Women's World Cup

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Easily the best match of the tournament so far -- lots of chances and high drama. Very proud of how well the US responded.

Still need our other ally to finish off the axis tonight.

good game they fought tough

Why is Abby still on the field? I'm 57 and sure I could move faster than she does. BUT I will credit her on the pass that lead to the kick that lead to the goal putting the US 2-0

She subbed in for Rapinoe in the 80th minute. That's the perfect amount of time for her to be out there. She can go full energy.

That sub was just to waste time. And no Press for you. She's hot but not on the field. She has plenty of time to entertain you.

The PK miss was right in front of us. Not sure the Germans around me appreciated me making choking motions at the field but I couldn't help it. Too many years of Catholic school fan behavior in me. Glad Johnston's mistake didn't result in a goal--she's been so excellent all tournament.

Holiday's accumulation opened the door for Brian, who has made ALL the difference in team chemistry. She's gold--total transformation since she's played. Makes ZERO mistakes unlike Lloyd when playing CM. Now teamed with Holiday, it's over. Morgan is off but there can't be any changes for the final. Lloyd at forward is great. HEr mistakes are less costly and she can both playmake and be aggressive.

Assuming Japan dismantles England and it's a rematch of 2011.

I still can't believe they gave away the last WC in that fashion. Japan never gave up to their credit, but the US snatched defeat from the jaws of victory that day. Even against the rich tapestry of disappointing and inexplicable outcomes that is my sport viewing history, that game manages to stand out. Its a testament.

Last night's game was awesome. They really took the game away from Germany, which I did not know was possible. Still an issue of finishing--they should have had more goals--but to hold Germany scoreless is truly impressive.

I can't believe how well that back line of Sauerbrunn, Johnston, Krieger and Klingenberg has played throughout the tournament.

Last night's game was awesome. They really took the game away from Germany, which I did not know was possible. Still an issue of finishing--they should have had more goals--but to hold Germany scoreless is truly impressive.

I can't believe how well that back line of Sauerbrunn, Johnston, Krieger and Klingenberg has played throughout the tournament.

Germany should have had more goals. I couldn't believe how many shots went anywhere but the net - that miss by Sacic was particularly unbelievable. Germany was hitting the goal last night like TRBJ hits his coworkers...

LAMP: My wife works with these women. She's the operations manager for the NWSL.

Does she get pissed off at the national team players, who seem to not care about the league.

They get all this publicity now, and then they don't capitalize on it. Last time, Hope Solo said she was injured. But, she could do Dancing with the Stars. Abby didn't play when the MagicJack played right in Rochester. But, at least she showed up for autographs.

I think the '99 team care about a pro league, but none of the current stars seem to.

MetallicPoshEthiopianwolf.gif

Gotta Love Diving! :lol:

If they start awarding PK every time an attacking player's foot gets barely stepped on, while inside the area, then they'll be giving them out basically every time an attacking player is in the area. (Based on my experience as a Forward, anyway)

I've only seen a clip on my phone. When the ball bounced back out, and the announcers weren't even sure it was a goal, was it the girl from England who kicked it back in just to be sure there was an own goal?!? I couldn't tell which one kicked it.

I've only seen a clip on my phone. When the ball bounced back out, and the announcers weren't even sure it was a goal, was it the girl from England who kicked it back in just to be sure there was an own goal?!? I couldn't tell which one kicked it.

WellmadeBitterDotterel.gif

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CI3sOBIUcAA3NRJ.mp4

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

She subbed in for Rapinoe in the 80th minute. That's the perfect amount of time for her to be out there. She can go full energy.

maybe I should have worded that better.

Why was Abby subbed in when they should have had better / faster talent on the bench to go in??

Both my wife and I think she was slow and lumbering.

Having watched it a couple of times, I really can't fault that poor English gal...if she doesn't get a foot on that ball it's right to the Japanese striker at point blank range. There was another defender coming over but you have to make the attempt to clear. She made the "right" play but her tip was merely an inch too low.