Brady/Patriots fines

you never disappoint....

happy to oblige

If Tom goes to court and lies (again), and gets caught - he will be prosecuted for it. It's called perjury

a court of law will subpoena his phone records

http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/white_collar_crimes/perjury.htm

the federal law against perjury in the U.S. Code classifies perjury as a felony. This means that someone who lies under oath in federal court, or who lies under oath to a person acting on behalf of the federal government may be sentenced to up to five years in jail.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

happy to oblige

If Tom goes to court and lies (again), and gets caught - he will be prosecuted for it. It's called perjury

the federal law against perjury in the U.S. Code classifies perjury as a felony. This means that someone who lies under oath in federal court, or who lies under oath to a person acting on behalf of the federal government may be sentenced to up to five years in jail.

Now ask yourself what the odds of them doing that are

for anyone who thinks Tom* is innocent

IF these two jokers did it to sabotage Tom* why the hell were they not fired immediately after the game???

Now ask yourself what the odds of them doing that are

The NFL won't back down and the next step to protect his innocence is to go to court.

If you payed attention to my posts on this topic you would have seen that I said he'd be stupid to do so.

but if he is stupid enough ..

mores the better

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

IF these two jokers did it to sabotage Tom* why the hell were they not fired immediately after the game???

The NFL won't back down and the next step to protect his innocence is to go to court.

If you payed attention to my posts on this topic you would have seen that I said he'd be stupid to do so.

Even if he does take this labor dispute to court, AND Brady lies, that it will be in a manner that a judge would really go down that route and felony perjury isn't a laughable thing to mention here? Come on. Edited by NoSaint

happy to oblige

No one's trying this as a criminal matter in the federal court system.

Though if this goes on much longer, I expect Congress to jump on the bandwagon like the whores they are and hold an "investigation." And lying to Congress is a felony (don't know why, considering they're allowed to lie to us.)

No one's trying this as a criminal matter in the federal court system.

Though if this goes on much longer, I expect Congress to jump on the bandwagon like the whores they are and hold an "investigation." And lying to Congress is a felony (don't know why, considering they're allowed to lie to us.)

:worthy:

is this real??

Tom Brady should retire to punish Roger Goodell and the NFL

Now it’s time for Brady to punish Goodell and the NFL by retiring from the game.

That’s right. Barring a severely-reduced suspension via appeal, Brady should ride off into the sunset and toward an early retirement. The most successful quarterback in league history should say in no uncertain terms that Goodell is the reason he’s leaving.

He can’t be suspended under Goodell’s arbitrary rules if he’s not playing any more, can he?

GO AHEAD Tom* heed this advice!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like a lot of you on the board, I am a true Bills fan. My name is not Bill, I call myself Georgia Bill because while I grew up in WNY, I ended up in Atlanta and consider myself a Bill (by virtue of being a fan). I started watching the Bills regularly when I was 11, in 1969, and have stayed a fan all these years. I love the Bills and have been known to jump up and down, yell, and act like a child over plays good and bad.

I've expressed the opinion on this board that this whole thing is overblown, that the PSI was only marginally below desired after accounting for temp drop, and that I think the punishment was excessive. I'm not saying what they did was right, I'm just saying it was relatively minor in the grand scheme of things.

One thing that is pretty disappointing is that I can't come to my Bills board and express such opinions without having my "fanliness" brought into question and being called out as a Patriots troll. Continuously disparaging everything the Patriots and/or Brady have accomplished does not make you a bigger Bills fan. The fact is the Patriots did not win the 4 Super Bowls because they cheated. They won because they had damn good teams and coaching. I can be a huge Bill fan and still respect (and envy) all that they have accomplished. I hope the Bills can get that good again and beat them down every game, and go (finally) win us our own championship. But I won't begrudge them their wins just so others can welcome me into their secret "real Bills fan" club.

Just heard excerpts of Wells' phone interview on ESPN and he sounds pissed. And all because of the attacks by Yee and the Pats* in the aftermath of the report's release. If I were Goodell I would demand that Yee and the Pats* cease and desist immediately or Brady is gone for the year. There should be ZERO tolerance for trying to impugn the fine reputation of Wells or any other investigator working at the behest of the league.

Zero class.

GO BILLS!!!

God forbid anyone question Lord Wells.

They're resorting to ad hominem attacks and questioning his character. He should be pissed. And the league should support him, if they truly believe his report is accurate and honest.

They are attacking a man doing his job while the people were not complying with the investigation. Can you really blame the guy for being pissed?

It's the equivalent of me reading 10 of your post and saying your a negative person and you not letting me see the other 8,965 posts.

Edited by The Wiz

I don't blame Wells for being pissed, nor do I blame the league for getting his back (he is their boy), but I question his honesty and integrity too, and I'm not even mentioned in one of his reports. I see no reason why he should be held to be above reproach.

Edited by Rob's House

I don't blame Wells for being pissed, nor do I blame the league for getting his back (he is their boy), but I question his honesty and integrity too, and I'm not even mentioned in one of his reports. I see no reason why he should be held to be above reproach.

On what basis do you question his integrity? And does that basis for questioning allow you to make ad hominem attacks?

GO BILLS!!!

What is it you question about his honesty and integrity?

I'm highly skeptical of his report on the Dolphins. I followed that story pretty closely and that report played out just a little too perfectly for the league. And based on everything that came out, including statements by other players on that team, I find it more likely than not that he at least misrepresented some facts to get to his (the league's) desired conclusion.

What is it you question about his honesty and integrity?

I haven't kept a running tally but he's done a few of these, right? Dolphins I know. And I recall mixed reactions but not specifics. Has there been a few others? I know bounty gate was not him but the nfl hired impartial investigator was a mess(can't hold it against wells but maybe against the NFL).

What's his track record? Seems the logical place to start the "I question him" vs "he's great" debate and neithe sides touched it yet.

Edited by NoSaint

I haven't kept a running tally but he's done a few of these, right? Dolphins I know. And I recall mixed reactions but not specifics. Has there been a few others? I know bounty gate was not him but the nfl hired impartial investigator was a mess(can't hold it against wells but maybe against the NFL).

What's his track record? Seems the logical place to start the "I question him" vs "he's great" debate and neithe sides touched it yet.

I'd sooner start with the report itself than his track record. Any investigation by nature and definition is incomplete (since it's a reconstruction of past events); the starting point should be finding the questions and lines of investigation that weren't asked or pursued, and asking why they weren't (understanding that not all are pursued because certain avenues become trivial and not cost-effective...and an investigation by nature and definition is incomplete.)

I'd sooner start with the report itself than his track record. Any investigation by nature and definition is incomplete (since it's a reconstruction of past events); the starting point should be finding the questions and lines of investigation that weren't asked or pursued, and asking why they weren't (understanding that not all are pursued because certain avenues become trivial and not cost-effective...and an investigation by nature and definition is incomplete.)

True, though im not sure how objective any of us are in the heat of the pats talk. Plus it's early enough that we haven't gotten as much time/space/context/rebuttal.... I don't think a basic broad strokes look at his track record is terrible here since we've been chasing the issues with the pats in circles.