Bills Daily - 7 round mock - 2nd pick

San-O

Just looking at the Bills Daily draft, and agree what the Bills may do, however mentioning that the pick would start day 1 is obvioulsy

very optimistic as last years # 2 pick never even stepped on the field.

o They have Cordy Glenn moving inside.

o They have Henderson moving to left side???

o So you basically have at least 3 new position players not including R guard?

o And have a 2nd year never played at LT in NFL and rookie at RT?

Bills Daily mock

-18 ( #50 overall) OT Jake Fisher - Oregon The one main weakness besides quarterback is the offensive line where the team needs another starter and should look for one with their top pick in the draft. Fortunately it is a deep class at tackle and guard. Fisher would step right in probably at right tackle moving Seantrell Henderson to the left side and Cordy Glenn inside to guard. If he's gone they may look to snag the top guard in the draft if Duke's Laken Tomlinson is available. He could stop right in on the inside and they can leave Glenn and Henderson on the outside. Florida State's Tre Jackson or South Carolina's A.J. Cann are also options in the second round at guard.

Most boards have 8-9 OT's coming off the board prior to the Bills pick at #50, and Fisher is definitely one of them. In fact, on many boards, he's the top 4th or 5th prospect at the position. To boot, I don't see Glenn moving to the inside. He's been more than serviceable playing LT and I think that the team will be looking for continuity over what's been an endless shuffle of positions resulting in terrible continuity for the team. The more likely scenario IMO is the Bills drafting the 1st or 2nd rated guard in the draft. They're both ranking out right about there at #50-60 to boot.

Most boards have 8-9 OT's coming off the board prior to the Bills pick at #50, and Fisher is definitely one of them. In fact, on many boards, he's the top 4th or 5th prospect at the position. To boot, I don't see Glenn moving to the inside. He's been more than serviceable playing LT and I think that the team will be looking for continuity over what's been an endless shuffle of positions resulting in terrible continuity for the team. The more likely scenario IMO is the Bills drafting the 1st or 2nd rated guard in the draft. They're both ranking out right about there at #50-60 to boot.

I would think they new regime would be looking to eliminate questions marks on the O line, not create them.

Q: CAN Glenn play right guard? I remember they tried him there a bit, but never moved him...

:mellow:

I would think they new regime would be looking to eliminate questions marks on the O line, not create them.

Q: CAN Glenn play right guard? I remember they tried him there a bit, but never moved him...

:mellow:

Does anyone actually care if he can or not? He CAN play LT. That position is vastly more important. CAN he play TE? I care about that almost as much. LOL.

Does anyone actually care if he can or not? He CAN play LT. That position is vastly more important. CAN he play TE? I care about that almost as much. LOL.

: ) Right...

It's just so much speculation, and he didn't play well last year at ALL, according to almost everyone I've read.

So here's some interesting information about the Bills that I wasn't aware of. In the last dozen drafts, the Bills first draft selection has been a player that was scheduled for and had a visit with the team. Not all worked out, but they did visit. Out of a possible 30 visitors, the Bills only had 12 kids this year visit and/or workout for them. Keeping in mind that the Bills have picks 50, 81, 155, 188, 194, and 234; here's the list of visitors. I've included the CBS Sports prospect ranking as anecdotal information/food for thought and ranked them from highest to lowest.
1 - Byron Jones (CB/S) - 20

2 - Nelson Agholor (WR) - 34

3 - Carl Davis (DT/NT/DE) - 53

4 - Nate Orchard (DE/LB) - 69

5 - Bryce Petty (QB) - 73

6 - Garrett Grayson (QB) - 95

7 - John Miller (OG) - 113

8 - Karlos Williams (RB) - 181

9 - Chaz Green (OT) - 191

10 - Jamon Brown (OT) - 264

11 - Darius Kilgo (DT) - 330

12 - Chris Dunkly (WR/CB) - 958

Should history hold true and they draft one of the guys above, that will be 13 years in a row. Oh and Whaley did say they needed depth at defensive back, so Byron Jones may just be a pipe dream.

Edited by Luxy312

So here's some interesting information about the Bills that I wasn't aware of. In the last dozen drafts, the Bills first draft selection has been a player that was scheduled for and had a visit with the team. Not all worked out, but they did visit. Out of a possible 30 visitors, the Bills only had 12 kids this year visit and/or workout for them. Keeping in mind that the Bills have picks 50, 81, 155, 188, 194, and 234; here's the list of visitors. I've included the CBS Sports prospect ranking as anecdotal information/food for thought and ranked them from highest to lowest.

Should history hold true and they draft one of the guys above, that will be 13 years in a row. Oh and Whaley did say they needed depth at defensive back, so Byron Jones may just be a pipe dream.

Davis is looking more and more like the pick at 50...

Edited by Lurker

: ) Right...

It's just so much speculation, and he didn't play well last year at ALL, according to almost everyone I've read.

He regressed but "didn't play well at all" is a stretch. I think his illness and missing most of TC had a lot to do with it Edited by CNY315

Davis is looking more and more like the pick at 50...

IF Davis predicted to play a 5 technique or NT I'd think he'd be high on my draftboard for the Bills yet he checks in more as a 3 or 1 tech in the NFL which not best fit for us. I have a feeling based on visits and Whaley's comments we might take a less obvious guy and/or over draft a guy as we've had some success doing it with Kiko and Preston Brown recently. Edited by The Jokeman

IF Davis predicted to play a 5 technique or NT I'd think he'd be high on my draftboard for the Bills yet he checks in more as a 3 or 1 tech in the NFL which not best fit for us. I have a feeling based on visits and Whaley's comments we might take a less obvious guy and/or over draft a guy as we've had some success doing it with Kiko and Preston Brown recently.

IMO, he'd actually be a better compliment to Dareus than Kyle, who doesn't really play the "space eater" role that Rex likes to employ.

We all love Kyle, but he often seems to guess on which gap to attack--which works great when he's right, but opens a big hole when the play goes to the other side.

IMO, he'd actually be a better compliment to Dareus than Kyle, who doesn't really play the "space eater" role that Rex likes to employ.

We all love Kyle, but he often seems to guess on which gap to attack--which works great when he's right, but opens a big hole when the play goes to the other side.

That's why Kyle's best suited for a 4-3 alignment as he's not one to hold a gap instead he tries to bust it. In other words he plays 3 technique. If Rex is planning on doing a hybrid 3-4/4-3 I'd say trade Kyle for something of value.

Edited by The Jokeman

I think u can find space eaters later in the draft

Space eaters are great but they also have to be athletic enough to also move down the line and make a tackle when called upon it. Dareus can play NT in a 3-4 as he did when Pettine was here but that limits his pass rushing which is arguably makes him so great as he can do both.

Well done...this is interesting.

I like Davis and I really think the Bills will go D-Line in Round 2...QB in Round 3...Best OL available and then BPA.

Davis is a good guy to have on special teams in the kicking game, too.