Serious About Drafting Bryce Petty?

that is kind of what I have been saying. I think at least 2 of the 3 are more pro ready,and Cardale is running that spread but his skill set would be nasty in this offense. I imagine Pegs might have some eyes for Hackenburg btw.

But, if they love one of these guys, it's the most important position on the team and I understand them taking the chance.

I honestly don't think the Bills think they'll be drafting high enough to get one of the top qbs next year.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sal and Paul Hamilton both said that they talked to some guys at OBD and think the Petty thing is a smokescreen at 50 but they might take him if he's there in the 3rd

Pretty much what I expected. I don't think a QB is realistically in play for us in the 2nd, but one of Petty/Grayson/Hundley in the 3rd may be too much value to pass up.

Wonder if they are hoping to get trade offers

i would think so. There are QB needy teams who won't have a crack at the top two or won't pay the price to move up. And by QB needy that includes teams like the jets and Rams who QBs to compete now for starter as well as the Broncos, Chargers, Saints who want to develop a guy to take over in due time.

Sal and Paul Hamilton both said that they talked to some guys at OBD and think the Petty thing is a smokescreen at 50 but they might take him if he's there in the 3rd

There is zero question it is a smokescreen. You never hear talk about the player being picked...especially when it is a qb. I have no idea what their plan is but no way in hell is Petty a part of it in the 2nd.

There is zero question it is a smokescreen. You never hear talk about the player being picked...especially when it is a qb. I have no idea what their plan is but no way in hell is Petty a part of it in the 2nd.

so crazy it just might work! Tell everyone what you want to do and theyll never believe it!

you can talk yourself into whatever you want to believe in the week before the draft. all im confident about is that it was no accident that its public.

so crazy it just might work! Tell everyone what you want to do and theyll never believe it!

you can talk yourself into whatever you want to believe in the week before the draft. all im confident about is that it was no accident that its public.

How does it benefit them to make it public if he is their choice?

To make people believe he's not their choice?

I can't imagine any team not trading ahead of Buffalo because they think the Bills may have leaked info that they were interested in him to make us not believe they were interested in him. The person that suggested that would probably be asked to leave the other teams war room.

How does it benefit them to make it public if he is their choice?

To make people believe he's not their choice?

I can't imagine any team not trading ahead of Buffalo because they think the Bills may have leaked info that they were interested in him to make us not believe they were interested in him. The person that suggested that would probably be asked to leave the other teams war room.

weve telegraphed plenty of things in the past, and i dont doubt some is so blatant to make people think we are playing games. "they wouldnt be so obvious" is surely a debate other teams are having right now. if you play the same hand the same way every time, theres no bluffing to be done. you have to have some unpredictability between your demeanor and your final actions or you actually do end up telegraphing what you are doing.

weve telegraphed plenty of things in the past, and i dont doubt some is so blatant to make people think we are playing games. "they wouldnt be so obvious" is surely a debate other teams are having right now. if you play the same hand the same way every time, theres no bluffing to be done. you have to have some unpredictability between your demeanor and your final actions or you actually do end up telegraphing what you are doing.

I understand and agree with that. And agree the "they wouldn't be so obvious" conversation is going on. My point is it's impossible to believe that a team really wants Petty, and they are even willing to trade up to 49 or earlier to get him, and they DON'T pull the trigger on it, leaving him for the Bills, because their reasoning is the Bills don't really want him, but acted like they really wanted him the last couple days. So we don't have to worry about them. And we can wait until after 50 to get him. If they want Petty they move up. If the Bills showed no interest maybe they don't.

The Bills are reportedly "serious" about Baylor QB Bryce Petty.

The Bills do not have a first-round pick as a result of last year's trade up for Sammy Watkins. That could cost them a shot at Petty, whose stock appears to be peaking with the draft just hours away. The Bills desperately need a talent infusion in their quarterback room as Matt Cassel and E.J. Manuel are currently set for an uninspiring camp battle.
Related: Bills

Idk if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
Edited by H2o

I wonder what the West Virginia game cost Bryce Petty, if at all. As pointed out in the Gruden show, he did not handle pressure...at all. A key attribute of an NFL QB is being able to handle physical pressure, actual bodily contact, while concetrating on progressions and delivering an accurate ball to a covered WR.

Petty is considered a project, I know, but would he be graded a half a round sooner if he didn't show this deficiency? Physically, he's got it. 6'3" 230 and a hell of an arm.

I wonder what the West Virginia game cost Bryce Petty, if at all. As pointed out in the Gruden show, he did not handle pressure...at all. A key attribute of an NFL QB is being able to handle physical pressure, actual bodily contact, while concetrating on progressions and delivering an accurate ball to a covered WR.

Petty is considered a project, I know, but would he be graded a half a round sooner if he didn't show this deficiency? Physically, he's got it. 6'3" 230 and a hell of an arm.

he is a developmental guy so wherever he goes that will be something that is coached. Many predict he will go to the Saints where he will learn behind Brees for 2-3 years. I actually think that's a great spot for him. He could do the same in Bflo but the pressure to play sooner would be there because of the lack of an established starter.

he is a developmental guy so wherever he goes that will be something that is coached. Many predict he will go to the Saints where he will learn behind Brees for 2-3 years. I actually think that's a great spot for him. He could do the same in Bflo but the pressure to play sooner would be there because of the lack of an established starter.

I don't think the Bills are going to draft him. But if they do, I would doubt he would play this year. I think Cassel and then Taylor would have to fail miserably and the season to be shot until Petty would play.

I don't think the Bills are going to draft him. But if they do, I would doubt he would play this year. I think Cassel and then Taylor would have to fail miserably and the season to be shot until Petty would play.

not that he's projected be as good but he would be in the "Aaron Rodgers" role in NO. In Bflo, we see what happens when projects are taken. They play too soon. Hopefully that's a thing of the past.

not that he's projected be as good but he would be in the "Aaron Rodgers" role in NO. In Bflo, we see what happens when projects are taken. They play too soon. Hopefully that's a thing of the past.

Right. Historically. In theory. But we have new people in charge. We have a veteran QB that we haven't had. We have a veteran back-up QB that the HC clearly loves that we haven't had. We have a win right now-game one-make the playoffs mentality that we haven't had. Bills history means zero in this case.