Inside Buffalo's 2015 Draft Room

blue shirt? looks like you may have had TSW up on your laptop. Did you contribute any of our ideas?

I Contribute as much as possible. Too Many Chefs in the Kitchen can spoil the broth...

I was distracted by Rex fixing his glasses every 10 seconds. lol

Darby was the pick a week before the draft, he was over and above any prospect we had rated.

Whaley was a sniper, he targeted and got who he wanted. He is doing a great job.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

I Contribute as much as possible. Too Many Chefs in the Kitchen can spoil the broth...

Darby was the pick a week before the draft, he was over and above any prospect we had rated.

Whaley was a sniper, he targeted and got who he wanted. He is doing a great job.

Imo

good to hear...

Leroi, were the Bills high on Jeff Heuerman. I got the feeling, after listening to John Murphy, that he was one of their possible targets in the 3rd round.

Also any hints as to who the target was for the attempted trade up into the 4th round? The DE from Kentucky, Za'Darius Smith, seems logical, am i hot!?

Edited by Estro

They cut the part out where I called in and asked Whaley why we didn't trade kiko for philly's pro bowl guard and a sign demarco murray instead of shady.

Yes but you left out that you misdialed and called Jacksonville instead but they they thought you were Jerry Sullivan from Buffalo News.

Imo

Any info on who they wanted to trade up for in the 4th? It sounded like someone that they had high on their board was still available and they were trying to grab him

I'm curious too. After looking at every pick of the 4th round....I was thinking one of the OL, possibly one of the DL.

Guys that stood out:

TJ Clemmings

Tre Jackson

Trey Flowers

Za'Darius Smith

I am guessing Clemmings or Smith. It was shocking to see TJ slide to the 4th round, and I know the Bills were high on Smith

Who gets to sit in the draft room, by the way? I keep going back to this Leroi character -- I just can't imagine anyone with any sort of actual input would make comments like he has on a fan message board.

Who gets to sit in the draft room, by the way? I keep going back to this Leroi character -- I just can't imagine anyone with any sort of actual input would make comments like he has on a fan message board.

Maybe he DOES have input - do you wish me to input cream in your coffee? One lumps or two?

I'm curious too. After looking at every pick of the 4th round....I was thinking one of the OL, possibly one of the DL.

Guys that stood out:

TJ Clemmings

Tre Jackson

Trey Flowers

Za'Darius Smith

My first thought was TJ Clemmings - and my second and third thoughts as well.

I found this on a Steelers board. It is a tremendous job on how a draft room operates and how draft boards are set up. Nothing Bills-specific, but very much worth a read. At least the original post. Nothing of value beyond that. It also probably explains why I can't stop trying to make out what is on the board in the video.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68&f=1897&t=13852969

I found this on a Steelers board. It is a tremendous job on how a draft room operates and how draft boards are set up. Nothing Bills-specific, but very much worth a read. At least the original post. Nothing of value beyond that. It also probably explains why I can't stop trying to make out what is on the board in the video.

really interesting stuff.

Good stuff.

Perhaps from this we can assume that Whaley structures his board similarly:

draft_board.0.png

With the columns being:

FB RB QB WR TE C OG OT DS DC LB MB DE DT

Good stuff.

Perhaps from this we can assume that Whaley structures his board similarly:

draft_board.0.png

With the columns being:

FB RB QB WR TE C OG OT DS DC LB MB DE DT

Hey, nice work! Was trying to work positions on the board out myself.

Here's a guess put together based on the Steelers' article. Just a guess mind you:

Special FB RB QB WR TE C OG OT DS DC MB LB DE DT

Gurley

Gordon Scherff Fowler Shelton

Winston White Ogbuehi Randall

Mariota Cooper Peat Collins Waynes Beasley Brown

1 Parker Williams

Perriman Ray Smith

Agholor Flowers Tartt Dupree Armstead

Coleman Collins Humphries Rowe Thompson

Abdullah Cann

2 Yeldon Williams Erving Goldman

Darby