Just for fun - Walter Football 2016 mock draft

I hate their 2015 draft

With top TE's, top guards like AJ Cann.....etc etc we are going to take a linebacker in the second?

WHY

His reasoning is BS.....just because we sent Kiko to the eagles doesnt mean we need to draft a LB......HE DID NOT EVEN PLAY LAST YEAR and we had a top 5 defense

Walter Football is literally just some random dude who started making mock drafts and figured out how to get his site high in Google search results.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there is no telling if we will sign Gilmore long term, but haven't the Bills already announced that we are exercising his 5th year option? A replacement may need to be drafted, but he will be on the team next year, and not free agency. Maybe it wasn't important enough to update that. I think it changes things a bit. We will see though.

I know there is no telling if we will sign Gilmore long term, but haven't the Bills already announced that we are exercising his 5th year option? A replacement may need to be drafted, but he will be on the team next year, and not free agency. Maybe it wasn't important enough to update that. I think it changes things a bit. We will see though.

it was reported that they plan to pick up the option, but they have not formally announced it yet. Regardless, they still need to sign him, and they may also want to replace mckelvin's contract. With a CB you would want to get him in the system at least a year before he needs to start anyway imo. Edited by YoloinOhio

it was reported that they plan to pick up the option, but they have not formally announced it yet. Regardless, they still need to sign him, and they may also want to replace mckelvin's contract. With a CB you would want to get him in the system at least a year before he needs to start anyway imo.

True. But would taking Ramsey mean we wouldn't be dealing with Gilmore then? Or do you think they would go this route either way? Of course this is all speculation though.

True. But would taking Ramsey mean we wouldn't be dealing with Gilmore then? Or do you think they would go this route either way? Of course this is all speculation though.

oh I have no idea, way too early, a million things could happen. But taking a cb in the 1st next yr is a possibility imo. Edited by YoloinOhio

Has a school ever had 3 prospects go in the first 5 picks? You go Ole Miss.

In 1977 the USC Trojans had Ricky Bell taken 1st overall, Marvin Powell taken 4th overall and Gary Jeter taken 5th overall. http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/years/1977

1967 Michigan State had Charles Bubba Smith (aka Hightower in Police Academy movies) go 1st overall, Clint Jones go second overall and George Webster go 5th overall http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/years/1967**

1946 Notre Dame had Frank Dancewicz go 1st overall, Johnny Lujack go 4th oveall and George Connor go 5th overall http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/years/1946

**They also had Gene Washington go 9th overall

Edited by The Jokeman

To be fair, Dawson is a tremendous LB and I would pitch a tent in my pants if he fell to us at 50. IMO, he would absolutely be BPA. I think he ends up going in the first round.

Dawson looks like that spikes type player we want but him v a guard is a tough call

Walter Football is literally just some random dude who started making mock drafts and figured out how to get his site high in Google search results.

Never understood the dislike of passionate, informed amateur creators that occurs on internet chat boards. It stands against reason, in my opinion.

The world is a worse place without passionate amateurs contributing to their passion by expressing their opinions in public with the intent of fomenting discussion. Standing on the sidelines and ripping a knowledgeable amateur for actually creating something strikes me as pretty weak -- especially when a person who is doing the ripping hasn't created anything. Walter Football is a fairly solid site, and I've gotten both enjoyment and insight from it over the years.

Thanks to the OP for posting the link.

Edited by dave mcbride

Bills pick 20th and take a CB. Three QBs taken before they pick.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

I'll friggin puke if Cook goes to the Jets, we need to do whatever it takes to get this kid.

Would be pretty wild if your boy Bosa went number one, he's good but do you think he goes there?

I'll friggin puke if Cook goes to the Jets, we need to do whatever it takes to get this kid.

Would be pretty wild if your boy Bosa went number one, he's good but do you think he goes there?

no, I think he will go top 10 but one of the QBs goes first imo

Never understood the dislike of passionate, informed amateur creators that occurs on internet chat boards. It stands against reason, in my opinion.

The world is a worse place without passionate amateurs contributing to their passion by expressing their opinions in public with the intent of fomenting discussion. Standing on the sidelines and ripping a knowledgeable amateur for actually creating something strikes me as pretty weak -- especially when a person who is doing the ripping hasn't created anything. Walter Football is a fairly solid site, and I've gotten both enjoyment and insight from it over the years.

Thanks to the OP for posting the link.

I think because he posts things like this, that people tend to hate on him.

