Amaro talks about Rex

Drreef2

I do worry a bit about Rex in that regard. He gets his players to play hard on Sundays but there have been times during his career where the appearance is that the inmates have been running the asylum. Players coaches make me nervous, but the man seems to win less than half of the time.

Corrected for accuracy. Rex is 46 and 50 as a HC.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corrected for accuracy. Rex is 46 and 50 as a HC.

obviously Coach Tuesday was looking at the most recent 2 year history

Rex was 28- 20 from 2009 through 2011

other 1st time head coaches with .500 or lower records that spent time in the JETS org were both present in the SB 2 months ago

That's not surprising to hear. Rex is know league wide as a players coach and players coaches tend to give more understanding and rope to players. That's why players like to play for guys like Rex. Imagine working for a boss that didn't get on your ass for being a few minutes late to a meeting once in awhile as opposed to a boss that wanted you to be 5 minutes early every time without exception. But being lenient with players does come at a cost as it makes players less disciplined, but being too much of a disciplinarian could lead to players resenting the coach.

It sounds like in that last season with the Jets Rex maybe gave his players too much. I hope Rex cuts down on that sort of stuff here. This is a veteran team looking to win now, you can't let the inmates run the asylum.

The Jets dispute Ryan’s belief, but it was obvious to anyone paying attention that Rex was walking on eggshells for the last two years. He’s now planning to stomp on anyone who gets in his way, and that’s the Rex Ryan that not only can lead a team to great places but also can make the NFL a lot more fun to follow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/14/rex-ryan-responds-to-jace-amaro-rex-ryan-style/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Love the comments section.

:lol:

And I hate stuff like this as well. "You know, it was Rex's fault that I didn't show up because he didn't hold me accountable. But the new guy is." Idiots. You either have it or don't.

Exactly. You think Petyon Manning, Phillip Rivers, etc. need people to tell them to show up on time. No. And by all accounts neither do any of the players on this roster. I have a feeling if we had players slacking off, K. Williams and/or FJax would be all over them. Or Eric "give back the money you ain't earned yet" Wood.

Exactly. You think Petyon Manning, Phillip Rivers, etc. need people to tell them to show up on time. No. And by all accounts neither do any of the players on this roster. I have a feeling if we had players slacking off, K. Williams and/or FJax would be all over them. Or Eric "give back the money you ain't earned yet" Wood.

geno smith is the one who showed up late and rex still started him (in SD). That's what Amaro was referring to according to the jets message board. Well, Rex wanted to bench Geno on a few occasions and was told he didn't have the authority to do so. So probably wasn't his call. Plus the situation is a little different for a QB. You don't just bench the starting QB. Maybe he was held accountable in a different way and it's not for Amaro to know that or the media. Finally, it's Geno. Enough said.

geno smith is the one who showed up late and rex still started him (in SD). That's what Amaro was referring to according to the jets message board. Well, Rex wanted to bench Geno on a few occasions and was told he didn't have the authority to do so. So probably wasn't his call. Plus the situation is a little different for a QB. You don't just bench the starting QB. Maybe he was held accountable in a different way and it's not for Amaro to know that or the media. Finally, it's Geno. Enough said.

That's one way to spin it. IMO putting too much trust in players to "do the right thing" cost Rex in NJ. I hope he learned from that. If I were him I'd appoint an !@#$ coach (maybe one on both sides of the ball) to enforce dicipline without Rex needing to get directly involved.

That's not surprising to hear. Rex is know league wide as a players coach and players coaches tend to give more understanding and rope to players. That's why players like to play for guys like Rex. Imagine working for a boss that didn't get on your ass for being a few minutes late to a meeting once in awhile as opposed to a boss that wanted you to be 5 minutes early every time without exception. But being lenient with players does come at a cost as it makes players less disciplined, but being too much of a disciplinarian could lead to players resenting the coach.

It sounds like in that last season with the Jets Rex maybe gave his players too much. I hope Rex cuts down on that sort of stuff here. This is a veteran team looking to win now, you can't let the inmates run the asylum.

Dear God people do you even put it through your mind that he was a lame duck coach last year?

He even said he knew the second Idzik was brought in he wasn't going to be around much longer.

Edited by Beef Jerky

I'm not against the hire and think that he has a chance to get this team over the hump. My two misgivings are game management and player management. You don't have to be 100% "for" or "against" something.

Funny that this only comes from a bad rookie... Not a single vet or or good player, but a bad rookie.

You will never hear a vet say a bad word about Rex because they know Rex has their back. I got the sense last year some of the players did not trust/like Marrone. To Marrone's credit he still got the team playing hard most Sundays. I will be very surprised if they don't make the playoffs this year & this is the first offseason I have said that since Bledsoe's second year here. Hopefully this year turns out better.

In the OTA interview thread but will put here too

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: The comments from Amaro struck a nerve in a different way.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: I'll stand by my Jace Amaro comments, 100%. He's the least of my worries

@viccarucci: More on Rex on Amaro's comments: "We're not tiptoeing into somebody else's stadium."

Love how Rex eschews the coach speak and fires back with guns blazing. So much more fun than the "blah, blah, blah, I respect him as a player...blah, blah, blah...I don't concern myself with these distractions...blah, blah, blah..."

Dear God people do you even put it through your mind that he was a lame duck coach last year?

He even said he knew the second Idzik was brought in he wasn't going to be around much longer.

ummmm do you really need to ask that?

HGH.

they also think the same of the 9ers O. lane duck coaches need to give it 120%.

Love how Rex eschews the coach speak and fires back with guns blazing. So much more fun than the "blah, blah, blah, I respect him as a player...blah, blah, blah...I don't concern myself with these distractions...blah, blah, blah..."

I'm with you, Rex is something Buffalo is not used to, a coach with balls. He knew how to play that NY media that's the toughest in USA so I can't until Sully and Bucky get a taste. Most important thing of course is go out and back up the mouth with wins, if he does he will be a God to the fans! Frankly its nice to hear The Bills mentioned almost daily on national talk shows etc. What a difference a year makes from blah blah blah..

• 2 weeks later...

Amaro looks like he should be casting for Jersey Shore, not playing football...he'd fit right in with "The Situation", Ronnie and Paulie D

Amaro is so full of crap

- If he had kept his mouth shut in the first place there would would be no thing

- There is ALWAYS "fresh air excitement" when a change is made

- Rex Ryan doesnt like to win immediately? His first two teams with the jets went to the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Its ok Rex......a player on the bills will answer this for Rex....probably Nigel Bradham