Freds rushing stats last year

2tds 3.7 a carry. A starting rb in the league. You should have 2 td games a few times during the yr. 3.7 a carry. I don`t dislike him as a person. I just think it`s time for him to step aside. He looked so slow and no pop to him at all last year. It is what it is. When players are done you get rid of them. Remember Bruce Andre and Thurman ,all sent packing when they wore out. Maybe your too young. What makes him better than them. They were pro- bowl players.

He was starting rb for half the season while spiller was out and was out a couple games himself. Then there is the line that was a contributing factor that had us going from second in the league in rushing in 2013 to 25th or so in 2014.

Add that to the fact that LeSean mccoy is the starting rb, and I have to ask. What's your point? Jackson isn't going to get as many carries and Bryce hasn't shown he can do better with the carries he's given (3.5 yds a carry 0 tds)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the rules against crusading get dropped somewhere? Because I am not clear on how this thread adds anything to the previous threads on Fred. And the poster who started this thread talks about this subject constantly. We get it, you want Fred gone, and so do a few others. But I think that you made that clear IN 10 other places. Find something current to talk about!

141 carries for 525 yds 3.7 ypc. 2tds 5 yes ,5 fumbles in 141 carries. 3 fumbles 2013 5 fumbles 2012 .

You're being disonest here. He had ZERO lost fumbles in 2013 and 2014. 2012 was Fred's worst season and he lost 4 fumbles. As others have pointed out, Fred's fumbles were receiving and punt returns, NOT rushing. So the fumbles are NOT his rushing stats for 2014.

He takes carries away from a better back. Bigger ,faster, stronger.

As Fire Chan said, "Who"? Boobie is bigger, not faster, maybe stronger. Bryce is faster, but Rexy ripped the $hit out of him saying in print that Bryce needed to learn how to hang on to the rock first. CJ? Puhleez.

I know one of Fred's fumbles was on the play where he basically tore his groin muscle this year.

Another was when he was concussed, a third was when he tore his MCL.

Also why focus only on one season's running stats, when in that same season, Jackson was the team's top receiver?

OK, now I get it.

You forgot to put a humor emoticon after your original post.

I missed it too. Maybe you're too old too. like me. who watched Fred play hard every year. regardless of the O line and coaching and never say a bad word.

except that one thing!

hard to tell sarcasm and humor sometimes

Edited by 3rdand12

141 carries for 525 yds 3.7 ypc. 2tds 5 yes ,5 fumbles in 141 carries. 3 fumbles 2013 5 fumbles 2012

NO fumbles in 141 carries. If your going to use stats don't lie to serve your crusade. Per NFL.com Fred, in his career, has 15 fumbles in 1279 carries that's 1 in every 82.2666666667 attempts. Bryce has 5 in 226 carries, that's one in every 45.2 attempts. That means for their careers Bryce fumbles almost twice as much per attempt. But your keep fooling yourself with those stats. :thumbsup:

So let me get this straight......

The bills go out and get the 3rd best RB in the league in the offseason

And we are bitching about Fred Jackson.....pretty much the heart of the team......and his whatever carries he might get behind McCoy?

This is a NON issue here.......

Perspective doesn't exist on message boards.

Fred is getting old, yes. But last year he averaged 3.7 ypc - which ties him for 29th among RBs - while having the 34th most carries. Those aren't great numbers, but they seem very respectable for a back up. "Nothing left in the tank" certainly does not fit with those. It seems obvious that Fred can be a productive back up RB this year. He's another year older, but with fewer carries I don't see what the fuss is about.

Oh, and ghosting is for tools. Making the effort to agree with your ghost account is pitiful.

As others have said, the OP is being disingenuous with the stats, by not including his touches as a receiver and punt returner,

and by including all fumbles, not just fumbles lost (ya know, the ones that actually hurt the team). So, if Fred muffs a punt to his feet

when subbing for an injured punt returner (not his normal position), but then picks it up and gets a decent return, this is to tell us

that he is fumble prone as a RB? Come on. Does Fred fumble, sure, but how much different is he from other RBs?

