Sammy had 2nd most uncatchable targets in league in 2014

not as good as these names

JP LossMan

Robbery Johnson

Doug Flunkie

Dough Boy AVP - actual nickname by the players

the best way to end the bickering is for you, Chan the few others to stop hammering on EJ and calling him a failure

edit

the problem today is that someone posted a stat that made the guy you (and the cadre of EJ detractors) supported look not so good WRT to accuracy.

Look man, I like that we're not always arguing these days but don't misquote me. I have never called EJ Manuel a failure. I have said as much in this thread. I don't think the Minnesota Wild are going to come back and beat Chicago in this series down 3-0. That doesn't mean Chicago has officially won the series. Get the distinction? It is possible that Manuel develops into a franchise QB just like it's possible that Minnesota comes back and wins the series. Stranger things have happened on both accounts.

Secondly, I have stated time and time again that Orton sucked last year too. I never "supported" him beyond agreeing with the move when they made it. In fact, I absolutely advocated to see Manuel a few times down the stretch last season.

Just so we're clear.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this thread supposed to be about ODB vs. Sammie or Eli vs. EJ/Orton?

Rueben Randle had the 7th highest uncatchable balls at 29.9%, if that matters.

EJ.....Orton......red jacket.....green jacket.....who gives a ****? Both QBs aren't any good. Orton checked out last year and is now sitting at home eating Doritos and watching the Price is Right and EJ is now fighting just to make the team in his 3rd year. Our QB situation sucks.

Not trying to "rant" or "hate." I just thought the best way to end all the bickering would be to make a bet. Do you wanna bet he wins the job? Let's make it fun. I'm already kind of rooting for Taylor anyway so this will make it even more interesting.

Simple bet, EJ wins the starting job, you support him all season (or at least until he is no longer the starter). He doesn't win, I will support whoever wins and say the EJ project should be done and plan to look for a new qb in 2016 draft.

Fair?

Edited by The Wiz

Simple bet, EJ wins the starting job, you support him all season (or at least until he is no longer the starter). He doesn't win, I will support whoever wins and say the EJ project should be done and plan to look for a new qb in 2016 draft.

Fair?

Oh you can bet I will support whoever is the Bills QB.

So basically you think is EJ has a snowballs chance in hell if I'm understanding your time correctly.

I think EJ has a 4/1 chance of winning the starting job this year

8/1 to last all season and lead us to 9 wins

8/1 to be our starter week 1 2016

12/1 week 1 2017

16/1 of ever making a pro bowl

And fwiw Meh Cassel has been to one of those.

I think EJ has a 4/1 chance of winning the starting job this year

8/1 to last all season and lead us to 9 wins

8/1 to be our starter week 1 2016

12/1 week 1 2017

16/1 of ever making a pro bowl

And fwiw Meh Cassel has been to one of those.

I was asking for an "eye ball" test opinion. Not a stats/probability opinion. Everyone knows they are false.

I was asking for an "eye ball" test opinion. Not a stats/probability opinion. Everyone knows they are false.

What's false? Not sure I know what you mean. That's my opinion. That's like me telling you that you saying your favorite fruit is blueberries is a false statement.

What's false? Not sure I know what you mean. That's my opinion. That's like me telling you that you saying your favorite fruit is blueberries is a false statement.

I was joking about the stats being false. Most people that are against EJ use the "eye ball" test which was also meant to be funny. The truth is no one knows at this point.

EJ needed a big TE... So did Orton, but for different reasons.. Sammy is a ferrari, and EJ was barely out of training wheels... Marrone and Hackett did things the exact WRONG way... Completely undermining EJ's development to the point that i don't know if he'll ever be viable as an NFL starting QB...

True but Landry averaged 9 ypc. That seems unbelievable in today's NFL. Considering he had 463 yards after the catch http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=&type=Receiving&range=AFC&rank=231 , that means his 84 catches went 295 yards in the air, or a total of 3.5 ypa. Tannehill might be the new Captain Checkdown.

Haha-- this is great. This guy is terrible.

Keep up the crusade. You're changing the world.

Come on Biscuit admit it, there is a reason EJ never saw the field again. Marrone ego

yet you supported the guy who had the 2nd most uncatchable passes! and you defended him ad nauseam during the season

I noticed as well Edited by Agent 91

Ah the good ole EJ debate.

Can the season start already?

I didnt know EJ was even spelled S-A-M-M-Y lol. Its crazy how people can turn a post about the bills third string waterboy into an all out roasting of EJ.

Batted balls isn't that hard.... And if Sammy was listed as the "target" on a stat sheet but it's seen to be a throwaway I assume that's easy enough, though I'm not sure the nuts and bolts there.

Balls thrown away can't be described as uncatchable for a particular receiver unless he is the only receiver on the field. A batted ball as "uncatchable" also makes no sense. So does a tipped ball.

An uncatchable ball is one that is poorly thrown TO a WR. That's pretty much it. If your o-line sucks and your QB is getting killed (hit while throwing, scrambling/throwing the ball away or if a DB makes a play on the ball and tips it, this is not really a catchable/uncatchable matter

@FO_ScottKacsmar: #Bills QBs missed Sammy Watkins long and short at top 10 rates last year. http://t.co/U9jj40MfzZ@SalSports http://t.co/1EaP8tyRm4

@FO_ScottKacsmar: @ChrisTrapasso I can tell you right now on those 41 over/under plays, 8 were thrown by Manuel, 1 by FJax, 32 by Orton.

so thta breaks down to

2 per game by EJ

2.7 per game by KO

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Common man, you're better than this.

You're being charitable.

One of the major reasons that Sammy's target % was low is because he had so very few bubble screens and the sort, which are automatic completions for the most part. One of the reasons for that was his rib injury I imagine. The major reason for that however was that Marrone was an imbecile.

If there were a pie chart for how much I miss Marrone vs. how much I do not, there would not be a slice for Doug.