NBA Playoffs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a clipper fan. But we have an experienced San Antonio for round 1.

Even with home field advantage, Spurs may take round 1.

Clippers' bench is very weak. 4/5 of our starters are supreme.

I hate how they shorten Stephen to Steph. Yuck. His name bothers me for some weird reason.

Im a clipper fan. But we have an experienced San Antonio for round 1.

Even with home field advantage, Spurs may take round 1.

Clippers' bench is very weak. 4/5 of our starters are supreme.

I hate how they shorten Stephen to Steph. Yuck. His name bothers me for some weird reason.

i was thinking about that yesterday. It's not like we say Steph Gilmore.

Long time (pre-Admiral) Spurs fan.

Spurs will do it the hard way and come out of the West. They will have to pull a 1995 Rockets to do it.

I think the Hawks will beat the Cavs and come out of the East.

FWIW, the Pelicans are going to give the Warriors a competitive series. Pelicans, for the first time this season are at full strength. Wouldn't be surprised in the least to see the Warriors get bounced.

I'm glad the Thunder didn't make it. Loathe that team like I loathe the Pats.

Spurs will do it the hard way and come out of the West. They will have to pull a 1995 Rockets to do it.

FWIW, the Pelicans are going to give the Warriors a competitive series. Pelicans, for the first time this season are at full strength. Wouldn't be surprised in the least to see the Warriors get bounced.

I dont think Spurs can beat Golden State and they will not.

Dont keep reading if you cant handle mean things. It's a warning.

Here's my take on the Spurs:

Good coaching. He will use the hack a dj on Deandre Jordan. Im sure of that. Without that technique, Clipps beat the spurs easily.

Tim Duncan looks like a sad dog all the time. "Ruff ruff"

Mono Ginoby is so bald he should be ashamed of himself. How old is he?

Average age on the Spurs is 51 and they have 2 guys right out of high school that are 19 years old, yet average age is still 51.

Retire already old muthas!

Regarding Okc. I dont mind them too much.

I do find that Russel Westbrook is the ugliest human on the planet. Damn he's ugly.

Pelicans will be swept easily. C'mon now. Really??? Golden state has one of the best teams in the HISTORY OF THE NBA.

Good coaching. He will use the hack a dj on Deandre Jordan. Im sure of that. Without that technique, Clipps beat the spurs easily.

Average age on the Spurs is 51 and they have 2 guys right out of high school that are 19 years old, yet average age is still 51.

I do find that Russel Westbrook is the ugliest human on the planet. Damn he's ugly.

Pelicans will be swept easily. C'mon now. Really??? Golden state has one of the best teams in the HISTORY OF THE NBA.

Golden State will not win the NBA Championship. Golden State will not win the WCF. The Spurs have had the best 16 years of any franchise in recent memory.

1414564465743_Image_galleryImage_The_San

1414564465743_Image_galleryImage_The_San

Yes I knew that. They are a hot team right now. Like they had stopped taking their vitamins, calcium, rogaine, earlier in the year. At one point they were either out of the playoff hunt or in 8th place.

I'm going to post here a lot.

Spurs will not repeat this year!!!

I was there last night (I still make most of the games). That 1st half was maybe the best half that the Pels played all year. Having Holiday back is huge. They have been playing really well and I think that they can push it to 6 games (maybe) and 5 games for sure. I was just thrilled that AD is going to get a little playoff seasoning.

I have the Spurs - Cavs in the finals. I was talking to a co-worker of mine and asked would you take "Spurs, Cavs & Warriors or the field?" I think that it is a pretty interesting thought because the field gives you Rockets, Clips, Hawks, Bulls, Memphis & a bunch of teams that I don't think can win it.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

here in Cavs country it seems like the expectation is for them to win the title this year. I am

Not a cavs fan nor do I dislike them, but I think they have a dysfunction within the team that will ultimately cost them that, at least this year. The little game between LeBron and Kevin Love will come to fruition if they start to struggle and getting the Bulls in the 2nd round is a b*tch.

I was there last night (I still make most of the games). That 1st half was maybe the best half that the Pels played all year. Having Holiday back is huge. They have been playing really well and I think that they can push it to 6 games (maybe) and 5 games for sure. I was just thrilled that AD is going to get a little playoff seasoning.

I have the Spurs - Cavs in the finals. I was talking to a co-worker of mine and asked would you take "Spurs, Cavs & Warriors or the field?" I think that it is a pretty interesting thought because the field gives you Rockets, Clips, Hawks, Bulls, Memphis & a bunch of teams that I don't think can win it.

Aerosmith "Dream on"

Pelicans will most likely get swept. Maybe win one game.

it is crazy how little national media coverage the Pelicans get. I honestly had no idea until yesterday they were even in playoff contention. Anthony Davis is hyped a lot (deservedly so) but otherwise I never hear them talked about. Anyway, congrats! Edited by YoloinOhio

Aerosmith "Dream on"

Pelicans will most likely get swept. Maybe win one game.

Friendly wager? I watch (and bet) a ton of NBA. If you look at the Pelicans record when at full strength this year is right there with the best teams. They played without AD for 14 games (and he left 1 or 2 others in the 1st half), Anderson for 21 games, Gordon for 21 games, Holiday for 42 games, Asik for 6 games and Tyreke for 3. That is over 100 games missed from your core. The rest of the core wasn't added until roughly the trade deadline (Cole, Pondexter & Cunningham). If you were to cut the number of missed games to 50ish from that group they are a 51-52 win team.

I do not think that they can win this series but they are a much, much tougher out than they are getting credit for (and way tougher than OKC would have been). They are a tougher out than Portland and Dallas at this point too. People haven't seen a lot of them (rarely on TV) so they do not know how good they have been. They should have swept the Spurs this year. Their only loss is when Asik tipped it in his own basket at the buzzer to send the game to OT.

Over/under 5 games? I think that it is 5 but possibly 6. 6 is a lot more likely than 4.

it is crazy how little national media coverage the Pelicans get. I honestly had no idea until yesterday they were even in playoff contention. Anthony Davis is hyped a lot (deservedly so) but otherwise I never hear them talked about. Anyway, congrats!

He is way, way, way better than people even think. Obviously, his PER indicates that but it is unreal how many shots he impacts and how much he opens the floor for everyone else. Edited by Kirby Jackson

it is crazy how little national media coverage the Pelicans get. I honestly had no idea until yesterday they were even in playoff contention. Anthony Davis is hyped a lot (deservedly so) but otherwise I never hear them talked about. Anyway, congrats!

AD is only 22 and is already one of the top 4 players in the NBA. He's already a dominant force on defense even though he hasn't even grown into his NBA body yet. His shot will probably reach 3pt range eventually.

The Pelicans have a young talented team around Davis, though. Personally, I think they have too many ball-dominant guards (Jrue, Tyreke, Gordon) on a team that should revolve around AD. Up until Reke and Jrue were acquired by the Pelicans a couple years ago, all three of them were used to having the ball in their hands all the time on their own three respective bad teams. Although I think Jrue is a better player, in a way it worked in their benefit that Jrue missed so much time this season. It allowed Tyreke to shine in the PG role he's more used to.

I could see a healthy Pelicans team beating Dallas or Portland but not Golden State, though I don't expect a sweep. Next season if they could ever stay healthy (It feels like they are always missing one of Jrue, AD or Ryan Anderson for long stretches of time) this team could easily be a top 4 or 5 team in the West, which would be an accomplishment.

Edited by earthtobrint

Friendly wager? I watch (and bet) a ton of NBA. If you look at the Pelicans record when at full strength this year is right there with the best teams. They played without AD for 14 games (and he left 1 or 2 others in the 1st half), Anderson for 21 games, Gordon for 21 games, Holiday for 42 games, Asik for 6 games and Tyreke for 3. That is over 100 games missed from your core. The rest of the core wasn't added until roughly the trade deadline (Cole, Pondexter & Cunningham). If you were to cut the number of missed games to 50ish from that group they are a 51-52 win team.

I do not think that they can win this series but they are a much, much tougher out than they are getting credit for (and way tougher than OKC would have been). They are a tougher out than Portland and Dallas at this point too. People haven't seen a lot of them (rarely on TV) so they do not know how good they have been. They should have swept the Spurs this year. Their only loss is when Asik tipped it in his own basket at the buzzer to send the game to OT.

Over/under 5 games? I think that it is 5 but possibly 6. 6 is a lot more likely than 4.

He is way, way, way better than people even think. Obviously, his PER indicates that but it is unreal how many shots he impacts and how much he opens the floor for everyone else.

Sorry Kirby. I used to bet.

Here is how I see it though.

5 game series.

4 game sweep.

6 games.

In that order. But lets see, I guess.

Grizzlies vs Golden State will be a very good series, I think Golden State is the team to beat in the WCF, although you can never count out San Antonio. Anthony Davis deserves to be in the playoffs but i think they will be swept. Atlanta is toast after losing Sephelosious(sp). Bucks will be fun to watch, I expect Cleveland to beat Toronto in a very good series to face Golden State. I think Cleveland turns it up to 12(Lebron gives them that 'one more'). Gonna be a fun post season...