Bills' Mandatory Minicamp: June 16-18

JR in Pittsburgh, on 17 Jun 2015 - 8:41 PM, said:

Tanehill with another perfect day. 20 for 20, for 75 yards.

Is that a serious stat out just joking?

3.75 ypc?!?!?!?

sign him now!!!

i see what you did. took me a minute though

I guess I don't .. care to enlighten us

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JOBOOZOSO: FOX @NFLonFOX Tannehill, Dolphins look sharp during mini-camp practices http://t.co/imm5eZVHEw

@OmarKelly: Allow the Sun-Sentinel to breakdown Ryan Tannehill's BIG day during #Dolphins' final minicamp (highlights too) http://t.co/qL2BlXnmo2

#Doomed

He had his BIG day against the Phins third-team D. YOU could have a BIG day against the Phins third-team D.

Edited by Rivermont Mike

I'll stay with reading Chris Brown :)

Matt Cassel’s best pass came when Chris Hogan got great separation on a route on the right side to beat the corner on the play.
EJ Manuel had a great looking touch pass during red zone that he dropped over the outside shoulder of the cornerback and into the waiting hands of Marqueis Gray for a touchdown despite tight coverage.
Tyrod Taylor’s best throw was on a pass to the right side where he fit the ball between the corner and the safety to Robert Woods for a 15-yard pickup.

I'll stay with reading Chris Brown :)

Matt Cassels best pass came when Chris Hogan got great separation on a route on the right side to beat the corner on the play.

EJ Manuel had a great looking touch pass during red zone that he dropped over the outside shoulder of the cornerback and into the waiting hands of Marqueis Gray for a touchdown despite tight coverage.

Tyrod Taylors best throw was on a pass to the right side where he fit the ball between the corner and the safety to Robert Woods for a 15-yard pickup.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Minicamp-Notes-Day-2/6c56e599-0ff3-49d1-9999-88938bfb09bf

the main theme from the reports yesterday is that the QBs looked fine in 7 on 7 but struggled with the Bills 1st team pass rush in 11 on 11. I guess this should be expected. They also had some drops and were working with WRs like Deonte Thompson. The OL is in the process of learning the new blocking scheme, includes 2 guys who have never played an NFL game, plus trying to block the best DL in the league without the benefit of pads. None of the reports really surprise me. You just want to see progress once they get to camp. Edited by YoloinOhio

OTAs are not going not to determine a winner. The coaches may have a favorite in the back of their minds but this competition will be decided come training camp. What I want to see is an offense that grows and can win their fair share of battles against this defense. If the defense is beating them down all summer long I would start to worry. If the offense can hold up their end against the 1st string defense and win some battles we will have a good shot at breaking the playoff streak.

@JohnKryk

Despite all those bad passes today #Bills OC Greg Roman tells me his O is 'right on schedule': http://blogs.canoe.com/krykslants/nfl/despite-all-those-awful-passes-bills-o-right-on-schedule-says-greg-roman/

Should be required reading for all Bills fans. Kryk still gets in his shots early in the article, but the quotes and comments from Roman and Kromer should put fans at ease.

I agree that one would like to see elimination of "typical" mistakes by the QBs, but overall we will know very little about the Bills' offense until "real football" is being played.

Never mind.

GO BILLS!!!

geno smith updates are usually chicken soup for the Bills fan's soul

Should be required reading for all Bills fans. Kryk still gets in his shots early in the article, but the quotes and comments from Roman and Kromer should put fans at ease.

I agree that one would like to see elimination of "typical" mistakes by the QBs, but overall we will know very little about the Bills' offense until "real football" is being played.

another article from Kryk.

Kind of funny but also made me cry a little

@JohnKryk: The best & worst from each #Bills QB Wednesday at mini-camp, w/ my pix: http://t.co/sBVZ69ziCo

Edited by YoloinOhio

you'd think it was the greatest thing.

Nah. There's nothing relevant to be gained from this media coverage.

