Report from tonight's Fan Advisory Board meeting

Jay,

I realize this probably makes me sound like a hipster douche, but how about a couple of craft beer selections at one or two locations. I've become a beer snob in my middle age and really do not enjoy the selection that the Ralph offers.

Plus, just imagine how drunk people could get if they offered a 10% Imperial IPA :thumbsup:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about addressing the problem with the MEATHEADS standing in the front rows of the stadium during the entire game. :doh:

Seems to be the biggest complaint I heard last year from season ticket holders

I moved my seats after 25 years, got tired of fighting with the same group every week

Edited by HOUSE

How about addressing the problem with MEATHEADS standing in the front rows of the stadium for the entire game. :doh:

Seems to be the biggest complaint I heard last year from season ticket holders

I moved my seats after 25 years, got tired of fighting with the same group every week

I've gotten my now 76-year old dad season tix for about the last ten years. We finally were able to upgrade to lower bowl seats a few years back and that was his biggest complaint. He was in like row 6 the first year and 9 the second, but in each case was still forced to stand nearly all game due to such knuckleheads. Not easy for a guy his age and it used to really piss him off. We've since moved back to row 16, which makes it a little better, but still.

I'm also all for the craft beer idea above, too. Whether that makes me a hipster douche, too, I'll leave that for others to decide.....

I've gotten my now 76-year old dad season tix for about the last ten years. We finally were able to upgrade to lower bowl seats a few years back and that was his biggest complaint. He was in like row 6 the first year and 9 the second, but in each case was still forced to stand nearly all game due to such knuckleheads. Not easy for a guy his age and it used to really piss him off. We've since moved back to row 16, which makes it a little better, but still.

I'm also all for the craft beer idea above, too. Whether that makes me a hipster douche, too, I'll leave that for others to decide.....

My 80 year old father had to move............missed almost the entire game. Can't stand that long especially in the cold

Edited by HOUSE

Bigger priorities unfortunately... like getting rid of the big bad tobacco. God forbid a designated smoking area or two remain. People do it in the stands? toss em, just like standing all game... Edited by SmokinES3

Bigger priorities unfortunately... like getting rid of the big bad tobacco. God forbid a designated smoking area or two remain. People do it in the stands? toss em, just like standing all game...

This isn't a "Bills thing". The laws of Orchard Park, Erie County, and New York State are such that no smoking is allowed. Neither is re-entry, meaning a smoking area is not something that can be done. Not allowing those items into the stadium (where they can't be used anyway) removes the temptation to use them by people who have them, and removes any gray area from enforcement.

Get your elderly family members front row or back row so they don't have to stand/can stand up and lean. Or wheel them in.

If it's 3rd/4th down I'm standing up to cheer - too bad if you don't like it.

That's funny, I thought they were talking about something very different.

Get your elderly family members front row or back row so they don't have to stand/can stand up and lean. Or wheel them in.

We're not talking 3rd/4th down--we're talking about these !@#$s standing all !@#$ing game, which is more than a bit different....

That's funny, I thought they were talking about something very different.

We were--thanks for following along.

This isn't a "Bills thing". The laws of Orchard Park, Erie County, and New York State are such that no smoking is allowed. Neither is re-entry, meaning a smoking area is not something that can be done. Not allowing those items into the stadium (where they can't be used anyway) removes the temptation to use them by people who have them, and removes any gray area from enforcement.

Interesting. I've been in other stadiums that have gated areas where they don't consider it leaving and re-entry but you are outside the stadium walls. Essentially a patio area. A smoking patio would be illegal locally?

Interesting. I've been in other stadiums that have gated areas where they don't consider it leaving and re-entry but you are outside the stadium walls. Essentially a patio area. A smoking patio would be illegal locally?

Probably not, just inconvenient to the Democratic agenda. Why make 20%+ of the paying customers comfortable when you can discriminate. Oddly enough, they never seem to complain when the tax dollars roll in...

Thanks for the explanation OP, you just sounded really enthusiastic about it in the initial post and I guess the trend of outdoor gated smoking areas disappearing is a personal pet peeve. I don't want anyone to have to be exposed to my unhealthy habits, but outdoors should be fair game.

Edited by SmokinES3

seriously?

Not sure I share the joy over the idea of a prime time home game. Bills had Miami on Thursday night in Nov a year or two ago....that is not fun...real cold...I am a season ticket holder, and much prefer the 1 pm games. (yup, warmer during the day) Further, folks from Rochester, Syracuse etc have a real prob with a game going to midnight and then a 3 hour drive back home....safety is the issue folks. And, some people have to work the next day. (really) I have some interesting memories about past night games....I recall a KC game back a couple of decades when a fan crawled out on the wire holding up the net behind the goal post. I thought he was a dead man...but he turned around and made it back...and was promptly arrested. He was right above my head for part of the crawl....that focuses the mind on such events. Anyhow, the crowds are usually NUTS on a night game, and usually a better show than the game. (at least recent decades) And, for the silver heads among our readers here, I recall the night game (70's) when Joe Fergason hit Amhad Rashad for TD's twice in the last two minutes to beat the Raiders. I had the priviledge of asking the guy with the season ticket next to mine if he heard what happened after he left the game last week!

Been tied up with other stuff.

I think it's been touched on but they have to bring content to the experience in the stadium. The most friendly way to do that for the fan is to bring it to the fan. Say you get to the gates at 11:45-12:30 you can get randomly selected to go on to the field for the next game, or even that game if it would be possible. Get about 20-30 fans that experience a game and it would be awesome.

Plus, have some concerts. Get some local bands to play around the stadium somewhere inside the area. I can't imagine a suitable area inside the gates already, but there probably is enough room somewhere to set up a stage to let a few local bands play a gig or two before the band. Get some bar tables and get the young group in there.

Use the field house to get fans in there beforehand. I think they have a way from the field house to the stadium. I really liked my idea last year of giving the fans the game day experience. Get the fan in there and give them a jersey they can buy, let them go thru a pregame simulation on the field running a few plays, maybe groups of 22 at a time to give an offense and defense. Get them a former player or maybe even some assistant coach to come give a pregame speech or just Rex Ryan by video pregame pump up speech, then let them run out to the field by player introductions. That'd be fun. "Offensive Tackle, 5' tall 97 lbs, Beerball, from Columbus, Ohio."

But, yeah, get the fans to want to be in the stadium ahead of time.

seriously?

Fairly common attitude at the Ralph. I'll do what I want, !@#$ everyone else. One reason I prefer to watch at home.

I did have old people in the 100-level telling me to sit down while standing up for the defense on 3rd down last year. Annoying.

I can understand being annoyed at people standing up while we're on offense, which is what I'm guessing you're all talking about.

Sorry to sound rude, but it's like how at outdoor concerts now you'll get the old folks parked by the stage in lawn chairs, and they get mad when people come and stand in front of them. At some point you should just stay home instead of ruining other people's fun.