What do you collect?

Each year 96.7 FM The Ticket has an autograph show. It's called Ticketstock.

I go every year. They are free have never

paid for any.

These are some I have Bob Lily..Drew Pearson..Walt Garrison..Leon Lett (LOL)..Michael Irvin..Tony Dorsett..Mike Erizone..Mike Modano..Marty Turco.. Joe Nieuenwendyk..Jere Leitenen..Brendan Morrow...and most recently Jaime Benn..Jason Speeza and Antoine Russell.

Nice. Mine are mostly music related. Chuck Berry. Tom Johnston and Pat Simmons of the Doobie Brothers. George Thorogood. Weird Al Yankovic. And Till I got my Guitar stolen, REO Speedwagon, and Stu Cook and Doug Clifford from CCR.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After selling my house and throwing out a ton of crap that I hadn't used in years, I'm not much for collecting stuff that doesn't serve a frequent purpose. I have a handful of quality knives and would love to graduate to collector status someday. Right now my "collection" consists of a few Benchmade folders, Zero Tolerance folders, ESEE fixed, and a Zakuri Blue Super carbon steel kitchen knife. It is amazing how much difference a quality knife makes. Every time I see someone use a crappy dull knife I cringe.

Not much seeing most things are worthless dust collectors. However I have collected over the years rare 1st edition books. My prize possession is H.P. Lovecraft's The Outsider and Others. It's a collection of his short stories. My wife bought it for me for $350 20 or so years ago. It's worth $1500 or more today.

After selling my house and throwing out a ton of crap that I hadn't used in years, I'm not much for collecting stuff that doesn't serve a frequent purpose. I have a handful of quality knives and would love to graduate to collector status someday. Right now my "collection" consists of a few Benchmade folders, Zero Tolerance folders, ESEE fixed, and a Zakuri Blue Super carbon steel kitchen knife. It is amazing how much difference a quality knife makes. Every time I see someone use a crappy dull knife I cringe.

I have two Benchmade knives, and I'll never own another brand. One is a Nakamura Megumi and my everyday carry is a Mini-Barrage. I freaking love it.

I have two Benchmade knives, and I'll never own another brand. One is a Nakamura Megumi and my everyday carry is a Mini-Barrage. I freaking love it.

The Megumi is a great design. I have the Benchmade Mini Ruckus in S30V which is just about perfect. I have to say that the Zero Tolerance knives I have are pretty close though. Elmax steel is pretty impressive. Edited by chknwing334

This is a great topic and hits home with me. I collect Cool whip containers. have been for years. Whenever my wife buys Cool whip I keep the container for the label and recipes. The older ones were good plastic and the newer ones are sort of flimsey. It's fun seeing how the container changes each year or so. I have a spare bedroom in our house filled with my collection of cool whip containers. Some days I walk in and just sit and watch them for hours.

I was going to ask an appraiser to value the collection but I don't think he'd be honest. I'll probably leave the collection to my kids in my Will.

Howard

For real? Or am I slow tonight?

Jinva I was turned on to Cool whip container collecting by my neighbor 40+ years ago She was a nice old lady and told me to watch how they will change in texture and demand over time. She was right because they are really all different. Around the holidays my wife buys the Chrismas ones and we have one of the biggest collections in the east. Channel 7 did a piece on us years ago. Anyways thanks.

Howard

Jinva I was turned on to Cool whip container collecting by my neighbor 40+ years ago She was a nice old lady and told me to watch how they will change in texture and demand over time. She was right because they are really all different. Around the holidays my wife buys the Chrismas ones and we have one of the biggest collections in the east. Channel 7 did a piece on us years ago. Anyways thanks.

Howard

how awesome is that? did you save the channel 7 audio to an Edison cylinder? it Shirley must have been riveting. How much is the insurance rider on a collection like that? Is cool whip actually considered a food product? Just wondering.

how awesome is that? did you save the channel 7 audio to an Edison cylinder? it Shirley must have been riveting. How much is the insurance rider on a collection like that? Is cool whip actually considered a food product? Just wondering.

The Howard hijacking of threads to pull off a fake old man unfunny bit is getting really old.

Just wondering if you collect anything?

I have a few collections:

The first is a collection of every Buffalo team pennant - it hangs in my rec room. Among the rarest are the Buffalo Breskis' professional women's softball team, the Buffalo Norsemen professional hockey team and the Buffalo Royals team tennis pennant.

I also have a full collection of the 1973 Looney Tunes drinking glasses that were sold as a promotional item at the old Carrol's Restaurants (now Burger King).

How about you, what do you collect?

attachicon.gifbreskis.jpgattachicon.giflooneytunes.jpg

.44 cal., and 9mm firearms

For me, it's watches. Somewhat of an addiction, but I only have 6 of them, but I love each one.

Smartwatches are one thing that make me want to kick baby seals. Such an insult to call them watches.

I work very hard to NOT collect watches. I have a timepiece fetish.

Smart watches...every one I've seen does two things: shows you texts, and counts the steps you walk. I don't text or exercise...and even if I did, what's the !@#$ing point?