NBA Playoffs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not click on your youtube link. Ha ha.

Pop-a-b is a great coach. Hate is game time commentaries. But he's a good coach.

I will be hoping for a game 7 win, but would not be surprised it spurs take it IN LA.

Great series - I'm a Spurs fan, and I don't think I've ever seen a series like this one. Both teams played very hard, and both played very clean. My hat's off to the Clippers for a superior performance, and a very classy win. Very, very nicely done!

:beer:

Great series - I'm a Spurs fan, and I don't think I've ever seen a series like this one. Both teams played very hard, and both played very clean. My hat's off to the Clippers for a superior performance, and a very classy win. Very, very nicely done!

Classy all the way from top to bottom both teams.

Confession: This has NEVER HAPPENED TO ME. The roller coaster was just too much. Ties. Up, then down, big shots, etc. etc.

I just couldnt watch it anymore..... The last 2 minutes I did not see live. I waited and googled the score. YEAH I KNOW. WHACK!!!!!!!!

It was just one of those game sevens. Duncan tells Doc Rivers late in the game, "This is the first round?"

he had tears in his eyes at the end and there was so much respect/class between Duncan, etc and cp3. Really cool moment.

It was like a mini superbowl for me.

Funny thing is as much as I love the Clipps. (Wife basically told me to shut up many times. My kids booed me many times too. Lol)

It's not even half of the love I have for the Bills...

Paul = legend on Sat night.

I went to a smashing party last night (where you bring stuff to smash with sledgehammers, axes, bats / whatever you want) which forced me to DVR the Clips game. I was pretty certain I'd be able to maintain a media blackout during the party (largely by having the alcohol help induce an actual blackout) with most people there focused on the fight and smashing ****. It was a good plan poorly executed. While walking from the car to the party I passed multiple houses with the game on -- I avoided peaking at any one of them until I hit a cross walk and had to wait for the light to change right by a house party with a projector airing the game on the side of the building. I looked up without thinking just in time to see Paul hit the game winner.

:censored:

Still went home and watched the game though. Kills me that he's not a Laker.

Clipps lucked out big time.

I was skimming through youtube and saw the clips-spurs highlights from Saturday.

They showed the foul on the spurs at 13 seconds and the foul on the clips at 8 seconds.

And these are fouls? This kind of contact happens on every NBA play.

Maybe that's why I don't watch basketball anymore, as there seems to be violations and infractions on every play, but they get called arbitrarily.

Classy all the way from top to bottom both teams.

Confession: This has NEVER HAPPENED TO ME. The roller coaster was just too much. Ties. Up, then down, big shots, etc. etc.

I just couldnt watch it anymore..... The last 2 minutes I did not see live. I waited and googled the score. YEAH I KNOW. WHACK!!!!!!!!

It was just one of those game sevens. Duncan tells Doc Rivers late in the game, "This is the first round?"

It was like a mini superbowl for me.

Funny thing is as much as I love the Clipps. (Wife basically told me to shut up many times. My kids booed me many times too. Lol)

It's not even half of the love I have for the Bills...

Paul = legend on Sat night.

Clipps lucked out big time.

I have done this for certain Bills and Buckeye games. What a way to live! :lol: Gotta love real sports fandom.

Everyone is talking about the "best sports weekend ever" and what was the best event - NFL draft, Pacuiao-Mayweather, Derby.... to me it was without question Game 7. And I'm not even a fan of either team!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Tip of the hat to the Clips. To be the man, you've got to beat the man. And they did. That game (Game 7) was one of the greatest NBA games I've ever watched. It was a prize fight to the very end. Came down to who threw the very last punch.

Everyone is talking about the "best sports weekend ever" and what was the best event - NFL draft, Pacuiao-Mayweather, Derby.... to me it was without question Game 7. And I'm not even a fan of either team!

Completely agree. The best thing in sports, regardless of the sport, is a game seven. Basketball is my second favorite sport, but I'll watch a game seven of curling if it came down to it.

Cleveland fans are melting down right now. I wonder if they can beat Chicago. Can't be losing home games.

Cleveland will be fine. Bulls won't shoot that well every game and the Cavs won't shoot that poorly. LeBron and Kyrie will put the team in their back this next game and then Smith coming back will light a fire in game three. Cavs win in 6.

Cleveland will be fine. Bulls won't shoot that well every game and the Cavs won't shoot that poorly. LeBron and Kyrie will put the team in their back this next game and then Smith coming back will light a fire in game three. Cavs win in 6.

Maybe. Homecourt aint what it used to be 'cause teams shoot more 3s which lessens the refs' impact. So Game 1 isn't the end of the world. But Love is a killer for their title hopes. With him & the Spurs out this really seems like Golden St's to lose.

Maybe. Homecourt aint what it used to be 'cause teams shoot more 3s which lessens the refs' impact. So Game 1 isn't the end of the world. But Love is a killer for their title hopes. With him & the Spurs out this really seems like Golden St's to lose.

You know before the playoffs started I would have said GS all the way. But now you cant count out the Clippers.

They beat Houston physically and in the last 4 minutes of the game, they beat them "mentally". I kind of felt sorry for them. The last 4 minutes were weird. Houston played horrible and had zero defense. Played super soft..... Then when the game was completely out of reach. The last 45 seconds they were playing like a game 7.... Weird.

Ps. I know it will never happen. But I want the Clippers to sweep the Rockets. I dont know how much I can stand Hardens pubic beard. Like yuck man. Yuck.

