Who should we take with your #19 pick, Bills fans?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D. Shelton and R. Gregory in whichever order in the 1st sounds like a home run imo. Gregory could fall to 12, not to sure about Shelton see him anywhere from pick 10-32. Shelton's 40 is a bit of a concern, I dont put too much weight into combine unless a big red flag is raised but have to wonder if a few teams are scared off by it.

If Jaelen Strong falls into rd 2, I'd do whatever it takes to secure him. He'd be nice to pair with Bowe, has enough speed to stretch defenses and Strong has that massive catch radius that QB's gotta love. Size is great too.

Well we were hoping you wouldn't be that good and we would be picking in the top 10. NOT fair! Hahaha. Just kidding. I am tired of debating who the Browns should take at 19 with Browns fans so thought I'd ask the original owners of the pick who YOU think we should take! I would list our "needs" but we have holes at pretty much every position. Probably the one area we look decent is in the secondary, though I don't have high hopes for Gilbert to take hold of the other CB spot across from Haden and the guy they signed from GB is past his prime. Also, Grimes is gone. RB is OK too.

OK - you are on the clock! Who do you think will be there at 19 that would be BPA for the Browns?

P.S. This is the best NFL fan message board out there. It isn't even close!

P.S. Part 2 If you don't want to talk about the Browns I apologize. In the past, you all have been so knoweldgeable about all teams, not the case on other boards. I thought since it is your pick anyway, you might have ideas.

P.S. part 3 Is there anyone the Browns could pick at 19 this year that would make you regret the trade? I am guessing the answer is "no" but curious.

This would remotely annoy me, were it not for the fact that the promise that the browns most likely saw following last years draft has quickly been replaced with a level of dysfunction that I have truly never seen in my lifetime.

Take whoever the hell you want, they will fall into oblivion soon enough.

Edited by Billshank Redemption

Well, if the Browns were so kind as to draft a WR and said WR had a HOF type career that was obviously better than Sammy's, some posters here could B word about that for the next decade too. That would be logically flawed but that would not stop them.

Hey, that would be awesome for them. Don't knock the way they live their life.

Well we were hoping you wouldn't be that good and we would be picking in the top 10. NOT fair! Hahaha. Just kidding. I am tired of debating who the Browns should take at 19 with Browns fans so thought I'd ask the original owners of the pick who YOU think we should take! I would list our "needs" but we have holes at pretty much every position. Probably the one area we look decent is in the secondary, though I don't have high hopes for Gilbert to take hold of the other CB spot across from Haden and the guy they signed from GB is past his prime. Also, Grimes is gone. RB is OK too.

OK - you are on the clock! Who do you think will be there at 19 that would be BPA for the Browns?

P.S. Part 2 If you don't want to talk about the Browns I apologize. In the past, you all have been so knoweldgeable about all teams, not the case on other boards. I thought since it is your pick anyway, you might have ideas.

P.S. part 3 Is there anyone the Browns could pick at 19 this year that would make you regret the trade? I am guessing the answer is "no" but curious.

How about a Kicker

I thought the theme here was what we would do if we still had the #19 pick. We wouldn't get one of the top 2 QB's with that, and we can probably get #3 or #4 with our 2nd round pick.

Also, let's ponder where we'd be picking if we hadn't made the deal for Sammy Watkins. I think we would have taken the tight end from North Carolina. We'd probably have won 6-7 games, and we'd be in a bad place again.

Instead we have Sammy, Rex, Shady, Clay, the Fullback, Percy, Incognito, and no more Marrone.

Good turn of events.

I'll throw a name in that nobody has mentioned yet - Eric Kendricks - ILB - UCLA. If I am the Browns GM with the holes I have am not giving up my two first round picks to go up for Mariota I am going to build that defense up first and see if I can get a project Quarterback in the middle rounds. The D played pretty well vs the pass last year, but was pretty shambolic against the run, so with my first two picks I am going Danny Shelton at defensive tackle to try and plug up the middle of that line and then Eric Kendricks who is a sideline to sidline linebacker, adept at playing the run at 19. Yes they need a wide receiver but I think the top tier guys will be gone and a bit like last year I don't see a huge drop off from the late 1st receivers right through to the early 3rd round guys.

Not sure who they will take but whoever it is the Browns will probably F it up like they usually do. One of the few teams in the league over the last 15 years that has actually been more poorly run then the Bills.

I'll throw a name in that nobody has mentioned yet - Eric Kendricks - ILB - UCLA. If I am the Browns GM with the holes I have am not giving up my two first round picks to go up for Mariota I am going to build that defense up first and see if I can get a project Quarterback in the middle rounds. The D played pretty well vs the pass last year, but was pretty shambolic against the run, so with my first two picks I am going Danny Shelton at defensive tackle to try and plug up the middle of that line and then Eric Kendricks who is a sideline to sidline linebacker, adept at playing the run at 19. Yes they need a wide receiver but I think the top tier guys will be gone and a bit like last year I don't see a huge drop off from the late 1st receivers right through to the early 3rd round guys.

daniel Jeremiah had kendricks falling to the Bills at 50. Don't see it but that would be amazing.

daniel Jeremiah had kendricks falling to the Bills at 50. Don't see it but that would be amazing.

If he makes it out of the 1st at all I'll be amazed! But mocks are all crazy this year because player rankings from 20-80 are all over the place depending on who you ask haha

I'd run to the podium if he did! The majority of big boards I have seen have him right there around 20-25 and I think he'd be a nice fit in Cleveland. Karlos Dansby is not the force of old and in Pettine's system you don't stop the run with scheme so you better have players who can stop it both on the line and at the second level.

Hey CR did you see this.... No picks in '16?

@NickMensio: Per @TonyPauline, the #Titans asked the #Browns for their Nos. 12, 19, and 43 picks to move up to No. 2 for Mariota: http://t.co/z25rJvXmAu

If that's true (and the Browns are sold on Mariota) they should say yes to that so fast it'll make heads spin.

Who can say what is true at this point, but I am getting the feeling the Browns are going with Johnny/McCown and want to create the public preception they "tried" to get Mariota but the price was just too steep. I was under the impression the reason McCown signed with them over us was he was all but guaranteed the starters job with his buddy as the OC (at least I believe that was the speculation at the time). I don't think the Browns want to pay the price to get Mariota but if he turns out good they want to be able to say they tried. I think Pettine/Farmer would prefer to roll with a vet QB, especially with that early schedule of theirs, in hopes to win enough games to keep their jobs.

Lots of rumors right now about the Browns trying hard to get Mariota and really liking him, if it's really true it makes no sense whatsoever to leak their interest and given Haslam's relationship to the Titans it wouldn't shock me one bit if the Browns were trying to help the Titans build the market for the pick.

• 2 weeks later...

Cam Erving.... basically a pick for the future. His best position is Center and we have Alex Mack. He is not a 1st rd talent at OG. Essentially it is a wasted pick because they will let Mack walk and use Ervin to plug the hole in 2016. And we still don't have a #1 WR. I hate this trade even more now. Love our 1st pick though so that's keeping me happy.