Bob Kraft = Donald Sterling Neither Good For Sports

I think Kraft is worse than sterling. What his team does affects the actual integrity of the game play. What sterling did (as wrong as it was) had no effect on the game.

Interesting take and I can't disagree with that!

What would happen if the NFL does not reduce the suspension or other penalties and the Patriots refuse to accept the penalties? Could a team really get banned from the league? The patriots would still be a team, but they would have no league to play in.

Also, I wanted to throw this out there... I think there is a chance that Brady et. al. have not been more cooperative because there is more bad stuff that is hiding in their closet. And a full blown investigation that leaves no rock un-turned would actually result in a more severe punishment, such as a possible banishment of the team from the league.

The first part is just silly.

The 2nd part makes a lot of sense.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bigotry is different than tarnishing the integrity of one's sport. i am not stating anything that is startling, but historically there have been bigots, drunkards, you name it, owning sport franchises.none of those issues impacted the outcome , or perceived, outcome of the game. i think kraft is entering dangerous waters with him being such a richard about the whole thing. sterling will just fade away

Forcing Kraft out of the league because balls were under inflated , which, let's be honest here, he probably didn't know about himself ...Yep, some of you have officially gone mad ! Step away from the ledge !

What if I told you it had nothing to do with Deflategate, and everything to do with an owner publicly criticizing the league?

What if I told you it had nothing to do with Deflategate, and everything to do with an owner publicly criticizing the league?

I know it won't be popular here, but I think Kraft has a LOT of friends amongst owners. He was widely praised for being instrumental in settling the labor dispute. They are making tons of $ thanks to this. They love their $ more than anything else.

Edited by Jets Hater

I think it’s a poor comparison, but the level of impact is right up there. Kraft and the Patriots have cheated and got away with it for so long they actually feel entitled to the rules not applying to them. They’re actually mad that they're getting punished after getting caught again. How successful would the NFL be 5 years from now if fans truly started to think that the game is fixed for the star QB teams to win? Helping them out big time by turning away from their cheating and also with favorable calls? The NFL would not be the multi billion dollar insanely successful business without credibility. The fact that NFL owner Robert Kraft thinks he can insult America’s intelligence like this and get away with it is simply astounding in it’s arrogance.

The younger generations will find other things to do and watch than a fixed NFL league. They have X Games, MMA fighting, NBA, video games, on demand mobile device entertainment and on and on and on…
Robert Kraft is also sick in the head (in a much different way), given that he’s now insulting the entire nation he really should be shown the door by the other NFL owners. Either that or a very public and heartfelt apology is in order. I'm pretty shocked at what the Patriots are doing.

I know quite a few conspiracy theorists already. We talk about it on occasion how some things just seem to "work out" a certain way in some of these games.

If something is not done the game is as good as destroyed. ANy measure of cheating in any sport shoudl come with the harshest of all punishments IMO. Without the integrity of the game you got nothing... and only fools would continue to support

If something is not done the game is as good as destroyed. ANy measure of cheating in any sport shoudl come with the harshest of all punishments IMO. Without the integrity of the game you got nothing... and only fools would continue to support

There's been quite a few scandal in the last 20 years and the league is as popular as ever ! Once September comes around, the general public doesn't care about the scandals and watches the games.

Edited by Jets Hater

There's been quite a few scandal in the last 20 years and the league is as popular as ever ! Once September comes around, the general public doesn't care about the scandals and watches the games.

the scandals , as i recall, correct me if im wrong, did not involve the integrity of the game, which this does.

the scandals , as i recall, correct me if im wrong, did not involve the integrity of the game, which this does.

Spygate, Textgate, Noisegate, Salary cap infraction, Stick'em gate......All game integrity.

Edited by Jets Hater

Krafts and Brady should get lifetime ban. The franchise should be sold and moved to Oklahoma City. Gillette stadium should be torn down and the earth where it stood shall be salted so nothing ever grows there.

bigotry is different than tarnishing the integrity of one's sport. i am not stating anything that is startling, but historically there have been bigots, drunkards, you name it, owning sport franchises.none of those issues impacted the outcome , or perceived, outcome of the game. i think kraft is entering dangerous waters with him being such a richard about the whole thing. sterling will just fade away

That's the shocking part. They are doing real damage to the league with their petulant attitude. If I was one of the other owners I'd be pretty pissed and would be telling Kraft to STFU and take his punishment.

i know and totally agree .. but like you said, the integrity of the game .. this is different.. i just meant that past scandals didnt affect the fandom much.. but this.. certainly is cause for concern

That's the shocking part. They are doing real damage to the league with their petulant attitude. If I was one of the other owners I'd be pretty pissed and would be telling Kraft to STFU and take his punishment.

yea, kraft could do some real damage if he plays hardball

Edited by dwight in philly

So deflating some balls a few PSI or spygate are on the same level as saying that you don't want your girlfriend (mistress or whatever) to hang out with black people or have her seen with black people at the Clippers games? I'm sorry, but I put blatant racism over a bit of cheating for a competitive edge any day of the week. The Patriots are trying to win however they can, they got caught and handed a pretty good punishment by most accounts. What Sterling did is on a whole different level of disgusting IMO and the two are not even comparable.

Really it's called racism if you say it in the privacy of your own home. That whole thing was BS. It's called freedom of speech not racism.

Instead of having 10 yard chains, let's use 9 yard chains for when we have the ball, and 11 yard chains for when the Pats** have the ball.

Hell, let's make it a League-wide rule.

No you wouldn't (and none have, you notice). Every owner knows things about their own team and other teams. Kraft knows where the bodies are buried. The owners don't want some deeper investigation. They understand this is all theater, entertainment, with everyone playing their part. They know this is "part of the game". When they get together, they close the doors and get to the business of making money.