Most likely it will be Clippers in 5. What do you guys think?

Cleveland had a nice game tonight. When Shumpert went out, it looked like things v were going to get bad. They fought through Chicago's best punches in that stretch while he was out. LeBron did was he does, dominating everywhere. JR is going to light it up in his first game back.

Cleveland had a nice game tonight. When Shumpert went out, it looked like things v were going to get bad. They fought through Chicago's best punches in that stretch while he was out. LeBron did was he does, dominating everywhere. JR is going to light it up in his first game back.

The best the Bulls could hope for was 1-1 in CLE. Plenty of series to go. I hope Butler tests FA.

The best the Bulls could hope for was 1-1 in CLE. Plenty of series to go. I hope Butler tests FA.

I expect the rest of the games to be much more competitive. It will be interesting to see what Chicago is willing to do to keep Butler this offseason.

it was the return of the headband. LeBron wore it for the first time since March 7. As soon as I saw it I thought, Chicago is !@#$ed. Edited by YoloinOhio

it was the return of the headband. LeBron wore it for the first time since March 7. As soon as I saw it I thought, Chicago is !@#$ed.

:lol: I thought the same thing. Granted, I thought after the loss that this was how game 2 would go, but after I saw the headband I knew it was a lock.

Wow! 2-2 heading back to Cleveland. I never would have thought Cleveland would have won with Kyrie playing like a cripple and LeBron playing bad the first three quarters. Thank you JR Swish.

To infuse some Lebron hate, isn't that like his third ever?

yes. Same # of post season buzzer beater game winners as Michael Jordan.

Also - James has taken 10 career go-ahead shots in final 5 seconds of 4Q or OT in the postseason. He's made 6. Michael Jordan was 5-of-11 in his career.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Also - James has taken 10 career go-ahead shots in final 5 seconds of 4Q or OT in the postseason. He's made 6. Michael Jordan was 5-of-11 in his career.

Guess how many Melo's got? Or Chauncey?

Just let me hate in peace Yolo.

Edited by FireChan

I was going to post this but got distracted with work. I hate it when that happens.

No idea. Why?

why do you hate LeBron? I didn't know anyone hated him other than Skip Bayless.

Because he sucks. The Decision sucked. His speech to his team when he returned to Cleveland sucked. That was the one where he said "[My debut back in Cleveland] is the biggest sporting event in history," to his teammates in a huddle. Quotes like this suck.

Screen-Shot-2015-05-11-at-12.57.35-PM.pn

Wow, pat yourself on the back harder Lebron, no one has ever rolled an ankle in a basketball game. That's a real quote. I don't think I could have made one up that parodies Lebronness more than that.

He's pseudo-humble. He's delusional. He's #Blessed but also #NoDaysOffBecauseI'mTheGreatest. He's not even good at spewing PR garbage, but he thinks he is. He sucks.

Lebron is what you get when you take a PR drone like Russel Wilson and give him an ego/a delusional sense of the world.

Edited by FireChan

Also, more Lebron being the worst.

“I’m a father with three kids. It got very disrespectful,” James said. “I’m OK with competing against Jo. I love the competitive nature, but we should leave it there. The disrespectful words that he said to me were uncalled for."

He complained about trash talk. In the NBA postseason.

Because he sucks. The Decision sucked. His speech to his team when he returned to Cleveland sucked. That was the one where he said "[My debut back in Cleveland] is the biggest sporting event in history," to his teammates in a huddle. Quotes like this suck.

Wow, pat yourself on the back harder Lebron, no one has ever rolled an ankle in a basketball game. That's a real quote. I don't think I could have made one up that parodies Lebronness more than that.

He's pseudo-humble. He's delusional. He's #Blessed but also #NoDaysOffBecauseI'mTheGreatest. He's not even good at spewing PR garbage, but he thinks he is. He sucks.

Lebron is what you get when you take a PR drone like Russel Wilson and give him an ego/a delusional sense of the world.

sounds personal, lol. I'm not a Cavs fan but he does a bunch of recruiting stuff at OSU so for that I am thankful. Haha

You're just jealous because he's besties with your boy Johnny Hobbit. That also happens to be the only thing I hold against LeBron.

You're just jealous because he's besties with your boy Johnny Hobbit. That also happens to be the only thing I hold against LeBron.

You hold it against Lebron that's he's friends with a QB of his "hometown's" football team? Weird. I hold it against Lebron that he swindled Wade and the Heat into thinking he was coming back.

You hold it against Lebron that's he's friends with a QB of his "hometown's" football team? Weird. I hold it against Lebron that he swindled Wade and the Heat into thinking he was coming back.

Come on FC. You know they were friends before Johnny played for the Poops.

If by swindled Wade, you mean dragged his gimpy a$$ to winning two more championships than he would have otherwise, then you're right.

Come on FC. You know they were friends before Johnny played for the Poops.

If by swindled Wade, you mean dragged his gimpy a$$ to winning two more championships than he would have otherwise, then you're right.

I meant more the "I love Napier" comments. And that Riley said that they thought he was coming back. And Lebron telling DWade that they'll team up again if CLE doesn't work out.

I'm not a fan of the friendly, mercenary NBA. Give me guys who play on the same team for 10 years and have rivals on other teams. Not guys who lose to other teams, then join them in FA. I actually don't like Wade, but I respect him. I don't respect Leb.

Edited by FireChan