Rex Welcomes Coach Bylsma

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live here in WNY, and maybe having a memory lapse, but I don't remember this at all. Please explain?

they were always trying to upstage each other - they were in competition for attention, it seemed. There was some rumor of discord between the two organizations.

It's funny how people act like a hockey coach really matters. Give him the garbage the Sabres had last year, they will suck. Give him Malkin and Crisby, he will be good.

But Rex is a great ambassador. He better win or people will turn him quick though. That's how fickle fans are.

Agreed. Bylsma, not so much. He -like Eichel- was our 2nd choice. We brazenly Tank an entire 81 game season just to be distant bridesmaids..

At least we have Rex.

the Tank was actually for the lock of getting Eichel. McDavid was a lottery ticket that came with the tank.

they were always trying to upstage each other - they were in competition for attention, it seemed. There was some rumor of discord between the two organizations.

I don't remember this either Yolo. And as big as hockey is in WNY, it would be nothing compared to if the bills ever make the playoffs.

Agreed. Bylsma, not so much. He -like Eichel- was our 2nd choice. We brazenly Tank an entire 81 game season just to be distant bridesmaids..

At least we have Rex.

Not the right way to look at it. The tank was to guarantee one of McDavid or Eichel. Eichel is going to be great!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Not the right way to look at it. The tank was to guarantee one of McDavid or Eichel. Eichel is going to be great

I still hated every second of the tank. Rooting for your team to lose is the exact opposite of what sports should be. Thank god it's over. Hopefully the ghost of Ted Nolan doesn't haunt the Sabres.

Thanks to the Pegula's we get to have nice things now.

I sit back today and ponder the coaching landscape in Buffalo over the last six months.

We have gone from Marrone and Nolan to Ryan and Bylsma. Think about that for a minute.

Now, after the realization that we have two of the most sought after coaches in their respective sport, say a tiny prayer of thanks that the Pegulas figured out how to frak!

At least we have Rex.

No, we brazenly tanked an 82 game season.

Eichel doesn't make us a distant bridesmaid. He's going to make us a long term contender in due course.

Hang in there.

I still hated every second of the tank. Rooting for your team to lose is the exact opposite of what sports should be. Thank god it's over. Hopefully the ghost of Ted Nolan doesn't haunt the Sabres.

I hope we never have to go through that again. These past two seasons of perversion were torture. :sick:

But Rex is a great ambassador. He better win or people will turn him quick though.

Starting with this place. If we start 0-2, there will be some ready to burn the Ralph and TBD's servers to the ground.