NBA Playoffs

YoloinOhio

Sorry Kirby. I used to bet.

Here is how I see it though.

5 game series.

4 game sweep.

6 games.

In that order. But lets see, I guess.

FWIW, I think they are going to get blown out once in GS. The other game will be competitive. If the Pels win that it goes 6 (a 25% chance IMO). They split back in NOLA. GS wins game 5 (or 6 back in NOLA if it gets there).

No jump shooting team can sweep a series IMO. GS is probably the best shooting team ever but the defense tightens in the playoffs and there is going to be a game or 2 where the shots just don't fall at the same rate. GS would have rather played a banged up OKC team that has been fading over an improving Pelicans team that is finally healthy (and playing really well). At this juncture the Pelicans are the 6th best team in the west (behind GS, SA, Clips, Memphis and Houston). Again, I don't give them any chance in the series but I will be shocked if it is a sweep. The only 1st round sweep that I see is Cleveland.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavs rolling through the East. Adding Mosgov, Smith and Shumpert is what put them over the top. Mosgov is a perfect fit with LeBron. Shumpert's D is outstanding and Smith could get hot any night. Love is really the only question mark.

Have a feeling that Memphis is going to take down Golden State on their way to the finals.

Cavs take it all. LeBron gets finals MVP.

Cavs rolling through the East. Adding Mosgov, Smith and Shumpert is what put them over the top. Mosgov is a perfect fit with LeBron. Shumpert's D is outstanding and Smith could get hot any night. Love is really the only question mark.

Have a feeling that Memphis is going to take down Golden State on their way to the finals.

memphis is a dark horse. I'm a Mike Conley Jr. fan.

FWIW, I think they are going to get blown out once in GS. The other game will be competitive. If the Pels win that it goes 6 (a 25% chance IMO). They split back in NOLA. GS wins game 5 (or 6 back in NOLA if it gets there).

No jump shooting team can sweep a series IMO. GS is probably the best shooting team ever but the defense tightens in the playoffs and there is going to be a game or 2 where the shots just don't fall at the same rate. GS would have rather played a banged up OKC team that has been fading over an improving Pelicans team that is finally healthy (and playing really well). At this juncture the Pelicans are the 6th best team in the west (behind GS, SA, Clips, Memphis and Houston). Again, I don't give them any chance in the series but I will be shocked if it is a sweep. The only 1st round sweep that I see is Cleveland.

+1. If you play a modicum of decent, consistent defense against Golden State, you at least have a 50/50 chance. Everyone likes GS because it's fun to watch 3s rain down from all over the court but teams like the Spurs, Grizzlies and Hawks will close on Thompson and double Curry and make guys like Bogut and Barnes beat them. Spurs just blew the doors off GS at Oracle with both rosters at full strength.

A note to Clippers: I'm not offended by your post. It will be a good series but your team has no bench and that's what's going to end the Clips season. Even if Manu goes completely bald during the series. He really should just shave it and give up that battle.

Of course I prefer Clipps in the west.

But I doubt they can beat GS.

I dont like Eddie Winslow from Family Matters, aka Zack Randolph from the Grizzlies. These 2 dudes look 90% identical.

I dont like Eddie Winslow from Family Matters, aka Zack Randolph from the Grizzlies. These 2 dudes look 90% identical.

:lol: Good call!

I guess that I will go on record here:

Cavs in 4

Hawks in 5

Bulls in 5

Wizards in 6

Warriors in 5

Rockets in 5

Spurs in 7

Grizzlies in 6

A 7 game 1st series could be detrimental to the Spurs.... I do think they beat the Clippers but wonder how much they have left after that

A 7 game 1st series could be detrimental to the Spurs.... I do think they beat the Clippers but wonder how much they have left after that

This 1st round is a little weird to me. There are some teams that played better early in the year (Memphis, Dallas, Portland, Washington, Toronto), some teams getting healthy (New Orleans, Chicago), some that have rolled (GS, ATL, HOU, CLE), some teams without playoff talent(BOS, Bucks, Nets) and the Spurs & Clips. That is the only match up that feels special to me. Some of these other ones may get to be exciting but that is the one that jumps out.

In other news. Anthony Davis is not human.

That honestly may have been the worst 3 quarters that he played this season. The 4th quarter was what that guy can become. I thought that today would be a blowout but that 4th quarter gave me hope (especially if Tyreke can get healthy).

That honestly may have been the worst 3 quarters that he played this season. The 4th quarter was what that guy can become. I thought that today would be a blowout but that 4th quarter gave me hope (especially if Tyreke can get healthy).

he just dominated the 4th qtr. Ridiculous. It's fun to watch these exciting young guys compete.

he just dominated the 4th qtr. Ridiculous. It's fun to watch these exciting young guys compete.

Absolutely!! The game is at its all-time best at the moment. The skill & athleticism in the NBA is insane. That's the reason for the great ratings, monster TV deal and skyrocketing franchise values. The future couldn't be much brighter.

watching the Grizzlies right now and can't look at this dude anymore without thinking of this. 😂