Inside Buffalo's 2015 Draft Room

i think whaley might be a liberal.. just kidding.. excellent, thanks . thoroughly enjoyed it.. was a confidence builder .. like this regime even more , if that could be possible.

the nugget about wanting a player that slid to the fourth round was very intriguing:

"we had a guy that was sticking out on the board, way up there... and where we ranked him, it warranted us trying, as much as possible, to do whatever we can to get into the fourth round and pick this player, but unfortunately, it did not happen."

wonder who it was... bryce petty?

I wonder who the 4th round pick they wanted was.......

ha - nice, wondering the same thing.

They cut the part out where I called in and asked Whaley why we didn't trade kiko for philly's pro bowl guard and a sign demarco murray instead of shady.

I dont think you talked to Whaley actually.

but thanks for playing !!

I wonder who the 4th round pick they wanted was.......

I'm curious too. After looking at every pick of the 4th round....I was thinking one of the OL, possibly one of the DL.

Guys that stood out:

TJ Clemmings

Tre Jackson

Trey Flowers

Za'Darius Smith

They cut the part out where I called in and asked Whaley why we didn't trade kiko for philly's pro bowl guard and a sign demarco murray instead of shady.

Did he tell you it's because signing a free agent is never a sure thing?

You wanted to give up 24 year old Kiko Alonso for who? 33 year old Evan Mathis? And then leave it up to chance that Murray may or may not sign here? And Spiller may have already been gone. Geez, stop calling Whaley man.

Edited by What a Tuel

I'm curious too. After looking at every pick of the 4th round....I was thinking one of the OL, possibly one of the DL.

Guys that stood out:

TJ Clemmings

Tre Jackson

Trey Flowers

Za'Darius Smith

Jackson wasn't on their board from what we are told due to injury concerns thay had totally taken him off. That was the stroy being tweeted during the draft anyway. I agree Smith was likely a guy they might have ben surprised to see slide to the 4th and might have had interest in.

Jackson wasn't on their board from what we are told due to injury concerns thay had totally taken him off. That was the stroy being tweeted during the draft anyway. I agree Smith was likely a guy they might have ben surprised to see slide to the 4th and might have had interest in.

yep Jackson was off their board (and other teams as well) due to physicals. I think it was Z'Darius Smith just based on how much Whaley talked about him right before the draft.

Based on this draft room pic, looks like the #Bills didn't think highly of second tier QBs http://sbnation.com/e/8358594?utm_campaign=buffalorumblings&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Comment on site below pic-

I know that the leftmost column is the grade tiers, from Round 1 to Round 7.

Based on the groupings of players, and assuming the board doesn’t have any missing names, here are my guesses as to how the Bills built their board:
3rd column looks to be quarterback. Two names near the top in the first round, then nothing until a single guy in round 4.
2nd column, my guess is running back. I bet they had Gurley and Gordon near the top, then a huge clump of running backs with day two grades.
4th column, I’d say probably wide receiver; this was another very deep class.

Edited by YoloinOhio