NBA Playoffs

YoloinOhio

I said it would be shocking. Blowing a 20 point lead with 7 minutes to go classifies as shocking. The Pels led 2 of the games with under 3 minutes to go and the biggest loss was 11. It was shocking that they lost game 3.

They still got swept. Kinda like the clipps collapsing game 2. The game was theirs. They let the spurs back in it. Good win by a good team in San Antonio.

Pelicans were the weakest seed in the west. 0-4 pretty much puts the staple on it. That's credit to GS.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They still got swept. Kinda like the clipps collapsing game 2. The game was theirs. They let the spurs back in it. Good win by a good team in San Antonio.

Pelicans were the weakest seed in the west. 0-4 pretty much puts the staple on it. That's credit to GS.

They were much better at the end of the year than Portland and Dallas. I probably watched 200 or so games this season. The Pels played the best team in the NBA and should be tied at 2 (games 2 & 3). No one blew a 20 point lead in the 4th. The Pelicans were something like 10 games over with Jrue healthy. The sweep is incredibly misleading and if you think that it was an indication of the way that the series was played you weren't watching. The largest victory was 11 and they led 2 games under 3 minutes. It is a young team that was hurt all year but gave GS everything that they could handle. They were the 6th best team out west when healthy and will be contending for home court next year. Losing sucks but if you think that that series was 1 sided you weren't watching.

They were much better at the end of the year than Portland and Dallas. I probably watched 200 or so games this season. The Pels played the best team in the NBA and should be tied at 2 (games 2 & 3). No one blew a 20 point lead in the 4th. The Pelicans were something like 10 games over with Jrue healthy. The sweep is incredibly misleading and if you think that it was an indication of the way that the series was played you weren't watching. The largest victory was 11 and they led 2 games under 3 minutes. It is a young team that was hurt all year but gave GS everything that they could handle. They were the 6th best team out west when healthy and will be contending for home court next year. Losing sucks but if you think that that series was 1 sided you weren't watching.

0-4

I'm no basketball expert but I can tell you that the Bulls offense makes no sense, no consistency, no go to play, nothing.

BTW, I wonder if in the next Bulls turnover Thibodeau will collapse at half court. That shaky right hand is starting to worry me.

I'm no basketball expert but I can tell you that the Bulls offense makes no sense, no consistency, no go to play, nothing.

BTW, I wonder if in the next Bulls turnover Thibodeau will collapse at half court. That shaky right hand is starting to worry me.

with Kevin love out for the series and Jr smith suspended 2 games, Cavs are in trouble vs Chicago I think. That is if the Bulls can win this series.

with Kevin love out for the series and Jr smith suspended 2 games, Cavs are in trouble vs Chicago I think. That is if the Bulls can win this series.

I still think the Cavs will get it done because of LeBron, but losing Love will hurt a lot. Smith being out hurts but I think they'll be able to replace his production easier. Mosgov and Thompson will have to be careful while staying somewhat aggressive on D.

After the last minute win on Saturday, the Bucks are playing with zero pressure, as if that win was the big accomplishment they were after and whatever positive that comes from there is a free ride. The pressure is on the Bulls and by what we're seeing tonight they're not handling it very well.

0-4

So clearly you weren't watching. The best team in the NBA played 3 close games. They were down 20 points in the 4th in game 3!! It was an epic collapse in the realm of the Oilers in '92. Acting as if that was some kind of 1 sided affair is asinine. Portland stole a game, in the 4th, at home, against a decent team with 1 of their best 2 players out. That doesn't all of a sudden mean that they are good. The injuries to Affalo & Mathews make them about the 10th best team in the west. They still may be better than the Mavs w/Rondo & w/o Parsons. Those teams would have gotten beat much worse by GS. They just played easier teams because they were good early in the year. The record doesn't tell the whole story.

Either way, I'd rather be where New Orleans is now than just about anyone else. They have arguably the best player in the league who just turned 22. This series was about playing in some playoff battles and in that atmosphere. While the historic collapse in Game 3 was difficult on the team it may be a blessing moving forward.

Look at the situation the Clips are facing. If they lose here, you have Jordan as a FA, no bench, CP at 30 and are in the same place (out in round 1). The same goes for the Mavs. They are done for a while. Over the next 5 years the best teams out west will be OKC (assuming Durant stays in 2016), Houston and New Orleans. I'm okay waiting until 2016-17 to be a title contender. I'd rather be there than with a window that's about to close.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

So clearly you weren't watching. The best team in the NBA played 3 close games. They were down 20 points in the 4th in game 3!! It was an epic collapse in the realm of the Oilers in '92. Acting as if that was some kind of 1 sided affair is asinine. Portland stole a game, in the 4th, at home, against a decent team with 1 of their best 2 players out. That doesn't all of a sudden mean that they are good. The injuries to Affalo & Mathews make them about the 10th best team in the west. They still may be better than the Mavs w/Rondo & w/o Parsons. Those teams would have gotten beat much worse by GS. They just played easier teams because they were good early in the year. The record doesn't tell the whole story.

Either way, I'd rather be where New Orleans is now than just about anyone else. They have arguably the best player in the league who just turned 22. This series was about playing in some playoff battles and in that atmosphere. While the historic collapse in Game 3 was difficult on the team it may be a blessing moving forward.

Look at the situation the Clips are facing. If they lose here, you have Jordan as a FA, no bench, CP at 30 and are in the same place (out in round 1). The same goes for the Mavs. They are done for a while. Over the next 5 years the best teams out west will be OKC (assuming Durant stays in 2016), Houston and New Orleans. I'm okay waiting until 2016-17 to be a title contender. I'd rather be there than with a window that's about to close.

GS won't be one of the best in the West?

Cp is 30. Duncan is 39.

Im not worried about age right now.

DJordan is a fa. So? Will be the easiest sign they ever make. He's not going anywhere.

Same for Blake.

They have to improve their bench. I'll give you that.

Regarding your New orleans statement, how much can change in 5 years. Your eyebrow man could be traded and then what???

Cp is 30. Duncan is 39.

Im not worried about age right now.

DJordan is a fa. So? Will be the easiest sign they ever make. He's not going anywhere.

Same for Blake.

They have to improve their bench. I'll give you that.

Regarding your New orleans statement, how much can change in 5 years. Your eyebrow man could be traded and then what???

His extension is until 2020 I believe. He will almost certainly sign it as it will be $143m (Rose rule). That is the window. If they aren't contenders starting in '16-'17 and lose AD in 2020 they are done for a while. If they can get someone in the summer of '16, to play with this group they will be contenders in that window. When those windows close though it is brutal. OKC may be looking at their last year if Durant leaves.

FWIW, CP is my 2nd favorite player ever next to Jordan. I got to know him really well when he was down here and still play golf with his brother whenever he is in town. They are phenomenal people and come from a great family. I always cheer for him and hope that he gets a title before all is said and done.

Cliff???

His extension is until 2020 I believe. He will almost certainly sign it as it will be $143m (Rose rule). That is the window. If they aren't contenders starting in '16-'17 and lose AD in 2020 they are done for a while. If they can get someone in the summer of '16, to play with this group they will be contenders in that window. When those windows close though it is brutal. OKC may be looking at their last year if Durant leaves.

FWIW, CP is my 2nd favorite player ever next to Jordan. I got to know him really well when he was down here and still play golf with his brother whenever he is in town. They are phenomenal people and come from a great family. I always cheer for him and hope that he gets a title before all is said and done.