Sammy Hookah

Hookah pipes you can smoke flavored tobacco out of it, in fact there are many bars and lounges that will sell it to you like that as it makes for a good smoke. It's more than likely it's that. Even if it's weed who gives a **** as long as he isn't driving.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO very stupid. I've read that's it's just as bad if not worse than cigarette smoking. Does that sound good for a WR to be doing or any athlete for that matter?

Hes been hangin with McKelvin LOL

No it didn't. The early posts here were suggesting Sammy was smoking pot and that's somehow bad.

My point was that you'd be amazed at how many guys in the NFL, despite being elite athletes who rely on well developed cardio-vascular systems for a living, smoke pot.

And for the record, a hookah does not look anything like a water bong or anything close to it.

In this case, its definitely bad. Players get suspended for smoking weed. I personally have no issues with weed, but we're not the NFL. And even if he's not smoking weed, it looks like he might be, and the old crusty guys are definitely going to be ordered up a random drug test on Sammy. He was dumb to bring that attention on himself.

Hookah pipes you can smoke flavored tobacco out of it, in fact there are many bars and lounges that will sell it to you like that as it makes for a good smoke. It's more than likely it's that. Even if it's weed who gives a **** as long as he isn't driving.

The guy's been busted for weed before. This brings attention to him, and possibly a drug test from the NFL to make SURE it's not weed. That's why we should give a ****. On the chance that smoked a little weed lately, this hookah post could trigger some testing events that could result in discipline. Edited by BuffaloATL

What would the reaction be if he posted a picture holding a beer?

I commented this to someone who called out Sammy on FB for setting a bad example for kids. It's kind of funny because Jack Eichel had a clip put out on social media of him clearly drunk and downing another beer and saying "I'm coming for you, Buffalo!" Eichel is 18, or maybe recently turned 19. Haven't heard much if anything about that, though hockey is obviously not as popular mainstream as the NFL. But Sammy is 22 I believe, so he can legally smoke tobacco and drink beer and it shouldn't be a big deal. The people who think this sets a bad example for kids are the ones who don't realize how perceptive children are and likely view them as somewhat mindless sponges that don't have the ability to think for themselves.

Let's not turn this into Hookahgate.

Edited by ko12010

I commented this to someone who called out Sammy on FB for setting a bad example for kids. It's kind of funny because Jack Eichel had a clip put out on social media of him clearly drunk and downing another beer and saying "I'm coming for you, Buffalo!" Eichel is 18, or maybe recently turned 19. Haven't heard much if anything about that, though hockey is obviously not as popular mainstream as the NFL. But Sammy is 22 I believe, so he can legally smoke tobacco and drink beer and it shouldn't be a big deal. The people who think this sets a bad example for kids are the ones who don't realize how perceptive children are and likely view them as somewhat mindless sponges that don't have the ability to think for themselves.

Let's not turn this into Hookahgate.

Isn't this off topic? I thought this was a Bills board, not a Sabres board.

Kidding. It's a fair point. FWIW, the Eichel video is a problem too. I'm guessing there were plenty of people who thought it sent the wrong message.

I guess I'm just old. I think smoking of any kind is bad for people, and I hate to see someone that is looked up to glorifying unhealthy behavior.

And, I have two young kids, so I know they can think on their own. If they saw this video, they would think he was doing drugs because young kids clearly won't be able to tell the difference between a legal hookah hit and a marijuana hookah/bong. One of the kids owns a Sammy Watkins jersey, so yeah, it sends the wrong message.

Edited by BuffaloATL

BuffaAtl, I agree with you in the sense that it was pointless and a bit dumb to post this on social media. We can't forget that he is young. That doesn't necessarily excuse stupid behavior, but it does explain the obsession young people have with posting everything on FB or twitter or whatever. That is what and clearly some others think is stupid. I don't think an occasional hookah session w some buddies is going to in anyway affect Sammy's lung capacity and his athletic ability. And I don't think kids aren't able to grasp the concept of legal and illegal activities and at what ages these things change distinction. In my opinion that's an old fashioned way of viewing children.

I respect your opinion on how you view and raise your children. This Sammy video only strengthens my disdain for social media, however, and nothing else.

Also, not that Sammy was smoking marijuana, but there was a study done in which a man of average health smoked one joint a day for 10 years. At the start of the study and at the end, his lung capacity hadn't changed and his health was still generally the same. Honestly, tobacco smoking (even if it's not wrapped up in a chemical cocktail as are cigarettes) is probably worse. I can't cite any research off the top of my head but I think it has more affect on the body than anything Mary Jane can do.

Edited by ko12010

Gronk sets a bad example on a daily basis by being generally wasted in his photos and videos and saying he hasn't read a book since 9th grade. But everyone thinks he's hilarious.

I don't see the issue here, sorry. He's doing nothing wrong. Most young people post everything on social media. He's a 21 year old and didn't think anyone wouldn't know what it was, since it's very common. He probably will think twice next time about posting if he gets negative reaction.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Gronk sets a bad example on a daily basis by being generally wasted in his photos and videos and saying he hasn't read a book since 9th grade. But everyone thinks hes hilarious.

Yea but he's not smoking in those pictures/videos.

Kidding aside, the social media aspect is really what drives this. Everything is available to everyone with a click. If he never posted it, which I agree is immature, no one would know.

Edited by The Wiz