Which Coach got away

Which coach whether head or position coach we should have kept that went on to be great somewhere else.

Pete Carroll is mine

And how would you have kept him?

His prior two HC stints in the NFL did not tun out so well. The Patriots regressed every year under him. By his last year, the players were being openly critical of him.

Going to the college ranks was the best thing for him. IMO, if he stayed in the NFL in some capacity after the Pats, he would never have gotten another HC gig.

St. Doug

He left us. He can eat a bowl of you know whats.

In response to the original question, there's no coach out there right now that I'm wishing we'd held on to.

It seems like Chuck Knox's tenure is one that shouldn't have ended the way it did. Wade Phillips is probably the obvious answer, even though I agreed with the decision to fire Ronnie Jones. That said, Butler screwed up the cap so badly it's hard to see how Wade would have lasted much longer.

He was a position coach - Defensive Back.

Lawrence was the DC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Buffalo_Bills_season#Staff

I had completely forgotten we had Monte Kiffin on staff as LB coach.

Strange how no one could see the coaching greatness that we had in Carroll and Kiffin at the time...

"The 1984 Bills gave up a team-record 454 points on defense, an average of more than 28 points per game.[1] The Bills gave up 30+ points eight times, and allowed fewer than 20 points in a game only three times all season."

:sick::doh::lol:

"The 1984 Bills gave up a team-record 454 points on defense, an average of more than 28 points per game.[1] The Bills gave up 30+ points eight times, and allowed fewer than 20 points in a game only three times all season."

:sick::doh::lol:

That was the year I met my wife. She got all serious on me one time and asked "why do you do this to yourself?"

She's used to it now.