EJ Manuel calls Bills' O sweet

jayg

And yet if Marrone was such a bumbling idiot why did we win the most games in a season it what seems like forever. Marrone may have been an egomaniac, but he took a group of underachievers and almost made the playoffs. Just maybe he had a plain vanilla offense because the leaders on the team (EJ, Fred, etc...) couldn't handle a more involved offense. Just Marrone seemed to have done more with basically the same group of underachievers that previous coaches had to deal with. When EJ learns to throw more accurately, actually win the starting job instead of having it handed to him, can stay healthy for more than 5 games at a time, and actually learn to lead and STFU off the field, maybe we can do something. Of course, I have my doubts with EJ, and suspect when push comes to shove one of the other guys on the roster will be our starting QB by week 4, even if Whaley forces EJ into starting role.

Edited by VABills

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maronne and Hacket were idiots trying to run a no huddle offense here with rookie WR's and a rookie QB.. It/They were doomed from day 1

Yes, and I said this from day 1. You had players without a clue about what to do hurrying up to do it at a faster pace. That said, EJ has a lot to prove to even start, let alone excel.

Jmo.

And yet if Marrone was such a bumbling idiot why did we win the most games in a season it what seems like forever. Marrone may have been an egomaniac, but he took a group of underachievers and almost made the playoffs. Just maybe he had a plain vanilla offense because the leaders on the team (EJ, Fred, etc...) couldn't handle a more involved offense. Just Marrone seemed to have done more with basically the same group of underachievers that previous coaches had to deal with. When EJ learns to throw more accurately, actually win the starting job instead of having it handed to him, can stay healthy for more than 5 games at a time, and actually learn to lead and STFU off the field, maybe we can do something. Of course, I have my doubts with EJ, and suspect when push comes to shove one of the other guys on the roster will be our starting QB by week 4, even if Whaley forces EJ into starting role.

The defense.

Well, HE certainly didn't describe the FSU offense as dumbed down!m But it wasn't long before the Bills had to dumb down their "vanilla" offense for EJ. So it's odd he would be mocking that offense at this point.

Injured 3 times, despite the "safe" offense set up for him.

So why when they replaced HIM with Orton did the offense stay dumb?

The defense.

You still have to score some. The defense was great, but Marrone was the head coach, made game day decisions and signed off on game planning including defense and special teams. Egomaniac and not-likeable, ok. Bad head coach - probably not. Defense is only one third of the game.

We won in spite of having our first round RB on IR most of season, a 13 year retired QB beating out a one read non-running QB who has slow release and is inaccurate, an Oline with rookies and second rate and injured players. No real TE's.

You still have to score some. The defense was great, but Marrone was the head coach, made game day decisions and signed off on game planning including defense and special teams. Egomaniac and not-likeable, ok. Bad head coach - probably not. Defense is only one third of the game.

We won in spite of having our first round RB on IR most of season, a 13 year retired QB beating out a one read non-running QB who has slow release and is inaccurate, an Oline with rookies and second rate and injured players. No real TE's.

The offense was miserable. Marrone didn't even try to properly use the one weapon he had, and the FG kicker was probably the MVP. Marrone "signed off" on the defense? Ok -- he didn't even know what personnel was on the field.

Perhaps Marrone "set the tone" and helped the Bills get tougher -- who knows. But he was a failure at managing the offense. Look at the ridiculous talent on the Bills' D and you know exactly why they were able to win 8 games (the last one isn't relevant as it was a glorified preseason game).

So why when they replaced HIM with Orton did the offense stay dumb?

I don't remember Orton mocking the offense he was struggling to master.

OK, that was funny. Sad but funny.

Jeez, i'm like...is this mic on??

Thank you Beerball!

Edited by Mr. WEO

Jesus, everything that comes out of these players' mouths continues to bury the Pop Warner coaching jobs done by Marrone and Hackett last season.

And before I get fifteen "the proof is in the pudding" replies -- yes, I know, they haven't shown anything on the field. Thank you.

Players who failed blaming the outgoing coaches for the failure instead of themselves. Same with the fans of said players. Didn't see that coming :)

The offense was miserable. Marrone didn't even try to properly use the one weapon he had, and the FG kicker was probably the MVP. Marrone "signed off" on the defense? Ok -- he didn't even know what personnel was on the field.

