Was the trade for Watkins worth it?

Luxy312

Well here it is from the other side --

Tweets from cleveland sports media

@BHOOLZ: Farmer traded Mike Evans/Sammy Watkins for an OL a year later. Think about that.

@BHOOLZ: So, Farmer would rather have an OL at 19 in 2015 than Sammy Watkins on the field in 2014 and beyond tells you everything you need to know

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here it is from the other side --

Tweets from cleveland sports media

@BHOOLZ: Farmer traded Mike Evans/Sammy Watkins for an OL a year later. Think about that.

@BHOOLZ: So, Farmer would rather have an OL at 19 in 2015 than Sammy Watkins on the field in 2014 and beyond tells you everything you need to know

When the Erving pick came in it should have come with a message that said "Thanks for all you've done Alex Mack, we wish you luck with your new employer in 2016".

Also thought it was pretty awkward when Thomas Davis was announced as man of the year then read off a guy who'll likely replace him if everything goes according to plan.

When the Erving pick came in it should have come with a message that said "Thanks for all you've done Alex Mack, we wish you luck with your new employer in 2016".

Also thought it was pretty awkward when Thomas Davis was announced as man of the year then read off a guy who'll likely replace him if everything goes according to plan.

mack was there against his will anyway - he tried to go to Jax in FA but the Browns matched his transition tag offer. He's gone and they know it.

Generic thread conclusions that apply to all post draft threads;

1. Not a single Bills player ever lives up to his draft position, except for 7th rounders, we love those.

2. Not a single Bills player is worth a first round draft pick, ever.

3. Not a single Bills player was worth trading up for.

4. Trading down is very good unless you draft EJ Manual.

5. We should draft seven QBs every draft.

6. Never ever draft a CB anymore (blame Jauron for that one).

7. OMG we didn't draft a TE.

8.Any player the Bills draft is instantly devalued by 30-50%.

mack was there against his will anyway - he tried to go to Jax in FA but the Browns matched his transition tag offer. He's gone and they know it.

Yep, I believe part of his offer from Jax the Browns matched said he couldn't be tagged again. He's going to exercise his option and walk. Too bad for them the Browns think they can contend for a playoff spot, they should shop him today to see what they can get.

Some people are grasping at straws here, especially those arguing Tedy Bridgewater is "franchise" after one mediocre season.

Terry Bridgewater is a better qb than any qb on our roster. He is a legitimate franchise qb. He had a good enough rookie year to indicate that he is worthy of being a starter for the franchise for a very long time.

As I have stated very often I believe that Watkins is a dynamic talent. He is the type of talent who would be in the top five of every draft. Would I prefer having a long-term quality starter (not elite) instead of him? Absolutely so.

Edited by JohnC

Terry Bridgewater is a better qb than any qb on our roster. He is a legitimate franchise qb. He had a good enough rookie year to indicate that he is worthy of being a starter for the franchise for a very long time.

As I have stated very often I believe that Watkins is a dynamic talent. He is the type of talent who would be in the top five of every draft. Would I prefer having a long-term quality starter (not elite) instead of him? Absolutely so.

For God's sake please stop with the franchise QB projections. How about for once we apply the same yardstick we use on Bills QBs? You lose, you suck.

No.

He's excellent. But he's like having a top of the line pair of headphones plugged into a 1984 Walkman cassette player.

1984 huh ?

[url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=aPZkBLTHWv4]

I've never see anyone use the term "comic gold" on an internet chat forum before.

You are an innovative genius.

Gold jerry gold. Edited by Ryan L Billz

For God's sake please stop with the franchise QB projections. How about for once we apply the same yardstick we use on Bills QBs? You lose, you suck.

You can use whatever standard you want. For me it is very easy to say that based on his rookie year that Bridgewater is more talented, and will get even better, than any qb currently on our roster. If you don't believe that Bridgewater has more upside than our trio of qbs then that is fine. I disagree with that assessment.

You can use whatever standard you want. For me it is very easy to say that based on his rookie year that Bridgewater is more talented, and will get even better, than any qb currently on our roster. If you don't believe that Bridgewater has more upside than our trio of qbs then that is fine. I disagree with that assessment.

I like Bridgewater but his arm does scare me a bit. I know that it's not about having a rocket arm but he throws pop flies on deep passes. I also don't think people factor in how much of an advantage it is to have Norv Turner as your rookie OC instead of Nate Hackett. That is a giantic advantage. And Bridgewater is better but 14 tds -12 ints isn't that much better than EJ's 11 tds - 9 ints.

And we need to stop making giant conclusions after 1 year. There is so much left to see. But if the Watkins trade helped forced Marrone out the door, then it might already be worth it. :)

I thought and said that very thing about the Shaq pick.

Even if he's not, it's an odd pick. Strength of the Jest team in 2014: DL. 1st round selection in 2015: DL

Would you find it odd if the Bills' do the same? I'm kind of expecting it as you know.