Remembering Paul (ghostofbib)

millbank

Wishing to take pause remember friend Paul departed around this day May 13 2006

Remembered well each day

A woman, whose father had passed away, came to see Jacob because there was a tradition to cover the mirrors during the time of mourning, and she struggled to understand the significance of this act. Is it so I do not concern myself with vanity but think about my father? Yes, said Jacob. Is it so I do not see myself in this deep sadness? Yes, said Jacob. Is it so I do not confuse the image of life with life itself? Yes, said Jacob. And what else Jacob? Well, said Jacob, if it is death that gives life meaning, then, perhaps, this tradition is to remind us that, when we have not lost someone, we shouldnt lose ourselves by refusing to pay attention to who we are, what we have been, what we are becoming.

DC Tom wrote as eppitaff

Paul died because he loved his wife

Edited by Left this site

Wishing to take pause remember friend Paul departed around this day May 13 2006

Remembered well each day

A woman, whose father had passed away, came to see Jacob because there was a tradition to cover the mirrors during the time of mourning, and she struggled to understand the significance of this act. Is it so I do not concern myself with vanity but think about my father? Yes, said Jacob. Is it so I do not see myself in this deep sadness? Yes, said Jacob. Is it so I do not confuse the image of life with life itself? Yes, said Jacob. And what else Jacob? Well, said Jacob, if it is death that gives life meaning, then, perhaps, this tradition is to remind us that, when we have not lost someone, we shouldnt lose ourselves by refusing to pay attention to who we are, what we have been, what we are becoming.

DC Tom wrote as eppitaff

Paul died because he loved his wife