My afternoon with Rex, Thurman, and Jimbo

The craziest part of all of it is that Marrone would still be here if he didn't quit. And none of this optimism/excitement would be happening. Talk about shivers.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watch the video yet? Wow at the way they answered the questions about Marrone O_O

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/14/rex-ryan-buffalo-bills-new-york-jets/?xid=IFT-Trending

this video really solidifies and signifies the change in culture that has taken place here. Jim and Thurman were so fired up that they looked like they were ready to run to the stadium to put their pads on. when was the last time people around here have been this excited? it feels like the start of something special

I wonder what really happened with firing Marrone and hiring Rex. At the 4:45 mark Rex is asked about some of the things he wanted to mention to the team once and once only. He answers. Obviously, there's some things that went on, ya know, in the off-season with ahhh. At this point you can tell he is thinking of how to put it and maybe what he can say and at that point Thurman starts shaking his head no over and over, as to say to Rex don't say it. After pausing Rex finishes the comment with that led me to get this job. At that point Thurman starts shaking his head yes. Then Thurman says I refuse to mention, there's a pause and Jim jumps in with next question, trying to move on from the current conversation. Man, I wish I knew all the juicy details.

I don't think we have to wonder at all...sounds like a whole lotta b.s.

I fell victim to supporting Marrone last year and downplaying stories about players being in the "Doug-house" and "Saint Doug" -- but it seems more and more as though that's exactly what the atmosphere was like.

Same here. You want to be supportive, plus there are always negative nancies who complain about everything. (See: SabreSpace) So I tend to tune that out. It's terrible to learn it was mostly true.

Same here. You want to be supportive, plus there are always negative nancies who complain about everything. (See: SabreSpace) So I tend to tune that out. It's terrible to learn it was mostly true.

Hard to miss the signs when thy're blazing like an out of control forest fire. There was clearly something amiss about this team in the last two years,

I wonder what really happened with firing Marrone and hiring Rex. At the 4:45 mark Rex is asked about some of the things he wanted to mention to the team once and once only. He answers. Obviously, there's some things that went on, ya know, in the off-season with ahhh. At this point you can tell he is thinking of how to put it and maybe what he can say and at that point Thurman starts shaking his head no over and over, as to say to Rex don't say it. After pausing Rex finishes the comment with that led me to get this job. At that point Thurman starts shaking his head yes. Then Thurman says I refuse to mention, there's a pause and Jim jumps in with next question, trying to move on from the current conversation. Man, I wish I knew all the juicy details.

i took it as what happened with his last job and getting fired. i thought he wanted to badmouth Idzik and Woody but he was holding back. but he could have also meant how Marrone quit on the team i guess. i think everyone is happy he did though so it's not even worth mentioning

The video made me bust out in a big smile two or three times. Especially loved Thurman stating his displeasure with Marrone before telling Jim, "I handled it, just like I used to in the locker room."

Then they fist bumped.

Bring on September, Baby!

Me too CVM.

I don't think we have to wonder at all...sounds like a whole lotta b.s.

I fell victim to supporting Marrone last year and downplaying stories about players being in the "Doug-house" and "Saint Doug" -- but it seems more and more as though that's exactly what the atmosphere was like.

i did the same. Gave him the benefit of the doubt Because at the time i didnt have any reason not to. So glad he's gone.

Got one :)

Me 3! The Speilman jersey is still one of my favorites.

Last year at the Browns game I broke out the Sam Cowart 90's Home Jersey. Felt great wearing it around, got a few, "Oh yeah I remember him!"

Love the obscure jersey!

Me 3! The Speilman jersey is still one of my favorites.

Last year at the Browns game I broke out the Sam Cowart 90's Home Jersey. Felt great wearing it around, got a few, "Oh yeah I remember him!"

Love the obscure jersey!

My first was a Jamie Mueller #39 jersey...

i did the same. Gave him the benefit of the doubt Because at the time i didnt have any reason not to. So glad he's gone.

I did also. I got to talk to Tom Coughlin briefly about Marrone and he thought Doug was a good coach and would succeed in the NFL. Guess he was wrong. I'm so glad he's gone and can admit I was wrong about him, myself.

I wonder what really happened with firing Marrone and hiring Rex.

Something stood out to me at the press conference introducing Rex and has stuck with me ever since. A reporter asked Pegula, Brandon and Whaley if they were surprised by Marrone's opt out. Pegula jumped in immediately, barely letting the reporter finish his question, and said (I forget the exact quote): "Absolutely."

His tone, brevity and rapid response made me think, OK, that's the company line and the head guy in charge will naturally leap at the chance to get it out there.

I've been a part of enough organizations that have had high-ranking officials step down "on their own" when really they're told behind the scenes "Yeah, listen, you need to take your money and GTFO."

We have no way of knowing if that was the case here, and maybe never will, but it wouldnt surprise me in the least.

I guess we're still winning the off season. :rolleyes:

All this 'barking' is fun, given that we've been wandering in the desert so long, but the 'bite' part can't come soon enough...

(apologies to Mike Vick)

Edited by Lurker

My first was a Jamie Mueller #39 jersey...

My first was a Bruce Smith jersey from the Champion outlet in Jamestown that my brother gave me for xmas, it probably cost him all of $7. It ended up at the outlet because it had 78 on the front and back but 97 on the sleeves. He called it the Bruce Bennett, and I freaking loved it. It wore it until it literally disintegrated.

This is a cool collage

@john_kucko: Sports Illustrated has put #Bills on cover 14 times, including this week's regional cover #BillsMafia @SalSports http://t.co/60My4qiyL5

The Bruce cover is an all time great.

Love the cover of OJ as a rookie before he got 32. Found the cover story

http://www.si.com/vault/1969/08/25/609889/the-first-taste-of-oj-is-ok

My first was a Bruce Smith jersey from the Champion outlet in Jamestown that my brother gave me for xmas, it probably cost him all of $7. It ended up at the outlet because it had 78 on the front and back but 97 on the sleeves. He called it the Bruce Bennett, and I freaking loved it. It wore it until it literally disintegrated.

Dude thats awesome! I remember Bruce and Bennett used to tell each other "Let's meet at the quarterback" I think we finally have some current D-lineman who share that same philosophy!