Bills' Organized Team Activities Week 3: June 8-11

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was watching the Memorial tournament yesterday on the plane home from Vegas...Nantz asked Jack Nicklaus about being a Miami Dolphins' season ticket holder but having a little more interest in Buffalo now that O'Leary was drafted and Jack said something like, "yes, Nick was just here yesterday but is headed back to Buffalo for practice tomorrow" and agreed he'll be looking at the AFC East a little bit differently this year. Made a couple of more comments about what a "fine young man" Nick is and they got back to golf.

Nothing earth shattering...was just fun hearing some Bills talk from an unexpected source.

Was watching the Memorial tournament yesterday on the plane home from Vegas...Nantz asked Jack Nicklaus about being a Miami Dolphins' season ticket holder but having a little more interest in Buffalo now that O'Leary was drafted and Jack said something like, "yes, Nick was just here yesterday but is headed back to Buffalo for practice tomorrow" and agreed he'll be looking at the AFC East a little bit differently this year. Made a couple of more comments about what a "fine young man" Nick is and they got back to golf.

Nothing earth shattering...was just fun hearing some Bills talk from an unexpected source.

I heard that too. He has a legit reason to have divided loyalties now.

I wonder if Dareus will be there today.

He was at the airport at 4:00 a.m. this morning checking in for a flight, though he was with his girl and had only one large bag, so it's possible that he was just seeing her off.

Mario tweeted that his flight was cancelled (I assume from his other home in Houston) and he was planning to drive 1500 miles to get back. Where's air Pegula when you need it? Lol

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Pegula's call. He doesn't seem to like the local media. Which I think is great.

Could be either Rex or TP, or both. In any case, unfettered access by the media at this stage would be counterproductive. They report every little detail they see without any understanding of why they are seeing it, what the coaches are trying to accomplish, or what the coaches actually are seeing. Hugely distracting I would think.

On the TP side, the BN has been adversarial with respect to their hockey columnists. I remember he approached them actually Day 1 of his ownership and they had a meeting where TP asked them to take a more positive approach in covering the team and they instead dug their heals in. I do not believe he is any fan of the BN, but I suspect this has more to do with minimizing distractions at this very early stage of player evaluation and teaching.

Could be either Rex or TP, or both. In any case, unfettered access by the media at this stage would be counterproductive. They report every little detail they see without any understanding of why they are seeing it, what the coaches are trying to accomplish, or what the coaches actually are seeing. Hugely distracting I would think.

On the TP side, the BN has been adversarial with respect to their hockey columnists. I remember he approached them actually Day 1 of his ownership and they had a meeting where TP asked them to take a more positive approach in covering the team and they instead dug their heals in. I do not believe he is any fan of the BN, but I suspect this has more to do with minimizing distractions at this very early stage of player evaluation and teaching.

To be fair, Gleason is a troll that makes Sully look like a Pollyanna ray of sunshine.

To be fair, Gleason is a troll that makes Sully look like a Pollyanna ray of sunshine.

And disrespectful as hell. Gleason's the one who suggested Kim Pegula shouldn't be in hockey meetings.

And disrespectful as hell. Gleason's the one who suggested Kim Pegula shouldn't be in hockey meetings.

Yeah. I know Gleason does mostly hockey, but I never feel like he knows anything about football.

While Sully is negative, I walk away with a dark voice whispering "He may have a point"

Never with Gleason. I can see being instantly turned off the BN sports journalists by encountering him.

Yeah. I know Gleason does mostly hockey, but I never feel like he knows anything about football.

While Sully is negative, I walk away with a dark voice whispering "He may have a point"

Never with Gleason. I can see being instantly turned off the BN sports journalists by encountering him.

he doesn't know anything about hockey either.

Bucky does nothing but trolls. He hardly ever offers a positive when it comes to the sabres (or Bills for that matter). Sully, for as much as most hate him, usually offers an unbiased opinion (granted it's usually not a favorable one to fans because the team has been what it is for so long).