Fred ain't Dead

1. I don't see anyone that wants Fred to be cut

2. You brought up Goodwin and Rodgers; who's obsessed?

1) You don't? Either you have not read this thread (multiple people have said something to the effect of "cut him now") or you have a very active ignore list. A guy with 10 posts said "Cut him" just 30 minutes before you posted.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That stat sheet guys also overlook the fact that Fred was almost always good for 2-3 yds on first down to set up manageable conversions where Spiller was setting up 2nd and 12.

oddly, spiller averaged 5.6 per carry on 1st downs, with freddy at 3.8. take out spillers longest first down run (50+) and hes still 4.6 per carry on first.

i was surprised how effective we were on 1sts compared to the AWFUL stats on 2nd. spiller dropped to 1.3ypc on second.

Edited by NoSaint

1) You don't? Either you have not read this thread (multiple people have said something to the effect of "cut him now") or you have a very active ignore list. A guy with 10 posts said "Cut him" just 30 minutes before you posted.

Anyone saying, "cut him now," would have to be a moron.

I've seen folks say "if you're open to cutting him altogether, then it's better to cut him now". I haven't seen anyone say that they simply want him gone.

I hope Fred is given a coaching opportunity after this year. I would love to see him mentoring our running core. He is not the most gifted athlete but makes up for it with patience, vision, and technique. patience and technique are his assets that could be passed on.

why would you say he isn't the most gifted athlete , seems to me that anyone that could excel at the professional level would be considered an exceptional athlete.

why would you say he isn't the most gifted athlete , seems to me that anyone that could excel at the professional level would be considered an exceptional athlete.

clearly anyone saying that is referring to a room full of the most exceptional of exceptional athletes.

Among posters here hes obviously incredibly gifted, but if you sit him down in the middle of the probowl squad, hes a bit lackluster athletically. which still puts him at the top of the general population and miles ahead of you or i.

I've seen folks say "if you're open to cutting him altogether, then it's better to cut him now". I haven't seen anyone say that they simply want him gone.

im of the thought that the coaches are familiar with both the players and the plans they have. if he fits and has a year - cool. if they want something else or dont think he can provide it as well as the next guy - no shame there.

hes clearly right at the end of the road. maybe he has a few more yards in him, maybe he doesnt. if he does, maybe they come here, and maybe they dont. really as a fan, all id ask is to do it with respect to the guy if making a move.

oddly, spiller averaged 5.6 per carry on 1st downs, with freddy at 3.8. take out spillers longest first down run (50+) and hes still 4.6 per carry on first.

i was surprised how effective we were on 1sts compared to the AWFUL stats on 2nd. spiller dropped to 1.3ypc on second.

NoSaint - not a criticism, but I wouldn't take out the 50 yarders. For the sake of analysis I lower them to 20 yarders with the understanding that anything after that is well beyond the scrum. A runner shouldn't be penalized for success!

NoSaint - not a criticism, but I wouldn't take out the 50 yarders. For the sake of analysis I lower them to 20 yarders with the understanding that anything after that is well beyond the scrum. A runner shouldn't be penalized for success!

I wouldn't take it out period, normally (why hate on the guys breakaway speed)... But I had a feeling the first critique would be "yea I bet it was one good run and a bunch of nothing."

Even without the one great run its still a productive situation. Unlike second down where our offense fell apart.

I remember being surprised back in November when discussing Hackett I saw how good we were on first and TERRIBLE on second. Came across as a play calling issue that things fell apart there with the same talent available and in generally good situations.

clearly anyone saying that is referring to a room full of the most exceptional of exceptional athletes.

Among posters here hes obviously incredibly gifted, but if you sit him down in the middle of the probowl squad, hes a bit lackluster athletically. which still puts him at the top of the general population and miles ahead of you or i.

im of the thought that the coaches are familiar with both the players and the plans they have. if he fits and has a year - cool. if they want something else or dont think he can provide it as well as the next guy - no shame there.

hes clearly right at the end of the road. maybe he has a few more yards in him, maybe he doesnt. if he does, maybe they come here, and maybe they dont. really as a fan, all id ask is to do it with respect to the guy if making a move.

You are alway a thoughtful well thought out poster here. and of course ( i hope you know ) have my respect.

This one goes in the books for me.

Maybe one telling statement about you as a person and then you as a Bills Fan.

:worthy::thumbsup:

Fred ain't Dead

You are alway a thoughtful well thought out poster here. and of course ( i hope you know ) have my respect.

This one goes in the books for me.

Maybe one telling statement about you as a person and then you as a Bills Fan.

:worthy::thumbsup:

Fred ain't Dead

I 2nd this.

OK...so now No Saint isnt gonna be able to get his head through the damn door....thanks a lot.....:)

I always thought that we should have a "poster of the month" poll at the beginning of each month. It is kind of a way to tip the cap to the training camp update folks, the insiders, the twitter watchers, the people doing the scouting reports and just generally the people that bring thoughtful discussion. They used to do it on the Pelicans board that I would visit from time to time.

Saw on nfl network,that Fred says he can play 3 more years. C`mon Fred. I can tell you that if Bryce had the same amount of carries as Fred legs last year ,he would have had a lot more yardage . More tds and broke a few long runs. Fred the scoring machine. The explosion through holes or catching passes were not even close. If you can`t see it your blind. He`s sucking up to coaches to cash in on more money. Not too many teams want and old wore out back.