FA SS Dawan Landry visiting Bills

Our favorite reporter Road-dick says the Bills risk losing a 6th rd comp pick in next year's draft if they sign either Spikes or Landry, and likely could only afford one of them.

BFD. A potential starter for what essentially would be an early 7th round pick? No brainer.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Duke Williams really an NFL starter? I don't recall seeing too much from him, but he hasn't hasn't seen a lot of action. They need to do something at safety and not sure a draft pick is ideal. Are there any other decent veterans out there? For this D to be really good, they can't have holes. Duke Williams feels like a giant hole to me right now. Maybe Graham starts at safety. I'd be fine with that, but he's needed for corner depth. McKelvin/Gilmore aren't all that durable to this point in their careers. Anyways, what about Duke Williams?

Is Duke Williams really an NFL starter? I don't recall seeing too much from him, but he hasn't hasn't seen a lot of action. They need to do something at safety and not sure a draft pick is ideal. Are there any other decent veterans out there? For this D to be really good, they can't have holes. Duke Williams feels like a giant hole to me right now. Maybe Graham starts at safety. I'd be fine with that, but he's needed for corner depth. McKelvin/Gilmore aren't all that durable to this point in their careers. Anyways, what about Duke Williams?

i think DW was drafted to eventually take over for Searcy and he has been groomed the last 2 years to do so. He played a lot last year in the secondary and improved throughout the year. He also played a lot on ST. I am sure the Bills prefer to fill holes with players they drafted vs. having to keep signing FAs for replacements. That said, they need another safety just from a pure numbers standpoint and since all 5 of their safeties are young guys, makes sense to sign a vet like Landry. Especially one who knows the new defense. Edited by YoloinOhio

Duke got much better as the season went on. He is a hard hitter and sure tackler. I think he has what it takes to start and produce. He's not going to be a top 5 safety or whatever, but he will be a valuable member of the secondary and teams.

@mikerodak: Also has a chat with new DBs coach Tim McDonald and DC Dennis Thurman about Corey Graham. Said he can play either CB or S.

@mikerodak: Both Thurman and McDonald said they didn't know if Dawan Landry would be coming to Buffalo.

@mikerodak: Also has a chat with new DBs coach Tim McDonald and DC Dennis Thurman about Corey Graham. Said he can play either CB or S.

@mikerodak: Both Thurman and McDonald said they didn't know if Dawan Landry would be coming to Buffalo.

I feel like we knew both those things....

Duke got much better as the season went on. He is a hard hitter and sure tackler. I think he has what it takes to start and produce. He's not going to be a top 5 safety or whatever, but he will be a valuable member of the secondary and teams.

I agree....I thought Duke got better the more he played.

If you want to be a good team you have to draft well and play those guys.

I feel like we knew both those things....

To me i feel like there is a better chance we bring Spikes back then adding Landry

Duke played nearly half the snaps. His playing time was close to Searcy.

BFD. A potential starter for what essentially would be an early 7th round pick? No brainer.

Sign Spikes and Landry if you can fit them under this years cap. Landry provides a good veteran option at safety while adding depth in case of injury. Spikes provides depth at LB and a powerful force in the run game on early downs. Both guys would help the depth of the defense in areas where they need it. Why the hell would you throw away two quality veteran players for a late round pick?

30 seconds of my life that I want back. Thanks for the filler, Mikey