[closed]How would YOU punish Tom Brady for deflategate?

These suggestions need not follow NFL guidelines...

My idea is letting him play in the regular season, but ban him from the playoffs the next time his team makes it.

Or we could forget suspensions and fines, the NFL needs to think outside the box. Every week of the NFL season could begin with Sebastian Janikowski using Tom's nuts for field goal practice, broadcast live on NFLN.

Then Pats fans couldn't complain about him missing games.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Mine I'm sure is an overreaction but I would have suspended him indefinitely until he cooperated with the investigation.

In a nutshell, this. I don't understand why the NFL is essentially awarding a player for being non-compliant with an investigation. They offered him 100% assurance that any non-football related emails or texts would not be shared with the public. I tend to agree with you. Suspend him indefinitely until he complies. The exception here of course is that if that's in violation of the NFLPA. The commissioner has broad powers to enforce a lot of rules, but doesn't have such complete power as to violate that.

what if an mlb team slipped juiced baseballs into a game while they were at bat ?

the pats got off lightly

i think brady and belichick should have gotten a full year each.

Or corked bats.

Or scuffed/greased balls.

Or juiced players.

I mean, can you even imagine if any of that ever happened?

In a nutshell, this. I don't understand why the NFL is essentially awarding a player for being non-compliant with an investigation. They offered him 100% assurance that any non-football related emails or texts would not be shared with the public. I tend to agree with you. Suspend him indefinitely until he complies. The exception here of course is that if that's in violation of the NFLPA. The commissioner has broad powers to enforce a lot of rules, but doesn't have such complete power as to violate that.

But since Brady waived his NFLPA representation I think it would have been possible. Didn't someone else get suspended indefinitely and then reduced early last season? Not sure if it was Rice or AP.

But since Brady waived his NFLPA representation I think it would have been possible. Didn't someone else get suspended indefinitely and then reduced early last season? Not sure if it was Rice or AP.

He waived representation, but that's not a waiver of his rights and protections afforded by the agreement. I think it was AP that got his reduced first, and then later Rice was reinstated. Different issue though when you start talking about potential criminal behavior off the field versus cheating in the game.