Requisite Derby photo of Brady & Pats* w/special guest

I look at Tom Brady and I see Don Shula. Maybe you were to young to remember the decade long 0-20 Bills record vs the Dolphins, but I know I didn't feel all warm and fuzzy towards the man.

I think Cassel's a guy who's coasting as a backup till the end of his career. I know many fans here want to think he still has the fire to lay it all out there, but I don't believe he does.

That is totally different than "OMG, he went to the Derby with Pats players." I am not sure what you you are seeing to question his fire? This is probably his last chance to secure a nice contract. I would think that he is really motivated to perform -no?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is totally different than "OMG, he went to the Derby with Pats players." I am not sure what you you are seeing to question his fire? This is probably his last chance to secure a nice contract. I would think that he is really motivated to perform -no?

He's got an fanatical hate for Brady colliding with another strong opinion against cassel all showing up in one photo for an irrational reaction. It is what it is.

It's two different issues. The photo hurts his credibility in terms of the new intimidation model of Rex's Bills. The two just don't mix very well. If Cassel beats the pants off of Manuel and Taylor in training than I'll be fine with him as our starting QB. If he doesn't, then I'll be fine if Cassel ends up getting cut because they added another QB in this draft. As for his fire, I just go to the stat sheet and see a guy's QB career go in the tank 5 years ago. He was Matt Shaub before Matt Shaub.

BTW, I'm positive that Belichick and Brady are both hoping that Cassel wins the job given the fact that he threw 4 interceptions against them last year.

He's got an fanatical hate for Brady colliding with another strong opinion against cassel all showing up in one photo for an irrational reaction. It is what it is.

Oh the humanity! LOL

It's two different issues. The photo hurts his credibility in terms of the new intimidation model of Rex's Bills. The two just don't mix very well. If Cassel beats the pants off of Manuel and Taylor in training than I'll be fine with him as our starting QB. If he doesn't, then I'll be fine if Cassel ends up getting cut because they added another QB in this draft. As for his fire, I just go to the stat sheet and see a guy's QB career go in the tank 5 years ago. He was Matt Shaub before Matt Shaub.

BTW, I'm positive that Belichick and Brady are both hoping that Cassel wins the job given the fact that he threw 4 interceptions against them last year.

Oh the humanity! LOL

Meh - your a fan, I went with the word fanatical instead of irrational their on purpose but when all this collides your getting a bit crazy.

He just totally embarrassed himself. He tweeted Thurman to come on the show and talk about it, evidently thinking Thurman would agree with him about Cassell being a non-competitive traitor. Thurman then tweeted pic of him with Cassel, at the Derby.

Thurman Thomas @thurmanthomas 13m13 minutes ago

CD9EJCiUgAAiss1.jpg

So #OneBuffalo you just didn't give me a chance. #kyderby here's Matt

TT looks good! He's ready for preseason!

No big deal. They were teammates for crying out loud.

Ever hear Jim Kelly talk about having dinner with Boomer Eliasson at Boomer's house on nights before Bills-Bengals games? I have.

Move on.

Cassell, meet the doghouse. I bet that bastard will try to throw the Pats* games this year if he's the effin starter. The next scandal? "QB GATE". This just makes me root for EJ even more and even Tyrod ahead of this douche nozzle

If I may, I'd like to use this term in a sentence every day for the rest of my life.

:lol:

People are actually going out of their way to make an issue out of this?

We as fans will rally around anything.

Everyone in that picture is welcome to the pills.

Can't stop laughing at this!

No big deal. They were teammates for crying out loud.

Ever hear Jim Kelly talk about having dinner with Boomer Eliasson at Boomer's house on nights before Bills-Bengals games? I have.

Move on.

I never said it was a "big deal". I said that this photo hurts Cassel's credibility (not a lot, but some) in regards to the Bills being a "bully". I know people are thinking that I'm taking that term literal. I don't. I'm talking about the supposed new "attitude" of the Bills team wanting to be feared. Remember when the Bills kept getting beaten up by the Jets early in Rex's head coaching career? A big part of that 6-0 streak was because the Bills knew the Jets were tough and they were soft. The Bills were bullied by the Jets in those first few years. They feared the Jets.

So that brings me back to this photo. Yes, Kelly was friends with all of those guys, but there was actual discretion back then. These guys were smart enough to know that you kept that "buddy" stuff on the down low. Imagine if there was an actual photo of Kelly and Marino arm in arm with shades in front of a plane with Marino in the middle arms crossed as "The Man" and Kelly just another guy in "The Man's" entourage? Do you know what the reaction would be circa 1990?...LOL

Obviously it's a different time, that's why I don't think it's a "big deal", but I do think this photo is like trying to unring a bell. If Cassel is the starter and he looks bad against the Patriots no doubt this photo story gets brought up, because we've all seen it. It's little stuff like that. Or if Rex is 50/50 on who he wants to start, little things like this photo may add up to help sway his decision. If people think that's bs then so be it, it's just my opinion about it.

What would the reaction be if Cassel was wearing a Patriots Superbowl shirt ? Would that be just fine with everyone too? after all it would not mean he wouldnt try hard etccc etcccc - the question is where does the line get crossed where it becomes bothersome...?

What would the reaction be if Cassel was wearing a Patriots Superbowl shirt ? Would that be just fine with everyone too? after all it would not mean he wouldnt try hard etccc etcccc - the question is where does the line get crossed where it becomes bothersome...?

Ha ha, that would be different. It would be different if he was wearing a shirt that said "White power" too. What is your point? What if he was caught trapping a girl in a bathroom in Milledgeville, GA? What if he stood on a table in the student union and said "f--her right in the p---?" What if he were staging dog fights? All of this situations WOULD be different. Fortunately, NONE OF THAT HAPPENED!!! He went to the Derby with his friends. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Ha ha, that would be different. It would be different if he was wearing a shirt that said "White power" too. What is your point? What if he was caught trapping a girl in a bathroom in Milledgeville, GA? What if he stood on a table in the student union and said "f--her right in the p---?" What if he were staging dog fights? All of this situations WOULD be different. Fortunately, NONE OF THAT HAPPENED!!! He went to the Derby with his friends.

All your examples are items that could lead to a suspension by the league - they do not equate to cassel wearing a very innocent jersey that said New England superbowl champs - afterall he is just funning around with his former teammates.

The point is there does come a point where some things can cross a line - you think taking a trip with all patriots does not.... but somehow wearing a Patriots jersey does.? why? does it affect cassel's game preparation? he wont try just as hard etccc?

Why would you be upset if Cassel wore a Patriots jersey in offseason with fellow Patriots?

Edited by jahbonas