When you add in ALL TOUCHES (rushing attempts and receptions) and only fumbles lost, this is how he compares to some

of the better RBs in the league (these are career stats for all players and I tried to pick guys that also have enough touches

to warrant comparison):

In order of best to worst:

LeSean McCoy: 1 fumble every 176 touches

Matt Forte: 1 fumble every 174 touches

Marshawn Lynch: 1 fumble every 162 touches

Arian Foster: 1 fumble every 162 touches

Fred Jackson: 1 fumble every 146 touches

D. Murray: 1 fumble every 138 touches

A. Peterson: 1 fumble every 119 touches

F. Gore: 1 fumble every 111 touches

J. Charles: 1 fumble every 94 touches

Bryce Brown: 1 fumble every 66 touches (although its a bit unfair to compare him to those above due to a much smaller sample size)

Are you guys telling me you wouldn't have wanted Peterson, Gore, Murray, or Charles over the last few years because they fumble too much?

I love Fred Jackson, and put him a notch behind Thomas Kelly Reed etc as one of the most endeared players in franchise history, but how will he be utilized this year? Power I formations? passing downs? (McCoy is also phenominal catching out of the backfield where Fred was effective last year ). Booby's far more of a short yardage back than Fred so probably not so much there. I'm just interested in hearing scenarios, and I don't really think the fumbles are that big an issue for him, we all know he's a gamer and most of those fumbles mentioned he got back. Remember Travis Henry was a 1300 yard runner and fumbled quite literally almost every game one year. I'm just curious to know in what capacity Roman will specifically utilize him in order to enhance the offense that isn't otherwise covered by the other backs. Suggestions?

Yeah, if you are saying that Jackson really has no role, I agree with you. I have liked him a great deal as a player, but he will not play a significant role this year unless he found some kind of fountain of youth in the off season, or unless he was more injured last year than we know. We are better off spending money on an area of need, thank him for all that he did, and move on.

The Bills may be close now, have the defense, offensive weapons, the special teams.

But they need O-line help/security and QB help/security. They are running low on funds.

As much as I like the guy, know how hard he has played for the Bills, I cannot see holding on to him in this situation. Great teams, in my view, like the Bills of old, know when to move on. They almost always cut ties when it was needed, no matter the player.

It is time now.

As others have said, the OP is being disingenuous with the stats, by not including his touches as a receiver and punt returner,

and by including all fumbles, not just fumbles lost (ya know, the ones that actually hurt the team). So, if Fred muffs a punt to his feet

when subbing for an injured punt returner (not his normal position), but then picks it up and gets a decent return, this is to tell us

that he is fumble prone as a RB? Come on. Does Fred fumble, sure, but how much different is he from other RBs?

When you add in ALL TOUCHES (rushing attempts and receptions) and only fumbles lost, this is how he compares to some

of the better RBs in the league (these are career stats for all players and I tried to pick guys that also have enough touches

to warrant comparison):

In order of best to worst:

LeSean McCoy: 1 fumble every 176 touches

Matt Forte: 1 fumble every 174 touches

Marshawn Lynch: 1 fumble every 162 touches

Arian Foster: 1 fumble every 162 touches

Fred Jackson: 1 fumble every 146 touches

D. Murray: 1 fumble every 138 touches

A. Peterson: 1 fumble every 119 touches

F. Gore: 1 fumble every 111 touches

J. Charles: 1 fumble every 94 touches

Bryce Brown: 1 fumble every 66 touches (although its a bit unfair to compare him to those above due to a much smaller sample size)

Are you guys telling me you wouldn't have wanted Peterson, Gore, Murray, or Charles over the last few years because they fumble too much?

This.

Ah ha, this is what I was looking for. I knew the punt "fumbles" had to be something that wasn't a huge deal, because I don't remember it being detrimental to any of the games.

Overall great post though :thumbsup: