Now is the time to sign Terrell Pryor - as a pass catcher

its reasonable to have low expectations but why not just bring him into camp and see what he can do? Give him a 1 yr deal. If he can't beat out one of those guys then just cut him. But we literally have no one like him on the roster. As far as route running this is a guy who would be 5th or 6th WR. You might throw to him once or twice a game in the red zone. He is a superior athlete and he can play the position. This isn't a guy who you are lining up one every series. He could also play TE. The whole key is getting him to agree to make the switch.

Why do you think he deserves a chance over the other rookies coming out that are tall and fast? His height and 40 isn't totally unique around the league, even at depth/practice squad levels- I'm trying to get you to the next level with the advocacy if you are going to campaign for him. What separates him to say HE is the guy if you have to choose one shot to take? Any reason to believe he'd be a good route runner, great hands, beat jams on the line, work hard and be reliable enough to learn the position incredibly quick compared to others?

My point wasn't that we must commit to him for 4 years but that he's likely a long term project and at his age I don't think you see the value. If he made the move at 22 and takes 3 years he's 25 when he hits his stride- not unreasonable as a rookie project. If he's 26 and it takes 3 years he's 29 and getting a salary of a 5-6 year vet in the process and has a short future.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, but we are talking about a guy that has never played WR, and is turning 26. i dont think he was saying those guys are GREAT, just that theres no reason to expect pryor to impress.

Plus, Hogan has developed some great chemistry with EJ, if that ends up mattering.

Why wouldn't he be capable of beating the last four out.

Lewis will likely end up on the practice squad and Thigpen is redundant now that Harvin is on board. That leaves Goodwin and Hogan, neither of which are that entrenched, IMO...

Goodwin has been wowing the new staff...not a chance in H*** that he would beat out both Godwin and Hogan. In fact, there is no way Pryor would make this roster right now at any position IMO.

Most importantly...if he had any ability at WR, don't you think the Chiefs would have given him a shot given one of their biggest needs is WR?

Goodwin has been wowing the new staff...not a chance in H*** that he would beat out both Godwin and Hogan. In fact, there is no way Pryor would make this roster right now at any position IMO.

Most importantly...if he had any ability at WR, don't you think the Chiefs would have given him a shot given one of their biggest needs is WR?

he was not willing to switch the WR in KC or in Seattle. That is the whole point of the thread. I said this is the time to sign him- maybe now he will finally consider it. If you can't talk him into it, don't sign him.

I don't know why anyone would assume Chris Hogan could not be beaten out... But If he doesn't beat anyone out you just cut him. What is the downside of bringing him in?

Edited by YoloinOhio

he was not willing to switch the WR in KC or in Seattle. That is the whole point of the thread. I said this is the time to sign him- maybe now he will finally consider it. If you can't talk him into it, don't sign him.

I don't know why anyone would assume Chris Hogan could not be beaten out... But If he doesn't beat anyone out you just cut him. What is the downside of bringing him in?

Ok, lets look at what you just said: Pryor refused to try out at WR in Sea and KC...both teams need WR help. Sea has a great young QB on a SB contending roster. KC is considered a good team and has a solid vet QB with a great HC.

So why do you think he would suddenly change his mind to play WR in Buffalo, where we have no proven QB, are a run first team, and loaded with pass catching weapons where his only chance would be to be the 5th or 6th WR at best?

I mean he literally just refused to switch positions knowing he would be cut...so saying he got cut doesn't really make sense because if he was worried about not having a job he would have just gave it a shot in KC. So, I just don't see why he would even consider it when he turned down better opportunities because those teams need more help at WR and have less question marks at QB.

Yes he is fast, but so what...tons of guys who have played WR their whole lives come into this league every year are just as fast, if not faster, and can't make it. He needs ball skills, hand eye coordination, route running, etc etc...So the downside is that he takes a roster spot from a guy better suited to play the position that could become a good ST contributor or depth WR.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Ok, lets look at what you just said: Pryor refused to try out at WR in Sea and KC...both teams need WR help. Sea has a great young QB on a SB contending roster. KC is considered a good team and has a solid vet QB with a great HC.

So why do you think he would suddenly change his mind to play WR in Buffalo, where we have no proven QB, are a run first team, and loaded with pass catching weapons where his only chance would be to be the 5th or 6th WR at best?

I mean he literally just refused to switch positions knowing he would be cut...so saying he got cut doesn't really make sense because if he was worried about not having a job he would have just gave it a shot in KC. So, I just don't see why he would even consider it when he turned down better opportunities because those teams need more help at WR and have less question marks at QB.

Yes he is fast, but so what...tons of guys who have played WR their whole lives come into this league every year are just as fast, if not faster, and can't make it. He needs ball skills, hand eye coordination, route running, etc etc...So the downside is that he takes a roster spot from a guy better suited to play the position that could become a good ST contributor or depth WR.

he wouldn't take up a roster spot unless he was good enough to earn one over someone else. I'm not suggesting he make the team based on his skill set and measurables but what would be the downside of bringing into camp? He absolutely could fill a need if he worked out. Why not give it a chance?

I won't pretend to know why he would or wouldn't sign in Buffalo, though we aren't loaded at his position and we have no one like him. I don't think they are afraid of bringing in competition for a guy like Hogan. I'm just saying if he did decide to finally be open to TE or WR, the Bills should pursue him. When teams have an interest in a player they don't say "he probably won't come here. Let's not even try"

Edited by YoloinOhio

He put up #'s for the Raiders. And they had no weapons or a good D. He moved the ball and scored points. I think his style of play would get him killed though

i am not at all a fan of him as a QB. Though I think he could make a play on a designed flea flicker or something. He has a ton of upside as an offensive weapon though if he is flexible to finally give up on being a qb.

Why not try him at TE? if he puts on a few pounds, he could be a Jimmy Graham type with lateral speed.

Some other teams' fans are pushing to sign him as a TE and im all for that but he can actually play WR with that speed. Either one - he is a mismatch in the RZ.

Edit: I see you suggested a hybrid type with Graham, totally agree. Even if they just lined him up in certain formations I think it would make defenses nervous. We don't have any real tall pass catchers for them to plan for. Gives us another dimension.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This thread is proof that now is the time for some posters to stop starting 10+ threads a day.

Easy guy, its May 5th, not much to talk about. What are you bringing to the table to discuss? i vote to bring him in for a look, what is the harm?

its reasonable to have low expectations but why not just bring him into camp and see what he can do? Give him a 1 yr deal. If he can't beat out one of those guys then just cut him. But we literally have no one like him on the roster. As far as route running this is a guy who would be 5th or 6th WR. You might throw to him once or twice a game in the red zone. He is a superior athlete and he can play the position. This isn't a guy who you are lining up on every series. He could also play TE. The whole key is getting him to agree to make the switch.

There is no harm in doing that, the worst that could happen is we cut him. Someone will do this and it probably will be chip kelly

Easy guy, its May 5th, not much to talk about. What are you bringing to the table to discuss? i vote to bring him in for a look, what is the harm?

There are a thousand guys we could bring in for a look. We can't bring in a thousand guys for a look.

No credible GM would sign him to be a WR. It's the same silly argument that Lebron could be a tight end. He couldn't and Pryor couldn't be a WR. I can't imagine a scenario where Whaley would do something so ridiculous.