has anyone ever known a sociopath?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dated one and didn't figure it out until I came home from work one day with my apartment EMPTY! And I have a Psych degree. :wallbash:

That's not sociopathy. That's just general nuttiness.

And yes, I have known a true sociopath, though not a criminal sociopath. Subtly, but extremely, abusive. She was a great help to me in teaching me that many of my problems with women were not my fault ("Wait a minute...this is nuts. I didn't possibly do anything to deserve this ****.") My relationships were much healthier after her.

And no, Wacka, I'm not one. :censored:

can a sociopath not be a killer?

My son can lie and steal without the least bit of shame, he only feels bad when he gets caught. but he has never expressed any homicidal tendencies, he also has aspergers.

Yes. Sociopathy is basically a lack of foresight and empathy towards others. It doesn't have to include stabby-stabby behavior - usually doesn't, in fact.

can a sociopath not be a killer?

My son can lie and steal without the least bit of shame, he only feels bad when he gets caught. but he has never expressed any homicidal tendencies, he also has aspergers.

That sounds like a tough situation. How old is he? Can you take him to a therapist?

That sounds like a tough situation. How old is he? Can you take him to a therapist?

been to a million therapists, makes no difference. he's a good kid but never connects his actions with consequences. he only can think about what he wants at the moment.