If the Bills had Rodgers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the BILLS had Rogers they'd have to pay him. Say goodbye to Hughes and the majority of the rest of the offseason acquisitions.

You want shiny new toys, or a shiny new trophy/ring??? It's a no-brainer...I'd much rather add Rodgers to last year's team, than every free agent we added this offseason...in a heartbeat, without a doubt.

Edited by Bubbles from Sunnyvale

Hmmm... I feel this is the same as several other threads.... "we have killer talent except the QB position, if we had (player X) we could win it all!!"

If, if, if.... How about IF one of our current QBs produces, maybe we can still win...

+1

Bills' 2015 QB is already on the roster and I'm ok with that because the competition at the position is very good - they'll all make each other better because they each could arguably win the the starting job. I know it's been said that we just need the QB to be halfway decent, but it wouldn't surprise me if we get a lot more than just halfway decent play from the eventual starting QB.

With this squad of receivers he would kill it. We would have a damn good shot at winning the whole thing. Brady likewise. Rivers and Luck and P Manning would round out my dream list, but Manning could get killed with this O-line.

You can pretty much say 14-2 and super bowl champions. Still I predict 11-5 this year. I think we should give you our 5th round draft choice Hundley to be your starter.

Just think if we didn't trade for Losman we would have Rodgers :doh::angry:

If the BILLS had Rogers they'd have to pay him. Say goodbye to Hughes and the majority of the rest of the offseason acquisitions.

so

As bad as your O line was the Packers never sacked Orton in our game last season.

Orton was pretty good at getting rid of the ball quickly or throwing it away if he felt the pressure. He had the instincts if a journeyman vet for that. He made some bad throws and was lucky to have Woods and Sammy bail him out with a great catch.

Teams winning super bowls recently don't have the super star QB who is paid bazzillions. Brady even took a pay cut to get his team better and not since the Saints with Brees has a top 3 in the league won the super bowl. Brady wasn't even near a top 5 NFL QB.

Brees and P Manning are the only top tier, best of the best QB's to have won a super bowl in the last 10 years. QB's help but the them is more important.

Don't tease me like that. But seriously...if only. Russell Wilson burns the most because it almost seemed like an obvious 3rd round pick for us at the time and we'd be sitting pretty.

Not so sure about that. Some QBs have it, and will have it, no matter what situation they go to, but most QBs have to grow in the right system. I don't think we would have developed Wilson effectively.

Teams winning super bowls recently don't have the super star QB who is paid bazzillions. Brady even took a pay cut to get his team better and not since the Saints with Brees has a top 3 in the league won the super bowl. Brady wasn't even near a top 5 NFL QB.

Brees and P Manning are the only top tier, best of the best QB's to have won a super bowl in the last 10 years. QB's help but the them is more important.

lol...what?!?

I wonder who your top tier list includes if brady, rodgers, roethlisberger aren't on it

This. What we lack in skill in the QB position also means we haven't tied up a third of the cap to the QB.

I think he is a great pick. We need a backup in the worst way in case Rodgers goes down. Flynn is a terrible backup. Hundley could learn from Rodgers and who knows he could be our next star quarterback or the Bills next star quarterback!

I liked Hundley coming out of UCLA but the one thing that scares me with him is that something like 90% of his passes that he threw last year only traveled 10 yards or less. He is the defination of a dink & dunk passer. Far different from Rodgers. Maybe he could learn how to get the ball downfield playing behind Rodgers.

2 of our better players or you could hack away at a few mid tier guys.

Cassel, Chris Williams, Lawson and Percy for instance would go a long way to working it out.

Or just Hughes and clay would get you a pretty long way.

My first thought was exactly what Alaska's was, but it is closer than I thought. Rogers has a cap hit of $18.25M this season and $19.25M next. It would mean more than Hughes ($6.175M in 2015, $7.575 in 2016) and Clay ($5.0M in 2015, $13M in 2016). They'd be covered in 2016, but would need to find some room in 2015.

Numbers from OTC.

Additional note: I still can't believe the freaking contract the Bills gave Clay. Looking at it makes my head want to explode. It's insane.

Edited by BarleyNY

The sad thing is we traded away our 2005 first round pick in the Losman draft the previous year. If we hadn't pulled the trigger on JP we'd have had a shot at Rodgers the following year.

Instead we took Roscoe in the 2nd and a mess of other picks that never made it to a second contract in Buffalo. The worst draft I can ever remember.

The other thing thats interesting about the Aaron draft is that right after SF took Alex Smith with the first pick ( surprising some people because Rodgers grew up a niners fan in northern Cali and was rated by some to be as good as Smith), but the next THREE picks were all running backs. Oh how the league has changed. (Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams)

There will never be another draft like that one with 3 of the top 4 being runners. Unbelievable.