Perhaps Marrone "set the tone" and helped the Bills get tougher -- who knows. But he was a failure at managing the offense. Look at the ridiculous talent on the Bills' D and you know exactly why they were able to win 8 games (the last one isn't relevant as it was a glorified preseason game).

And yet with a poor oline, no real RB, poor TE play and a QB who played in a bad offense, they still won. Defenses cannot and never will win by themselves. Even as great as the 85 bears or Ravens D's were the offense still had to at least be average.

Guess what that's the best this team has been in 15 years. Hate or like Marrone, me I think he's psycho, but he got a lot out of a bad team.

"I think I was doing what I was coached to do," Manuel said of his conservative play last season. "I know now that I'm more willing to take chances, just because of the confidence I have in my throwing motion and my arm. I think more of those vertical passes will definitely be showing (up)."

"Just watching Kyle's resiliency... obviously when things aren’t always going right, I think as a QB you just have to stay steadfast, and you have to just be yourself," Manuel said. "I think that's the biggest thing I learned - don't try to be somebody you're not, don't try to always say the right thing, just be yourself and let your personality show."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2015/5/13/8597741/ej-manuel-interview-greg-roman-steve-deberg-kyle-orton-benching

Players who failed blaming the outgoing coaches for the failure instead of themselves. Same with the fans of said players. Didn't see that coming :)

I don't think EJ blamed anyone...he gave an opinion about the different offenses. He also didn't remove blame from himself for not playing as well as he would have liked.

And yet with a poor oline, no real RB, poor TE play and a QB who played in a bad offense, they still won. Defenses cannot and never will win by themselves. Even as great as the 85 bears or Ravens D's were the offense still had to at least be average.

Guess what that's the best this team has been in 15 years. Hate or like Marrone, me I think he's psycho, but he got a lot out of a bad team.

I'll just agree to disagree with you, because the talent level of the Bills last year was playoff caliber. The '85 Bears had Walter Payton and McMahon played at a reasonably high level. The 2000 Ravens had a putrid offense -- go back and look. Their defense absolutely won with very little support.

Edit -- 2000 Ravens scored a paltry 29 offensive TDs during the season. Last year's Bills scored 30.

Edited by eball

Of the two wins against winning teams in 2014 (Detroit and Green Bay), the Buffalo Bills Marrone led offense scored a grand total of 1 TD and 7 FGs with the long time veteran QB Kyle Orton at the helm.

Marrone was a bumbling idiot. His good fortune was having one of the best defenses in the NFL and he was hoping to parlay that defense into his dream job of coaching the Jets. He was nothing more than a poser. It's sad that he still has some Bills fans bamboozled.

Edited by 1billsfan

Of the two wins against winning teams in 2014 (Detroit and Green Bay), the Buffalo Bills Marrone led offense scored a grand total of 1 TD and 7 FGs with the long time veteran QB Kyle Orton at the helm.

Marrone was a bumbling idiot. His good fortune was having one of the best defenses in the NFL and he was hoping to parlay that defense into his dream job of coaching the Jets. He was nothing more than a poser. It's sad that he still has some Bills fans bamboozled.

I think that if Marrone stuck to being "CEO HC" like he claimed, things could have been ok. He could have said, "Jesus, the system I'm trying to run doesn't fit my players. I hear Greg Roman is free. Let's bring him in here."

But instead he didn't, and he quit.

BTW, after seeing the schemes on some of those run plays, I am going on record that Roman is a massive improvement. Running the ball might be "conservative", but some of the things he's drawn up sure aren't.

The bolded is crap? The guy didn't survive training camp and preseason. Then he was injured again when running. It wasn't an issue of protection.

I think it was.

You are correct his injuries are not directly from protection, his lack of confidence and development were a result of the O line and its coaches. The Houston game ? he was lucky to come out of that alive. surely he was mentally and emotionally tarnished by that game ?

recall when we would pick the opening play?

I dont think EJ threw anyone under the Bus. He has a fresh set of eyes. ( go ahead easy shot )

He is enthusiastic.

So am I.

Did not want this to become an argument with anyone. Its a time to get on board with this coaching staff and players alike

Go Bills

All I want to see is EJ throwing that ball in rythum before a WR is actually open at a spot.......

Just do it EJ.....Im rooting for you to do it

Instructions were unclear. Marrone told him to make sure they can't make a play on it. He didn't know he meant the defense. :nana: