NBA Playoffs

YoloinOhio

I'm definitely cheering for the Cavs but I can't see them beating GS. The East is so ridiculously bad. That Atlanta team was awful regardless of their record. Cleveland is playing great but are not competing against the same level of competition. The Bulls (if healthy) are the only team in the East (besides the Cavs) that could compete in the west. I hope that Cleveland gets it done but I expect GS.

Better players at my local church game than Shelvin Mack, Kent Bazemore, Mike Scott, and Mike Muscala. Wtf Hawks ? East is just terrible unless wizards make a jump.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard never was the rightful heir to Shaqs thrown he was billed as. That said he is playing injured. The real question with Kerr's success is how much difference a coach makes? How would warriors and knicks seasons been different if he took the Knicks job?

It won't matter. Kerr is definitely a better offensive coach than Jackson but the Warriors were pretty good before Kerr and are loaded with talent. Lee is a former All Star and can't even get on the court. As much as people try to make it about coaches, it's all about players. The Knicks have one of the worst rosters in the NBA with a ball hog for a "superstar."

The Warriors are an amazing team to coach and the West opened up for them. I still think a fully healthy Thunder team could have made the finals. But Warriors- Cavs should be interesting.

I lvoe LeBron on the Cavs but should we root for Cleveland? That's one less miserable sports city if they win.

the only bad part about Kerr coaching now is that he isn't in the broadcast booth anymore. Chris Webber and Reggie Miller can be brutal.

Agreed. I felt the same when Fratello went back into coaching-- really hard to lose the master of the telestrator.

By the way, Weber is brutal. Reggie is passable, but is nowhere near as good of an announcer as his sister was. Not sure what she is doing these days.

Oh she's terrific as a studio host. Frigging hot as hell too. True story!

unrelated but never realized she has 3 kids. They did a surprise thing for her on Mother's Day. Anyway, I think she's really good at her job.

yeah, as i was typing that i realized i was in serious danger of angering the M.U.T. and the sports gods....

The record is intact. Not sure what's more astounding: that with all the playoff series no team has ever recovered from 3&0, or only 3 teams have ever forced a game 7

http://www.answers.com/Q/Which_NBA_teams_have_come_back_after_being_down_3-0_in_a_playoff_series

I'm glad Golden State won the series. They were by far the better team. It's a shame Houston chose last night to play such an ugly game. GS is really something else. Curry is a ball control wizard. His vision on the court is Magic-like. I didn't envision them staying with Cleveland. Now I'm not sure Cleveland can stay with them.

The record is intact. Not sure what's more astounding: that with all the playoff series no team has ever recovered from 3&0, or only 3 teams have ever forced a game 7

http://www.answers.com/Q/Which_NBA_teams_have_come_back_after_being_down_3-0_in_a_playoff_series

he had to be drunk with all those turnovers

The one that stands out the most to me was when the Rockets got it to within 8 with Luke 4-5 minutes to play. Harden was bringing the ball up and lazily tried to dribble between his legs and it went off his foot. Killed all their momentum. He gave up.

Look, if we are going to be among the best or worst of anything, I'd rather be THE best or THE worst, what good does being 2nd worst bring?

I can't have Cleveland winning the championship. That would put Buffalo solidly #1 as the most depressed sports city (in terms of not winning any modern day titles).

Look, if we are going to be among the best or worst of anything, I'd rather be THE best or THE worst, what good does being 2nd worst bring?

Well that's a bummer to think about but you do have a point there. The Bills get more mileage out of losing 4 straight SB's than most teams get for winning it. Does anyone ever talk about the 2003 Bucs or the 2006 Steelers? Nope, never. But the media still can't stop referencing those early 90's Bills teams...that never won it.

I can't have Cleveland winning the championship. That would put Buffalo solidly #1 as the most depressed sports city (in terms of not winning any modern day titles).

but If Cleveland can reverse the curse, anyone can! We will be next!

The NBA Finals

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Game 1: - Thu. June 4, Cleveland at Golden State, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 2: Sun. June 7, Cleveland at Golden State, 8 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 3: Tue. June 9, Golden State at Cleveland, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 4: Thu. June 11, Golden State at Cleveland, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 5 *: Sun, June 14, Cleveland at Golden State, 8 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 6 *: Tue, June 16, Golden State at Cleveland, 9 p.m. ETM, ABC
Game 7 *: Fri, June 19, Cleveland at Golden State, 9 p.m. ET, ABC

Should be an entertaining series, but the 9 PM start times suck for my son who can't stay up to watch games in their entirety.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz