Was the trade for Watkins worth it?

Luxy312

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look at the big picture. If Watkins is ~ 3 or 4 other guys then I'll say it wasn't a good trade. I might say it's preferable to what they would have otherwise done but stI'll not good. If he separates himself from the rest of the pack I'll say it was worth it even if OBJ puts up better numbers.

He's already passed the pack, IMO. It's just Evans and Beckham.

At the end of the day the Bills got a guy that many project to be a great player. He came off of a VERY good rookie year despite constant double teams and battling an injury. They dealt the 19th pick in a draft where 1 GM said that they gave 10 players a 1st round grade. It isn't the crazy investment that some are making it out to be when all of this is factored in.

Yes, there were other good receivers last year but Watkins still may end up being the best. The Bills used a pick that could have netted A decent player on a perennial Pro Bowler.

Why is he great? he was very good. And i am not comparing him to anyone.

Now keep in mind, i am a fan . but we did not use him to his strengths last year, and he was injured not playing to potential.

you are on the koolaids brother. better to admit it .

That said i look forward to an amazing year from him under some real NFL coaching under Roman !!

or playing to win now?

My brother does not post on the wall.

Thanks for ruining tonight, Whaley, and for what, a receiver? I wouldn't move up to get Jerry Rice if we had Montana for a QB. Moving up and paying like you did was a rookie move, bro.

i am sure Whaley would give Sammy back if he knew he ruined your night.

Thanks for ruining tonight, Whaley, and for what, a receiver? I wouldn't move up to get Jerry Rice if we had Montana for a QB. Moving up and paying like you did was a rookie move, bro.

So you'd rather have Hogan/Ebron instead of Watkins/Clay also?

So you wouldn't move up to take the greatest WR of all time?

I guess I now know how much to value your opinion on this subject.

Yeah! I mean we could have had the 5th best tackle, the 5th best WR or a good backup for Mario & Hughes to pair with a TE who showed very little last year. What an idiot!

I said NO with conviction and disdain last year and have not changed my position. In a DEEP WR draft, there was no need to give up this year's first to get a quality #1 WR. You don't make that trade unless you have a franchise QB and are a WR away from competing.

The argument that it was a good trade because the Bills would have taken Ebron makes no sense. It makes Whaley look even more incompetent, "if we didn't make the trade our GM would have made an even worse decision, so it was a good trade ???!!!". Ugh.

Think where this team would be with Mosley (who I wanted), or Martin (who several draft pundits slotted to Buffalo)or a hindsight is 20/20 pick like Beckham, Jr AND this year's 19th (or higher) pick ?

Having said all that, I like Sammy. I said it last year and still feel that way. If he becomes a perennial all-pro, I'll happily eat my words and say I was wrong.

As we sit here today, I am not wrong. Sammy looked good, not great last year. He needs to be great for the trade to make sense.