Who should we take with your #19 pick, Bills fans?

:cry:

Ha ha, that is what I figured. If you ask some people here the Bills should have picked OBJ at 9 and they will tell you in 10 months who the pick should have been at 19. It will be whichever player had the best rookie season that was picked at 19 or later.

Most of us on here are happy with the trade. This draft was just not that good and there were no QBs that the Bills could have gotten anyways.

FWIW, I think that Cam Erving is going to be a really, really good player. I know that a really good guard doesn't compare to a #1 WR but maybe it is a little bit of a silver lining.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Browns let another good to great WR draft go by without taking one. Apparently their philosophy is if you don't have a qb, why bother having good WRs?

Brian Hartline and Dwayne Bowe may be improvement over last years group but they don't scare anyone.

The Browns let another good to great WR draft go by without taking one. Apparently their philosophy is if you don't have a qb, why bother having good WRs?

Brian Hartline and Dwayne Bowe may be improvement over last years group but they don't scare anyone.

They should have taken Parker and then turned around and went defense. I think that Parker is going to be really good.

They should have taken Parker and then turned around and went defense. I think that Parker is going to be really good.

have to agree, I like Shelton and he fills a need but he's also a 2 down player. It's easier to find a good space filler in the middle than a #1 wr.

I wonder if Parker (or his mom) said something to the Browns before the draft. I thought as soon as Shelton and Parker fell to #12, they should have been working to move up from #19 to #13 and taken both Parker & Shelton with the two picks, that move may not have cost much considering they had a plethora of later round picks and the other 1st round trades came at a pretty low price.

I also wonder if there was a bit of a hesitation to take wr at #19 knowing the kid would always be compared head to head to Sammy. While I'm sure that wasn't a primary factor for their decisions, it wouldn't surprise me if that was in the back of their minds. The one WR they did take (Vince Mayle - 4th rounder) is both smaller and had worse combine numbers than the guy we took in the 7th.

I'm biased against the Browns, but given what they were working with in terms of draft capital, I think their draft was pretty "meh". Shelton replaces Phil Taylor (who can't stay healthy), Erving replaces Alex Mack (who wants out of town), Orchard is a depth guy behind Kruger/Mingo and likely replaces Kruger long term, I like Duke Johnson and think he's better than West/Crowell but Jaelin Strong fell all the way down for 70 and he's another guy they could/should have used some of those late picks to get, Xavier Cooper might have been their best pick and actually upgraded a spot, Campbell in the 4th felt like a reach given their safties and the quality of the position that fell late/went undrafted, already talked about Mayle. I did like them grabbing Ekpre-Olomu in the 7th, I know he has the knee but I couldn't believe he fell that far.

Looking at their draft in hindsight, it felt like they were purposely pulling the George Costanza move and doing the exact opposite of what they thought they should do. They didn't use any late picks to move up into position runs, moved back in the 2nd and took no flashy players outside of Johnson. They look like a deeper team but unless they found some gems (possible given how many picks they had) they didn't really upgrade any glaring holes. They'll still likely face teams jamming the box because Bowe & Hartline don't look to be able to beat single coverage consistently, unless Gabriel or Benjamin take huge steps forward they'll still struggle to stretch the field.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

I wonder if Parker (or his mom) said something to the Browns before the draft. I thought as soon as Shelton and Parker fell to #12, they should have been working to move up from #19 to #13 and taken both Parker & Shelton with the two picks, that move may not have cost much considering they had a plethora of later round picks and the other 1st round trades came at a pretty low price.

I also wonder if there was a bit of a hesitation to take wr at #19 knowing the kid would always be compared head to head to Sammy. While I'm sure that wasn't a primary factor for their decisions, it wouldn't surprise me if that was in the back of their minds. The one WR they did take (Vince Mayle - 4th rounder) is both smaller and had worse combine numbers than the guy we took in the 7th.

I'm biased against the Browns, but given what they were working with in terms of draft capital, I think their draft was pretty "meh". Shelton replaces Phil Taylor (who can't stay healthy), Erving replaces Alex Mack (who wants out of town), Orchard is a depth guy behind Kruger/Mingo and likely replaces Kruger long term, I like Duke Johnson and think he's better than West/Crowell but Jaelin Strong fell all the way down for 70 and he's another guy they could/should have used some of those late picks to get, Xavier Cooper might have been their best pick and actually upgraded a spot, Campbell in the 4th felt like a reach given their safties and the quality of the position that fell late/went undrafted, already talked about Mayle. I did like them grabbing Ekpre-Olomu in the 7th, I know he has the knee but I couldn't believe he fell that far.

Looking at their draft in hindsight, it felt like they were purposely pulling the George Costanza move and doing the exact opposite of what they thought they should do. They didn't use any late picks to move up into position runs, moved back in the 2nd and took no flashy players outside of Johnson. They look like a deeper team but unless they found some gems (possible given how many picks they had) they didn't really upgrade any glaring holes. They'll still likely face teams jamming the box because Bowe & Hartline don't look to be able to beat single coverage consistently, unless Gabriel or Benjamin take huge steps forward they'll still struggle to stretch the field.

Just saw this article below. Why did the Browns feel the need to stoop to this level?

BEREA, Ohio -- The Browns were not heartbroken Friday when Louisville receiver DeVante Parker's mom said they didn't want him going to the Browns.

They passed on him for a reason at No. 12 overall: they felt he wasn't tough enough and didn't love the game enough.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/05/browns_werent_heartbroken_by_d.html Edited by YoloinOhio

Just saw this article below. Why did the Browns feel the need to stoop to this level?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/05/browns_werent_heartbroken_by_d.html

#BrownsaregonnaBrown

The few Cleveland sports reporters who aren't afraid to be critical of the organization (who've been shut out by the organization while they feed all their puff pieces to Mary Kay Cabbage) paint the picture of an unprofessional organization who thinks they are smarter than everyone else in the league. Nothing has changed there since Shanahan was asked to be released from his contract and guys like Jordan Cameron said they had zero interest in returning. Everyone talks in the league and these rookies have talked to guys in locker rooms, Mariota is a boy scout who always says the right things and there were rumblings around him they wanted to go anywhere but Cleveland.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Seems Darby was picked for many of the same attributes as Gilbert was last year in that they are coveted for the style of corner that they can play. It will be interesting to see which of them has the better career.

i can already tell Darby has a better work ethic