Women's World Cup

Out of bounds plays are when the longest delays (except injuries) occur. The keeper is slow to get the ball. No one clears the ball from the field. Keeper switches sides. Defender walks up for the throw in casually. Someone else decides to take the throw at the last second. All classic delaying moments in soccer. Everyone does it--it's strategy with a lead to milk those moments.

That's funny because I seem to recall players not waiting a second to throw the ball back in play.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's funny because I seem to recall players not waiting a second to throw the ball back in play.

If they can catch the opposition out of position they will, but they won't normally rush. I saw a lot of lollygagging this tourney on throw ins.

Not when they are nursing a lead at the end of a game.

Quick restarts are done in hopes of catching the other team out of position.

You are overreacting. Stop time won't change soccer one bit, other than the stalling on injuries and set plays. You can still stall all you want during play.

It'll probably change the strategy in high school games, where I've seen a lot of clock wasted after the ball had been kicked into the parking lot!

It'll probably change the strategy in high school games, where I've seen a lot of clock wasted after the ball had been kicked into the parking lot!

That's what my team knows to do. We don't dribble over and kick it out but if the situation arises and kicking it out is the right play, you kick it out into next week.

You are overreacting. Stop time won't change soccer one bit, other than the stalling on injuries and set plays. You can still stall all you want during play.

I disagree and I do not believe that I am overreacting.

There is nothing wrong with the time keeping other than say a "possession" time limit. Like you see when a goalkeeper "holds" the ball for an extended amount of time and as seen she got a Yellow Card for it.

How many "falls" do you see players take when trying to fake a penalty?

If the clock stopped every time this happened the game would last over 3 hours. So I highly doubt they will change clock management.

Also as I said - The World Cup is not your average tourney game where some teams would be more than happy to pull a draw. When this happens you get BORING games and that is why soccer is not that popular.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever