawrow: I couldn't help but see bad things from #Bills QBs, until Cassel hit Goodwin on a deep route up left sideline.

@mikerodak: Still no Sammy Watkins in team drills today.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@SalSports: Heavy run-game work for the Bills in the first portion of offensive team work today. Lots of toss-sweep action.

Ground. pound. #nolebron

@SalSports: Plenty of different ways Bills are blocking toss-sweep. Tackles pulling a lot. FB leading sometimes. Even QB reversing then lead way.

@mikerodak: Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor splitting 1st team reps in 11 on 11s today. EJ Manuel and Matt Simms with 2nd/3rd group.

@SalSports: Cassel hits Goodwin down sideline for TD against Ross Cockrell.

@mikerodak: Still no Gilmore or McKelvin in team drills. Cockrell and Brooks still in their place.

@john_wawrow: I couldn't help but see bad things from #Bills QBs, until Cassel hit Goodwin on a deep route up left sideline.

@mikerodak: Still no Sammy Watkins in team drills today.

This sums up the value that I see in Goodwin. I don't see this team surgically picking teams apart with a controlled passing game. They are going to have to make some big plays in the passing game. Fortunately they have some guys that can be dangerous with the ball in their hands (Watkins, Harvin, McCoy).

This sums up the value that I see in Goodwin. I don't see this team surgically picking teams apart with a controlled passing game. They are going to have to make some big plays in the passing game. Fortunately they have some guys that can be dangerous with the ball in their hands (Watkins, Harvin, McCoy).

And I think the addition of these guys was by design (and necessity). I really think all the QB is going to be asked to do is get the ball into their hands quickly. Obviously defenses will begin to cheat, at which point you need to be able to go over the top (Goodwin).