Sammy Hookah

Even if there's technically nothing illegal or illicit about it, for the life of me I don't understand why you would post this on social media for the world to see. There is nothing positive to be gained from it, and you'd have to really lacking to not realize some people might view it in a less than positive light (no pun intended)

Edited by stevewin

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if there's technically nothing illegal or illicit about it, for the life of me I don't understand why you would post this on social media for the world to see. There is nothing positive to be gained from it, and you'd have to really lacking to not realize some people might view it in a less than positive light (no pun intended)

Exactly. Of course a video of an athlete smoking something, regardless of what it is, isn't going to go over well.

Even if there's technically nothing illegal or illicit about it, for the life of me I don't understand why you would post this on social media for the world to see. There is nothing positive to be gained from it, and you'd have to really lacking to think some might view it in a less than positive light (no pun intended)

Well smoking a hookah with scented tobacco in it is a rather common thing in large parts of the world, and illegal in none that I know of. So there's that.

Regarding some perception this may create that Sammy is not living the most healthy lifestyle for a professional athlete, well, that is another story.

May I humbly suggest Sammy is, first and foremost, not that bright.

Secondly, may I suggest his mentality is such that he didn't even think of the possible implications of the posting?

Slow down, let's not worry about anything, ever. Anything goes should work, right?

What the fricken point of worrying? Does worrying about Sammy personal life change it? It just changes yours.

He will make good decisions or risk losing everything. That's life. Even if it weren't tobacco, better that than driving around hammered shooting up nightclubs or beating up girls or deflating things....

Have you ever smoked a flavored tobacco hookah? It's very relaxing. Glad he's kicking back in a responsible way in the offseason.

If he had positive tests or arrests on his record I'd be the first to agree that it was dumb.

As is, I think we have some real paranoid guys worrying about nothing.

your response implied that someone was saying we need to get rid of players that smoke.

So nobody in the "no big deal" camp thinks this sends the wrong message to kids?

https://instagram.com/p/2rtlp-I21d/

No it didn't. The early posts here were suggesting Sammy was smoking pot and that's somehow bad.

My point was that you'd be amazed at how many guys in the NFL, despite being elite athletes who rely on well developed cardio-vascular systems for a living, smoke pot.

And for the record, a hookah does not look anything like a water bong or anything close to it.

How is this any different than orton's post game cigar, for which he became a folk hero on this board?

I think the contention is that Sammy is an athlete... :D

Seriously, this is a big deal, how?

I'm in my 30's. And I've actually tried it. It's fine. It's the perception of what he's doing, not the reality of it, that concerns me. (It looks like a weed bong incase that wasn't clear about my opinion)

Lol

The only people who would have a negative perception of it are older people who don't know any better. As you know, hookah lounges are everywhere. I don't think what people perceive matters. The guy is in his house, doing something that is very legal, and fairly popular. No different than if he had a drink in his hand sitting on his couch. In fact, alcohol, to me, is worse than most other drugs.

Your right! I forgot. Dumb on his part. Still not a huge deal, but dumb.

Maybe he smokes hookah to keep from smoking weed (which I don't think is a big deal either, but that's a different discussion), which would make it fairly intelligent.

The only people who would have a negative perception of it are older people who don't know any better. As you know, hookah lounges are everywhere. I don't think what people perceive matters. The guy is in his house, doing something that is very legal, and fairly popular. No different than if he had a drink in his hand sitting on his couch. In fact, alcohol, to me, is worse than most other drugs.

Maybe he smokes hookah to keep from smoking weed (which I don't think is a big deal either, but that's a different discussion), which would make it fairly intelligent.

I don't care if he smokes hookah. Go forth and have fun, Sammy. The only dumb sentiment was with his drug incident not that long ago, it probably opened him up to questions being slightly more justified. Not that they matter. I'm the last one to point to as turning it into something though.

It really doesn't bother me as a one off thing, but smoking a hookah is the gateway drug to deflating.

Sucking in, exhaling, letting air out.

Thanks. Thats's the most interesting comment I've read in this thread so far...