Eric Moulds to restructure

Thailog80

The guy obviously loves being a Buffalo Bill. That means something to me.

234304[/snapback]

moulds to be EXTENDED.........defanitely different then being restructured........

anyway, it's not like the guy is taking a pay cut.......like the article says, he will receive "just as much money" this year, possibly more.......it's just going to hit the cap differently........

good news indeed. One would hope that this gives the Bills adequate space to sign Jennings and Williams.

In FA, it would be great if the Bills can pick up one more offensive lineman.

The DB situation still sits there: If they keep him, then we know where we stand but if they cut him then the Bills will need a backup (or competitor!) to JP.

moulds to be EXTENDED.........defanitely different then being restructured........

anyway, it's not like the guy is taking a pay cut.......like the article says, he will receive "just as much money" this year, possibly more.......it's just going to hit the cap differently........

234326[/snapback]

True but he still wants to be here.

True but he still wants to be here.

234330[/snapback]

If I was a rich and famous athlete, and had my choice (just by city atmosphere) of Buffalo or say L.A., Miami, Jax, Tampa, NYG/NYJ, etc... I would be hard pressed to stay in Buffalo.

This does indeed show alot from Moulds. Good for him.

If I was a rich and famous athlete, and had my choice (just by city atmosphere) of Buffalo or say L.A., Miami, Jax, Tampa, NYG/NYJ, etc... I would be hard pressed to stay in Buffalo.

I think Chad Pennington may disagree with you. :lol:

CW

PS: download the manual for your router!

I think Chad Pennington may disagree with you. :lol:

CW

PS: download the manual for your router!

234348[/snapback]

haha - I called the company that made it. They had me hard wire the laptop to the router, and it basically set itself up for wireless.. thanks!

22nd in yards maybe, but he made a bunch of big 3rd down catches. Was it his best year...no. But from my #1, soon to be #2 WR, damn fine.

We MUST resign PW. Hopefully JJ as well, but we HAVE to keep the run stuffing tandem together. With either DB or JP, our D's margin for error is razor thin and we can't slip at all.

I meant regarding WEP...

CW

234372[/snapback]

I know we'll get yelled at for not PMing this, so I will of course not PM it:

No, they guy told me to actually wire the laptop to the router. Then he sent me to this website. It set everything up, including WEP. I picked a password, and voila.

234326[/snapback]

Tomato...tomahto...the result is the same; more money under the cap for this year. Good for you Eric. Now there's a jersey I can still wear.

I love how having a "down" year is having 88 catches and being one of the top ten WRs in the NFL. I hope he has three or four more "down" years like that!

If you actually watch other WR around the league and don't just focus on the Bills you will appreciate Moulds much better. He is the best receiver in the AFC East and makes a great combo with Evans.

Finally some Bills news. And good Bills news at that. Glad to hear that Moulds will be around much longer, and that we have more cap room

Now it's Drew's turn, let's see what happens.

I know we have to re-sign Pat and JJ, but personally right now I wish they could find some way to extend Nate Clements' contract. Would'nt it be great if they could lock him up for 6 more years now, instead of having to wait until the end of next season?

I really hope the JP, Moulds, and Evans (Reed can be there too. ;) ) start throwing in the offseason and getting their timing down.

I was very impressed with Harrison and Manning going out a couple of hours before pregame and running some routes.

JP, Moulds and Evans need to have the mindset that they will be playing the rest of their careers together and they all need to be on the same page.

Why are we so grateful to Eric over this?  He'll likely make just as much money as before, but instead of having to account for it now, the Bills will have to account for it later.  Now if his extension involved paying him LESS money overall than he would have made, I'll say "thank you Eric."

234489[/snapback]

I understand your point, but the reality is, I am thanking Eric for wanting to remain a Buffalo Bill and not trying to make his mark somewhere else al a Winfield or Price. It shows confidence in the team and organization, sends the message that "I like where this team is headed" and sets the tempo for other player negotiations.

That's worthy of a heartfelt thank you.

I understand your point, but the reality is, I am thanking Eric for wanting to remain a Buffalo Bill and not trying to make his mark somewhere else al a Winfield or Price. It shows confidence in the team and organization, sends the message that "I like where this team is headed" and sets the tempo for other player negotiations.

The difference is that Eric isn't an UFA like Price and Winfield, and Eric got paid pretty well. I just hope TD isn't going down the same route Butler did and that the Bills get a pay cut, if even modest, out of Eric.

That's worthy of a heartfelt thank you.

I praised him highly when he signed his long-term deal a few years back that was below market value for him. Or at least I THOUGHT it was below market value (I didn't have any proof of that, i.e. other teams' offers).

The difference is that Eric isn't an UFA like Price and Winfield, and Eric got paid pretty well.  I just hope TD isn't going down the same route Butler did and that the Bills get a pay cut, if even modest, out of Eric.

234540[/snapback]

Umm..when in the last 5 years has TD overpayed for anybody?

Ok, can everyone please change their shorts already...let me make a few points that seem to have been lost in the sauce...

(1) This is the same Eric Moulds who at one point in the season did NOT want to be a part of the organization anymore. We seem to have forgot that. Most of this board was telling him to get the heck out of town a few months back.

(2) If the team were to simply allow the current contract to run out, Moulds would be 33/34 at the end of the current contract. Bottom line is that he would not be getting huge $$$ in the open market at that stage in his career. It makes sense for him to extend the current contract now and squeeze a few more dollars out of Ralph's wallet before his skills will not match his salary. It is a good move by Moulds as much as it is a good move by the organization.

I don't want these two issues to appear that I am anti-Moulds. I have said it for years that I believe he is the strongest WR in the game. If you watch him in one-on-one matchups with DBs, he will toss some of them aside with ease. He is in the top dozen in the league as a WR and the team is lucky to have him. I am as excited about this move as most of you are as I think it represents TD's first critical move of the offseason...but before we go nominating Moulds to be a saint, let's just look at some of the other issues involved!

Ok, now feel free to go ahead and flame me.

The difference is that Eric isn't an UFA like Price and Winfield, and Eric got paid pretty well.  I just hope TD isn't going down the same route Butler did and that the Bills get a pay cut, if even modest, out of Eric.

I praised him highly when he signed his long-term deal a few years back that was below market value for him.  Or at least I THOUGHT it was below market value (I didn't have any proof of that, i.e. other teams' offers).

234540[/snapback]

No question I am a fan of Moulds and have always appreciated how he has handled himself, despite sporadic comments that are probably a result of negotiating. (Anyone remember Jimbo saying crap about Buffalo when the Bills were working on his contract?)

If there was one area in which I'd like to see Moulds improve, it's in his following all the way through on the play and stop calling for the flag half way through the pass. The flag is either coming out or it's not. Making that move is stupid.

Good to hear.  I know Moulds had a bit of a down year last year, but hopefully he will rebound and be rejuvanated this year if the Bills have a new starting QB! ;)

234311[/snapback]

88 catches is not a down year people

234326[/snapback]

I for one am happy it is an extension. I want to keep him in Buffalo untill he retires.