Around the NFL: Projected 2015 Starters for Bills

I don't think he is a million miles away. On offense I think the split will be between 11 personnel and 21 personnel (with some 2 TE thrown in for good measure). So it will be Harvin / Woods or Felton I think and so "starters" will depend on which you consider our starting formation.

On defense I still think McKelvin if healthy is the day 1 starter but by the season's end wouldn't surprise me if Darby is in.

That is the O-Line I am hoping for by the way.

Darby would have to have one heck of a training camp for them to get rid of mclovin. I don't see it happening even with the potential cost savings. There's a big learning curve trying to cover in the NFL vs college. Darby has a long way to go but even so even the best CB's rarely play well their rookie year. We aren't as good of a defense if we cut mclovin imo

This is overall a very good take. I think McKelvin starts to open the season at least, but could certainly lose reps to Darby if the kid lives up to his promise, or if he gets injured. Richie is the right guard, and Miller the left. I think it will be a real battle between Henderson and Kuandjo for the RT spot. I am hoping EJ wins the job, but I am not confident he will.

Darby would have to have one heck of a training camp for them to get rid of mclovin. I don't see it happening even with the potential cost savings. There's a big learning curve trying to cover in the NFL vs college. Darby has a long way to go but even so even the best CB's rarely play well their rookie year. We aren't as good of a defense if we cut mclovin imo

i don't think he advocated/predicted getting rid of him, just that he thought he would get beaten out for a starting role

Seems fair for the most part. I disagree with putting Miller and Henderson on the same side, so I think I'd flip the guards. I expect a different QB too, but we all know that. I think Darby gets most of this year as depth unless he comes along exceptionally quick.

EDIT: I also wouldn't rule out Kujo at RT over Henderson just yet, but we'll see on that.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

"This is one of the most talented starting lineups in football on both sides of the ball."

i saw that. He mentioned OLB as a weakness in depth but didn't mention that Rex's scheme actually has everything it needs, in droves.

Seems fair for the most part. I disagree with putting Miller and Henderson on the same side, so I think I'd flip the guards. I expect a different QB too, but we all know that. I think Darby gets most of this year as depth unless he comes along exceptionally quick.

EDIT: I also wouldn't rule out Kujo at RT over Henderson just yet, but we'll see on that.

yep I'm pretty sure miller will be at LG but listening to his college coach interviewed the other night, he said he played "strong guard" meaning he lined up against the other team's best 3 technique and switched sides.

This isn't too far off. I think that McKelvin will be starting but other than that it is close. McKelvin was playing really well prior to his injury. I actually have a strange feeling that he is in line for a huge year (7 INTs) if healthy. It is just a feeling.

I think he is a close to spot on as one can guess. I like when he says it is one of the most talented teams on both side of the ball. AND, half the people on this board say Whaley should be fired or he does not cut it. Whaley has been solid and I am confident he will only get better at his job and I think he has done extremely well so far!

Yeah, like many I suspect Miller will be at LG. His area of strength is his run blocking, and Incognito has the flexibility to do both, so I'd put him on the side where we run the ball to.

I also agree that Graham will probably slide to something like a CB/FS hybrid. I honestly think safety is an underappreciated position, so I see zero problems with putting a talented player with great ball skills but is a touch slower as a center fielder.

Love it that he projects 3 WR set as the 'base" O - all 3 WR are $.

Also love how the QB is somehow defacto between EJ and Cassel. TT is an unknown long shot to the masses I suppose but has as good a shot as the other two to start IMO - especially in Roman's system.

Love it that he projects 3 WR set as the 'base" O - all 3 WR are $.

Also love how the QB is somehow defacto between EJ and Cassel. TT is an unknown long shot to the masses I suppose but has as good a shot as the other two to start IMO - especially in Roman's system.

Yeah, in the embedded video Rosenthal makes note that TT has a real shot to start too.

I am starting to come around about Cassel a little bit. When you look at the weapons he will have on paper, it's pretty impressive. All he has to do is not royally screw it up. I think he can handle it. We'll see I guess.

All other factors aside (size, arm strength, mobility, speed, etc) - which Qb is considered the most accurate? I'm just curious, as I am hoping that whoever that is wins the job. I just want someone who can consistently complete passes to the WRs.

I think he is a close to spot on as one can guess. I like when he says it is one of the most talented teams on both side of the ball. AND, half the people on this board say Whaley should be fired or he does not cut it. Whaley has been solid and I am confident he will only get better at his job and I think he has done extremely well so far!

Whaley has done a crackerjack of a job.....dont understand the hate either