What's the deal with Ross Cockrell

ny33

Does anyone have a sense of how Cockrell has developed? We heard virtually nothing about him or his development during his rookie year, and I haven't seen anything this offseason. I can't recall seeing so little information on a fourth-round pick that made the roster.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would expect to hear about him this off-season? There were other things going on plus players don't do much in the off-season. Hence the name. As we get closer to OTAs and camp I'm guessing we'll start to hear and see about him.

He reminds me of a faster Jairus Byrd as he was kind of a ballhawk in college, able to diagnose routes really well. Not a big hitter though. I wonder if he will get a look at safety or to back up AW. If he bulked up over his first NFL offseason training program he could be an asset in the backfield.

@dukecoachdj: Buffalo Bills cornerback Ross Cockrell getting some off season work in at Duke with Coach DJ. http://t.co/RDaXV4Uih0

Keep in mind that while we have cap room decisions are going to have to be made on players.......

Ross has had the advantage of not having to be a starter behind very good starters in front of him.....but you draft for a reason......

I think McKelvin is gone soon....and Ross is probably the replacement.

I understand why people say it but I just can't believe that McKelvin would be going anywhere. I know he's not what we all hoped he would be but even finding decent corners is not easy to do.

I understand why people say it but I just can't believe that McKelvin would be going anywhere. I know he's not what we all hoped he would be but even finding decent corners is not easy to do.

this is true, corners are a hot commodity. But he has a decent cap hit and because corners are so coveted he could fetch something we need in a trade IF they think cockrell can play. We have Graham, Robey and Brooks too.

There are a dozen teams in the NFL that would covet McKelvin and likely start him. I do not say that because I think we should trade him. I think CB's are valuable and there is a reason they're coveted. They're very important. So, while we have Robey, Gilmore, Graham, McKelvin and Cockrell to join him it may seem like overkill. But, McKelvin is the 2nd best CB on this team. Graham is good. But, lets face it, he honestly was highly sought after last offseason. He is good and I love him on this team but he is the 3rd best CB on this team.

decent on ST, but horrible at corner in the last game at NE. Just brutal.

He is a pretty good ST player and he is a very heavy hitter. Definitely hasn't shown enough at corner, although I do remember him having to play a little earlier in the season and he did well enough (can't remember which games).

He is a pretty good ST player and he is a very heavy hitter. Definitely hasn't shown enough at corner, although I do remember him having to play a little earlier in the season and he did well enough (can't remember which games).

i honestly only remember two things about Brooks in 2014. When he got hurt in the Detroit game on ST on that scary play, and then when both gilmore and mckelvin were out in the last game at NE and he started at corner and was brutal. I think he is ok depth though. It is a bad draft for CBs and there are fewer and fewer ready to succeed in man coverage on NFL WRs straight out of college due to the types of offenses being run in cfb. Edited by YoloinOhio