If La'el Collins drops do Bills take him?

ALLEN1QB

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, from top 1/2 of first round to likely undraftable in a matter of days.

I don't get the undraftable part. Why wouldn't you take him in the third round and say we believe in giving people a fair shot. He won't play one snap for us until he is completely exonerated. If he is arrested he will be immediately released and not play a down for us.

teams with lots of picks are more likely to take a flyer on him.

The Bills simply cant afford to waste their picks.

I don't get the undraftable part. Why wouldn't you take him in the third round and say we believe in giving people a fair shot. He won't play one snap for us until he is completely exonerated. If he is arrested he will be immediately released and not play a down for us.

There are image problems that come from drafting a potential murderer. He may well be entirely innocent, but at this point no one knows. The police aren't saying he's a suspect, but in all likelihood he is - he was very close to the victim, after all. He might not be a strong suspect, but he's under suspicion nonetheless. That's why they want to question him, regardless of what they're saying publicly. Personally, I wouldn't touch him, all the while realizing that I may be passing on a great talent. It's just not worth the risk, and there are other good players out there. We also don't know anything about his background. There may be more out there -- or not. Teams will know this. That said, some team will take him.

Edited by dave mcbride

@AroundTheNFL: La'el Collins, police to schedule interview after NFL draft

http://t.co/nIh0qQyRcG

Per Rapoport, Collins is in Baton Rouge ready to meet with police, however as the investigation is not complete, authorities are not ready to meet with him, according to sources who have spoken to the police.

He won't be a first rounder, but it's likely somebody will pull the trigger on him on Friday...

Per Rapoport, Collins is in Baton Rouge ready to meet with police, however as the investigation is not complete, authorities are not ready to meet with him, according to sources who have spoken to the police.

He won't be a first rounder, but it's likely somebody will pull the trigger on him on Friday...

if he last til 31 and the saints local guys feel like they have good intel/connections -- i wouldnt be shocked to see them take a big value on the OL

if he last til 31 and the saints local guys feel like they have good intel/connections -- i wouldnt be shocked to see them take a big value on the OL

Watch the "tinfoil hat" crowd explode the Internet if that happens...

That'll be an interesting war room. La'el Collins and Bryce Petty both sitting there at 31

plus a lot of other options.... They have one of those rosters that isnt disastrous at any position, but could benefit from an upgrade almost anywhere. itll be an interesting day for them with 3 picks in the top 44 and an aggressive front office.

plus a lot of other options.... They have one of those rosters that isnt disastrous at any position, but could benefit from an upgrade almost anywhere. itll be an interesting day for them with 3 picks in the top 44 and an aggressive front office.

Yep, I've got them pulling DeVante Parker, Randy Gregory, and Maxx Williams. That'd be quite the haul IMO

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago

What @JayGlazer said is true. Agent for LaEl Collins met with the NFLPA to request he be allowed in Supplemental Draft. Well see.

if they think this drops him even part of a round, it would make sense. he wants that top slotted pay. it would seem to indicate they dont think he falls out of the draft where he could create a bidding war though. (if he went UDFA its simply highest bidder, right? so he could wait 3 weeks and assuming he is cleared have a big pay day)

brings up an interesting discussion. if he goes into the supplemental and has been cleared by then -- would you use next years 1 on him?

Edited by NoSaint

if he goes into the supplemental and has been cleared by then -- would you use next years 1 on him?

He was slated to go around pick 17-20 before this came up, so assuming the Bills are picking at the bottom of round one next year, it might be a good value pick. It would have to be balanced against understanding how strong the 2016 draft class is going to be.

A bird in the hand, however...