Bills extend RB LeSean McCoy (5 years, $40M; $26.5M guaranteed): C Grade

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2014recap.php#6zjl7FIFES1YFgPG.99

Again, I don't understand why the Bills feel the need to dedicate so many resources to a running back with about 1,450 career carries and 300 receptions, especially with a very strong running back class available this April. Players at this position pretty much grow on trees right now, so paying one with that much of a career workload under his belt isn't very smart.

Granted, McCoy is one of the better running backs in the NFL right now, but he won't hold that distinction for very long. In two seasons, he'll be north of 2,000 carries and 400 catches. He'll be 29 by then, so chances are he'll regress rapidly beginning in 2017. The problem is that the Bills don't have a quarterback right now, and by the time they obtain one - perhaps one of the three I have slotted in the first round of my 2016 NFL Mock Draft - McCoy won't be nearly as effective. And that's exactly the issue. The Bills currently need to think long term because they aren't winning now with Matt Cassel or E.J. Manuel, but McCoy is a short-term player.

I mean come on. Complaining about McCoy's contract when he has been a top RB in the league for the last 3 out of 4 years? Complaining about a contract when we are paying $4 million less this year? In the end we are paying him 9, but that is practically fluff, that we can choose to pass on since it is only $2.6 in dead cap. Running backs grow on trees? Give me a break.

Bills don't have a QB, so they shouldn't be trying to better our team because all of it is useless until we get a QB? Why bother trying to win now because we won't? Might as well dismantle the defense now, and sell off our great players for future draft picks, we all know we aren't going to win, right?

Obviously this is just one example, but it is pretty damning.

Edited by What a Tuel

I think because he posts things like this, that people tend to hate on him.

I mean come on. Complaining about McCoy's contract when he has been a top RB in the league for the last 3 out of 4 years? Complaining about a contract when we are paying $4 million less this year? In the end we are paying him 9, but that is practically fluff, that we can choose to pass on since it is only $2.6 in dead cap. Running backs grow on trees? Give me a break.

Bills don't have a QB, so they shouldn't be trying to better our team because all of it is useless until we get a QB? Why bother trying to win now because we won't? Might as well dismantle the defense now, and sell off our great players for future draft picks, we all know we aren't going to win, right?

Obviously this is just one example, but it is pretty damning.

I don't necessarily agree with this take, but if you look at the productionof elite backs after turning 27 over the past 30 years, you'll find one back -- Eric Dickerson -- who continued to perform at a truly elite level for a couple more years. Just about everyone else went through either a steep or medium decline, and didn't deserve to paid like the top rbs in the league. In other words, his argument is at least plausible, although I hope McCoy bucks the trend. This draft is supposed to be sensational at RB, and the Bills are devoting $10 million to the spot for the next couple of years with contracts for Dareus and Gilmore coming up. It's also plausible to argue that the Bills aren't going anywhere because of their qb situation. It is what has held the team back for the past decade and a half, after all, regardless of the quality of the defense and running backs.

I don't necessarily agree with this take, but if you look at the productionof elite backs after turning 27 over the past 30 years, you'll find one back -- Eric Dickerson -- who continued to perform at a truly elite level for a couple more years. Just about everyone else went through either a steep or medium decline, and didn't deserve to paid like the top rbs in the league. In other words, his argument is at least plausible, although I hope McCoy bucks the trend. This draft is supposed to be sensational at RB, and the Bills are devoting $10 million to the spot for the next couple of years with contracts for Dareus and Gilmore coming up. It's also plausible to argue that the Bills aren't going anywhere because of their qb situation. It is what has held the team back for the past decade and a half, after all, regardless of the quality of the defense and running backs.

I don't know how I feel about that statistic because I haven't actually looked into it myself. However, I only have to go as far as Matt Forte, Marshawn Lynch, and Fred Jackson to find evidence that the trend isn't actually accurate. The elite qualifier shouldn't matter, because we are looking for a level of play at 27 that is consistent or improved on their prior years.

The Bills are devoting on avg $8 million a year to LeSean McCoy ($5.5, $7.6, $8.8, $8.9, $9.0) for someone they know is going to perform.

As for the QB situation, while I agree it may limit our success, the object of his rating was extending a very good RB's contract. I am not sure what the QB situation has to do with this at all. Is it preventing us from signing that free agent QB out there? It is akin to saying "I don't know why he took the shot, they were down 5-3 anyway. Might as well start fresh next game" Well now we are 5-4.