The press speculates on EJ's future

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rex stated exactly what will happen. The team is in a win now mode and he is going with the guy that will win now and he will not start someone who can "develop". QBs rankings right now are 1) Cassel 2) Taylor 3) EJ.

EJ is now battling Sims for the number 3 spot. He was guaranteed to beat out Tuel. I'm not so sure about Sims....

I think Rex stated exactly what will happen. The team is in a win now mode and he is going with the guy that will win now and he will not start someone who can "develop". QBs rankings right now are 1) Cassel 2) Taylor 3) EJ.

EJ is now battling Sims for the number 3 spot. He was guaranteed to beat out Tuel. I'm not so sure about Sims....

:lol:

SMH

AFCE

Could see Pats as a way to add depth and competition behind Bradys approaching exit. Also as a tacit endorsement they dont respect bills capability to develop talent. Dont see jets or fins wanting him.

AFCN

Could see steelers taking him to backup Ben. Like Ben he's a big guy that can hang in there in the pocket. Just not as accurate. Ravens too to replace Taylor. And of course Cleveland, where many 1st round cast offs make a stop.

AFCS

Maybe Colts for cheap insurance behind Luck, but the others like Titans and Jags no as they won't want any controversy behind their new young guns. Texans maybe , depends what they think of Mallett and not wanting to upset the balance.

AFCW

Chargers and Chiefs maybe for depth behind vets. Raiders no, not wanting to upset situation with Carr, Denver no, not seeing him fit into Kubiaks system.

NFCE

Giants not with Nassib. Skins perhaps, kind of like Cleveland, lot of cast offs flow thru there. Cowboys maybe for depth. Eagles no, not accurate enough and they already have a full roster.

NFCN

Bears would be one of my top candidates. Cheap way to take a flyer on replacing that high priced bust Cutler. Also could fit well on their roster. Vikings no, not with Teddy. Packers no, they like homegrown. Lions no, not accurate enough to spell Stafford.

NFCS

Panthers could be another good spot, as EJ is kind of a "Cam light". Big guy that can move but not accurate. Saints no as they just drafted Brees heir. Bucs no, after just drafting Winston. Atl maybe, but I think his lack of accuracy will hurt his chances behind Ryan.

NFCW

9ers maybe if the new regime wants to part with Gabbert. Also he's friends with Kap, and could be considered "Kap-light". Seahawks maybe as they look for value, and like Pats make a tacit endorsement Bills cant develop talent (see Beast mode). Cards definitely as they always seem to need more bodies at QB. Same for Rams

dude it's you saying who could trade for ej, which means nothing, unless you have a real source quit making stuff up.

great read thanks :thumbsup:

This but ej is second and Tuel is gone.

dude it's you saying who could trade for ej, which means nothing, unless you have a real source quit making stuff up.

Yeah because it's a highly unlikely a new regime would trade away a QB whom they have no ties too, especially after signing 3 from the outside, whom they've made clear EJ has no advantage over any of them. <_<

And a team that traded the DRoY runner up from the same class as EJ, is of course not interested in trading picks from that class. :huh:

And of course no other team would trade for EJ, in spite of the fact that other recent 1st round disappointment Gabbert, Brady Quinn, and Jason Campbell were all traded by the team that drafted them. :blink:

Edited by JTSP

I'm sorry... But if these playoff teams that you list would want him enough to trade for him... Why would we trade him

The guys on Sirius seemed to think, in this hypothetical, that we would be content with the 3 guys we brought in this offseason and an extra pick next year (possibly more ammo to move up if things go sour). They also speculated that the team trading for him would see him as an upgrade to their backup and he's still on his rookie contract, so he comes a bit cheaper cash-wise. They specifically mentioned Chicago (Clausen) and NY Giants (Nassib).

The guys on Sirius seemed to think, in this hypothetical, that we would be content with the 3 guys we brought in this offseason and an extra pick next year (possibly more ammo to move up if things go sour). They also speculated that the team trading for him would see him as an upgrade to their backup and he's still on his rookie contract, so he comes a bit cheaper cash-wise. They specifically mentioned Chicago (Clausen) and NY Giants (Nassib).

That's why this whole thing is so illogical. Any NFL team that hopes to contend needs 2 QB, and they would prefer them to be 2 QB who have shown the ability to play. Luck and Hasselbeck. Tannehill and Moore. There are a few teams where the QB is so eminent (and durable) that the backup doesn't really seem to matter, but that ain't us. Under this whole "kick EJ to the curb" scenario, the Bills are going to hold a fire sale (late round pick) on a former 1st round draft choice in his 13 year, because they are in "win now" mode and want to contend. OK. But that means replacing EJM, who has 14 games saying he can play in the NFL at a level similar to a number of young QB, with two guys who have yet to show they can play in the NFL (Taylor and Simms). So to be in Win-Now mode, we're supposed to do something that makes no sense for a contending team.

Trading EJ is a last resort type move that, IMO, would only happen if he's beaten out by the other 2 in TC, in which case they'll try to deal him to a team that needs a backup with experience for a conditional pick.

Having said that, I'll once again point out that he's one of only 2 QBs on the roster that has started multiple games in multiple seasons, and has shown--in the absolute least--that he can play at an NFL level for stretches.

Edited by thebandit27