I shudder to think how we would have perceived the Kelly-era teams this time of year if they had OTAs back in the day...

I shudder to think how we would have perceived the Kelly-era teams this time of year if they had OTAs back in the day...

We would have been ecstatic about the press coverage of amazing offensive performances.

I like the press tweets because they're the antidote to the euphoria about the QB situation.

I think we all like the internet as far as being able to get info faster and talk to people all around the country and world. Things like twobillsdrive and Bills message boards are awesome. But is anyone else starting to really hate blogs/social media?

Apart from being absolutely inundated with information these days, the internet allows for EVERYONE to have a platform to speak their mind. This seems good in theory, but to me, it's just a reminder of how dumb most people are. What I hate the most is how little credentials you now need to be a sports 'journalist.' Pre-internet, but especially pre-social media, you actually had to earn your stripes and produce good content in order to get your voice heard. Now, all you need is a cell phone and/or computer and an internet connection.

I think the fact that everyone has a platform now means we are getting less high quality content, and this is very evident in the world of sports reporting. There's also the 'shock' factor that these people go for. Because there is so much more content coming out constantly, one needs to make stories out of nothing. I think the tweeting and blogging regarding the OTAs is a great example of this.

We would have been ecstatic about the press coverage of amazing offensive performances.

I like the press tweets because they're the antidote to the euphoria about the QB situation.

Speaking for myself, I don't care if they said EJ looked like Joe Montana in OTAs/ minicamp. It really means nothing at this point. I just care about games. To make any concrete judgments one way or another before a game is played is silly. But this is the world ESPN created. We overreact to the practices before the practices.

the main theme from the reports yesterday is that the QBs looked fine in 7 on 7 but struggled with the Bills 1st team pass rush in 11 on 11. I guess this should be expected. They also had some drops and were working with WRs like Deonte Thompson. The OL is in the process of learning the new blocking scheme, includes 2 guys who have never played an NFL game, plus trying to block the best DL in the league without the benefit of pads. None of the reports really surprise me. You just want to see progress once they get to camp.

OK, so that reconciles Chris Brown and Joe B. Chris must be including good passes from 7 on 7 while Joe B is focused on 11 on 11. But you know, it would help me respect Joe B more if he would say just that up front instead of whinging about how awful our CBs were.

OK, so that reconciles Chris Brown and Joe B. Chris must be including good passes from 7 on 7 while Joe B is focused on 11 on 11. But you know, it would help me respect Joe B more if he would say just that up front instead of whinging about how awful our CBs were.

Sal talked about both and made the distinction. IMO CB can be overly spin city while Joe B can be overly snarky. I think Carucci and Sal are the most down the middle. Skurski is somewhere in between Joe and Vic. Just my take.

The problem I have with the reporting is they have no idea what the Bills are trying to work on. These aren't games, they are working on situational football.

For example Joe B was complaining that the QB's are dumping the balls off in 7 on 7's with no pass rush. Maybe they are working on dump offs? Who knows. To Joe B that's a good story, "OMFG can you believe the Bills QB's are dumping the ball off in 7 on 7's, it's a tire fire down there at OBD" "Check out my socks"

I like hearing about football in the offseason but I hate it all the same. I'd like to make my own mind up on how players are playing or how they look but for that I'll have to wait until training camp and preseason. Instead I have to settle for some reporters opinions on what they saw, who need to create controversy to generate clicks.

Sal talked about both and made the distinction. IMO CB can be overly spin city while Joe B can be overly snarky. I think Carucci and Sal are the most down the middle. Skurski is somewhere in between Joe and Vic. Just my take.

CB sort of has to be spin city, considering who writes his check, but Joe B is supposed to be a professional journalist and as such, shouldn't omit information to the point where a reader says "wait a minnut, one of you two is lyin' "

The problem I have with the reporting is they have no idea what the Bills are trying to work on. These aren't games, they are working on situational football.

That's absolutely right and a great point. Didn't Cog basically say that in his interview, that Roman (G-Ro) has a very complex offense and they're all still learning it?