allocate Bills touches

Maybe a fun exercise, but totally useless. So many factors go into this. Weather conditions, opponent, score, field position.... , every game is different. One game watkins may catch 10 balls, 2 the next, ...., if we're winning late, we will run more, losing we will pass more

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a fun exercise, but totally useless. So many factors go into this. Weather conditions, opponent, score, field position.... , every game is different. One game watkins may catch 10 balls, 2 the next, ...., if we're winning late, we will run more, losing we will pass more

Of course, but I wanted not a specific game but what our players will average in our next season and yes it's an exercise.

You give too few pass targets to Fred Jackson. If we have EJ throwing checkdowns all day, then Fred will get a lot of targets like he did last year.

McCoy probably gets a chance to catch the ball 4-5 times a game

35.5 runs a game.

34 passes @ 62% comp% = 21 passes

21+35.5 = 56.5 plays a game

Huh?

McCoy probably gets a chance to catch the ball 4-5 times a game

Agreed. I think we throw 5-10 passes a game to rbs/fb. That's why I'm praying we draft a guard prospect that can pull. It hurt us big time last year not having a guard that can pull effectively.

This is an interesting exercise.

As you think about it, it makes you think that we probably have too many play-makers on offense, as crazy as that sounds.

yep - made me think Harvin money should have gone to OL - have we added fancy rims and a spoiler without doing anything about the 1.5 L 100HP engine .

This is an interesting exercise.

As you think about it, it makes you think that we probably have too many play-makers on offense, as crazy as that sounds.

That's the opposing defenses' problem. No more doubling/tripling Sammy, and hoping Woods doesn't get open.

Huh?

Agreed. I think we throw 5-10 passes a game to rbs/fb. That's why I'm praying we draft a guard prospect that can pull. It hurt us big time last year not having a guard that can pull effectively.

In the Fredex highlights thread (heheh) with the clips from 3 years ago it really stood out. Who's that guard, he's decent at pulling ..... oh, it's Levitre.

(Not to be confused for saying we should have kept him at what the Titans gave, I don't believe they got their value out of him and maybe we had inside scoop on injuries)

Runs: 38 in total

20 for Shady

8 for Freddy

6 Zone Reads

4 remaining for Felton/Dixon/Brown

Passes: 28 in total

8 for Watkins

6 for Clay

5 for Harvin

5 for Woods

4 Screens/dumpoffs to RB/FB

No team has averaged 38 carriees a game in 11 years. It's not going to happen.

yep - made me think Harvin money should have gone to OL - have we added fancy rims and a spoiler without doing anything about the 1.5 L 100HP engine .

My first take as well. Maybe that will change when he returns a few kicks for TD's or takes a dump off all the way. But I still fret about this OL. It doesn't look like a bully to me.

I see 33 rushes, 26 pass attempts per game. That would put the Bills near the top in rushing attempts overall, but not above historical trends.

Barring injuries: (Expect 1 injured RB and 1 injured WR during the year! The names will therefore change.)

----

McCoy 20 rush, 4 pass targets ... project to 320 Rush, 64 targets (50 receptions)

RB #2 5.5 rush, 2 pass targets ... project to 88 Rush, 32 targets (20 receptions)

RB #3 1 rush ... project to 16 Rush

Felton 2 rush, 1 pass targets ... project to 32 Rush, 16 targets (11 receptions)

QB 2.5 rush ... project to 40 Rush

Watkins 7 pass targets ... project to 112 targets (71 receptions)

Clay 4 pass targets ... project to 64 targets (40 receptions)

Woods 4 pass targets ... project to 64 targets (40 receptions)

Harvin 1 rush, 3 pass targets ... project to 16 rush, 48 targets (28 receptions)

Others 1 pass target .. project to 16 targets (10 receptions)

Total Rushes: 512 (Would rank #3 in 2014)

Total passing: 416 Att, 270 Comp ... 64.9% Comp Pct (We can hope, right?)

So the above has no basis other than guessing, but I figured I might as well try.